PDA

View Full Version : Blower that also heats??!?

Dbits
03-31-2016, 02:24 PM
Friend of mine was telling me he used a Detailer that had a blower that also heated the paint ever so slightly. Has anyone heard of this? Said he bought it at Home Depot. I do not use a blower now to dry the car, I feel as if I can get it done quicker with a towel.

parttimer
03-31-2016, 02:36 PM
Metro sells a blower that has integrated heat. Not seen one at the depot.

FrankS
03-31-2016, 02:45 PM
The Master Blaster blows warm air after you use if for a few minutes.

FUNX650
03-31-2016, 05:24 PM
•Besides the Metro Master Blaster
for that type of set-up, I'll suggest:

-Get yourself one of those Shop-Vac 500cfm,
(or higher), portable blowers/air movers from
one of the home supplies store.
-Then buy one of the $19.00 heater attachments
(made for mounting to portable blowers/air
movers)...like Harbor Freight has in stock.

Bob

Mantilgh
03-31-2016, 07:44 PM
Thanks for the air mover info Bob! I did not know they made these. I've always searched for a combined unit but did not find this.

Dbits
03-31-2016, 08:41 PM
Great advice! I don't mean to sound rude or anything, would I pick up the air mover and dry the car with it or would it be on a roller? I currently use chemical guys fatty orange microfibers and it drys like a charm. I am worried about lightly scratching the vehicle though. Thanks for all the advice guys.

Mantilgh
03-31-2016, 09:58 PM
Sorry, I believe the air movers would not work very well. For drying the exterior of a vehicle you would want something like the Metro Blaster or McKee's 37 Turbo Car Dryer that maneuverable and has a concentrated high velocity air flow.

I was more interested in the heated air mover for quicker drying of interiors if needed and did not realize they made add on heaters for those types of fans.