PDA

View Full Version : Can I seal over glaze??

pricha00
10-09-2007, 06:51 PM
Well here in the southern Ontario winter will soon rear its ugly head. Since I just got some nice XMT stuff courtesy of Autogeek I applied the Carnauba glaze after I polished an area of my vehicle. Since I would assume that glaze wouldn't offer the length of protection of a good sealant and this will probably be the last month that I can apply wax outdoors, would a coat of PB EX-P sealant be a good idea. I could put some Collnite #845 on top of that too for even more barriers to the salt and slop. I already have all these products so all it would cost me is some time.

Pat.

ScottB
10-09-2007, 06:58 PM
typically sealants cannot cure and bond to the oils and fillers in glazes. There are some exceptions, like Wolfgang, but normal is a wax used directly over a sealant.

bladerunner
10-09-2007, 07:45 PM
I found the Menzerna glaze Menzerna Finishing Glaze PO 115C Free Bonus! (http://www.autogeek.net/menzerna-finishing-glaze.html) even states it's ok to put the Wolfgang sealer over it. Seems to be working fine. Then I Soveran over the sealer.

pricha00
10-09-2007, 08:01 PM
typically sealants cannot cure and bond to the oils and fillers in glazes. There are some exceptions, like Wolfgang, but normal is a wax used directly over a sealant.

So if I want to apply the PB sealant I would have to remove the glaze? Could I just use the Collnite over the glaze and skip the sealant altogether for this round?

Pat.

budman3
10-09-2007, 08:19 PM
EX or EX-P????

The EX-P probably won't bond but EX will. The EX has carnauba in it and would probably be OK to apply over a glaze. Or the Collinite deal will work as well.

blk45
10-09-2007, 08:26 PM
So if I want to apply the PB sealant I would have to remove the glaze? Could I just use the Collnite over the glaze and skip the sealant altogether for this round?

Pat.

Should be fine.

darksparkz
10-10-2007, 01:07 AM
Well can't you go from XMT Glaze to a Carnauba?

LazerRed1
10-10-2007, 08:46 AM
Check with the supplier, but I put Menzerna FMJ over Menzerna Glaze just fine. Since everyone seems to think the FMJ is repackaged Blackfire, it should work over that also.

J&L Detailing
10-10-2007, 10:37 AM
So after you apply xmt glaze can you wax with sig II?

scstryder
10-10-2007, 11:29 AM

I believe that you can apply any carnauba wax over xmt glaze since it contains carnauba.

If you want to have a glaze under a sealant, try CG EZ Creme Glaze, Danase Wet Glaze, or Prima Amigo. (I hope I didn't break any rules by talking about non AG products).

For a glaze on top of a sealant, Surf City Nano Glaze is awesome. You can also do that with CG EZ Creme and Danase Wet Glaze (Which I believe is the same product).

Jimmie
10-10-2007, 01:16 PM
Yes, do it all the time. That combo is one of my favorites on light colors.