PDA

View Full Version : rupes pads are breaking down

Pages : 1 [2] 3

asalesagent912
03-31-2016, 07:22 PM
I had the same issue with my 4 inch green pad.
Brand new, i was only doing my bumper with it. the pad just fell apart.
i never had a problem with a pad like that.

The Guz
03-31-2016, 07:41 PM
I saw the same thing as I was using the blue pad on the LHR15 Mark II on a test panel over the weekend. The yellows were fine.

Sorry to hear about the issue with the pads - I've mentioned in other threads that we've noticed the phenomena with the use of some chemicals (polish or post use cleaners) that contain solvents. Mind asking what compounds you were working with when you had the pads begin to fail on you?

Dylan I was using Zephir on the blue pads. Primed the pad with 3 drops as shown in Mike Phillips article regarding the blue pad. I only used that combination for a few passes as I am learning how to use the pads and polishes on a test panel. I noticed the tiniest material at but nothing to the point where the pads came off the backing material. This only occurred for a pass or two until I moved on to the next pad and polish combo. I am not sure if this was due to the pad being new.

lj993
04-01-2016, 01:08 AM
I use the Rupes chemicals. Blue with blue, green with green, yellow with yellow and white with white. I clean the lads by hand using warm water and dish soap. Phil

dlc95
04-01-2016, 02:19 AM
What speeds, and pressure are you guys typically using?

Red Hawk
05-01-2016, 08:46 AM
I just had a new 4" green Rupes pad fail on the 1st use, 3rd section. Rather disappointing. Never used the blue, but the yellow & white are fine. Certainly hope it's from a bad batch, as my mini Rupes is an invaluable tool. Speed 5 with light to moderate pressure & Menzerna 400 heavy cut

Zubair
05-01-2016, 09:33 AM
I just had a new 4" green Rupes pad fail on the 1st use, 3rd section. Rather disappointing. Never used the blue, but the yellow & white are fine. Certainly hope it's from a bad batch, as my mini Rupes is an invaluable tool. Speed 5 with light to moderate pressure & Menzerna 400 heavy cut

Theres a known issue with FG400 and Rupes pads as Dylan mentioned in another thread.

Red Hawk
05-01-2016, 11:26 AM
Thanks for the heads up Zubair, I'll try to find it. Meanwhile, Lake Country 3" yellow cutting pad to the rescue.

Joe@NextLevelDetail
05-01-2016, 11:51 AM
I have found the yellow pad to be very durabale.

The yellow rupes pad is one of my favorite pads out.

Its kind of a hybrid cutting/polishing pad i love it.

Zubair
05-01-2016, 12:10 PM
Rupes Yellow pad and its accompanying Keramik polish is a gem and a must have in any detailers arsenal.

mbkite
05-01-2016, 03:07 PM
Rupes v2 pads or mark 2 pads are needed all my green ones have made history

Matt@flyingchipmunk
05-01-2016, 03:48 PM
I've had green ones slowly shred using M151, speed 3. I get about 2 vehicles out of a set of green pads.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

WRAPT C5Z06
05-01-2016, 06:53 PM
While the Rupes yellow pad is easily one of the best out there, the blue and green suck. The white pad is durable, but doesn't finish well consistently. The UHS pad is good at first, but gets too soft as you use it. The MF suck too. I think the Rupes polishes lag behind the best in the industry.

Do they RUPES polishers suck? NO way. They're the best!

mbkite
05-01-2016, 07:28 PM
Are the Rupes polishers the best I have version 1 of the 15 and 21 and o look now they have mk 2
Yea I am pissed....

The Guz
05-01-2016, 07:34 PM
While the Rupes yellow pad is easily one of the best out there, the blue and green suck. The white pad is durable, but doesn't finish well consistently. The UHS pad is good at first, but gets too soft as you use it. The MF suck too. I think the Rupes polishes lag behind the best in the industry.

Do they RUPES polishers suck? NO way. They're the best!

These are some bold statements. What do you consider the "best" polishes in the industry?

WRAPT C5Z06
05-01-2016, 08:22 PM
These are some bold statements.
Why are they bold statements? Just because I didn't say a Rupes product isn't the best thing since sliced bread? The polishes do not finish well, IME.

You sure didn't point out that I said the Rupes yellow pad and polishers are fantastic.