PDA

View Full Version : tire maintenance

white97
03-29-2016, 09:53 PM
I got a set of wheels just for the nicer months of the year and am now having to do something with my other tires for storage( they will only be used in the winter months), I am cleaning all the tires but I don't know is it better to store them with tire shine on them or without. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

GSKR
03-29-2016, 10:01 PM
Without.

blkSRT
03-29-2016, 10:05 PM
Clean and dry without any product and out of the sun

Eldorado2k
03-29-2016, 10:15 PM
Not that I strongly disagree, but what if 1 were to go with a product such as Meguiars M40 Rubber and Vinyl Cleaner & Conditioner. How would it be a negative?

Don M
03-30-2016, 04:01 AM
Not that I strongly disagree, but what if 1 were to go with a product such as Meguiars M40 Rubber and Vinyl Cleaner & Conditioner. How would it be a negative?

Unless I'm way off, I'm pretty sure that Meg's 40 falls into a different category than most of the other tire shine/protectant type products out there. Otherwise, I'd store the tires freshly cleaned and dry, no tire shine.

LSNAutoDetailing
03-30-2016, 07:48 AM
I change out tires on two DD's... Even my my snow tires get cleaned (during the winter months) and have Pinnacle Black Onyx Tire Gel applied.
When the tires/wheels come off the car, they go into the big tire-wrap plastic bags and get stored in the shed... Summer wheels and tires go back on the car.
I don't bother to remove anything, and it's been two years of New England Winters & Summers and no issues. However they come off the car is how they go in the bag and get stored...