PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Rain Repel...

purplenurple
10-09-2007, 03:38 PM
I got Rain Repel for my windows to see if it was better than AW, and it is a bit better, but like AW, I am having problems on the windsheild. When it rains, the windsheild has worse waterspots and is alot dirtier than if I didnt have anything on the glass. It also gets smeared easily by the wipers.

What am I doing wrong? I had it on the GTO for 2 days before I even drove it, so I doubt that its the curing time. Is it just a mediocre product?

ScottB
10-09-2007, 05:20 PM
I find clean windows bead just as well on their own. Most of these Rainx type products seem to be an alcohol mix and seem to make wipers chatter.

Reddwarf
10-09-2007, 06:07 PM
I've not used either product you mention on the windshield. However, I have used Clearkote Quick Shine on the windshield. I agree with Killr, keeping the windshield clean is the best bet. The Quick Shine works good on the passenger windows as the water rolls off nicely. But on the windshield at some point one must turn on the wipers and the QS then gets shoved into a thin line by the wipers.

Again, as Killr mentions, I find the best is to keep the windshield clean with something like Stoners IG, Diamondite, or DP Krystal Vision.

Truls
10-09-2007, 06:42 PM
Never had any issues with the rain repel, but there is no point using to much of it, a little goes a long way (on spray on front and on back, and a "half" spray on each of the side windows, wipe dry with a mf)

Torsion Tool
10-09-2007, 11:25 PM
I compare these products to paint sealants in some ways. Proper application means a very thin and even coat and durability varies according to indeterminate factors. Also, like sealants they are not necessary if the glass is well maintained. I gave away my glass stuff as too much bother for minimal if any return. Try claying every so often instead.