PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna SF3500 vs. SF4000 - what is right?

Pages : [1] 2 3

lane5515
03-29-2016, 12:48 PM
I need to order some Menz SF4000 which is now called SF3500. Is SF3500 a new and improved formula?

The Autogeek Store claims this - Note: Menzerna Super Finish SF-3500 is the new and improved version of Super Finish SF-4000. In addition to improving the formula, Menzerna has changed the name and label.

I checked a couple other sites and found the description stating this: This product has evolved through the years with several name changes which we'll outline below. Menzerna further refined the outstanding PO106FF formula to create the PO106FA Nano Polish, which is also known as Super Finish. It became even easier to use with better results. The Menzerna PO106FA then became known only as the Menzerna Super Finish with no changes to the formula. Most recently it's been changed from the Menzerna Super Finish Polish SF 4000 to the Super Finish 3500, with no changes to the formula just a new label.

I tried searching but received errors with the new Forum interface so I apologize if this has been covered.

dlc95
03-29-2016, 08:52 PM
I believe they're almost identical. I think they formulated it to dust less. Don't quote me on that. I also read the nothing chaged....

FUNX650
03-29-2016, 10:06 PM
Below is one recourse that
should be of assistance.

Menzerna USA (Contact):
Toll-Free: 877-453-7227
Fax: 845-425-1366
office@menzernausa.com

Bob

brad911
03-30-2016, 05:42 AM
I haven't noticed a difference between the two (bought 3500 in February) after applying with my DA on a new vehicle earlier this month. This vehicle was black. Hard to say whether there was less dust as I use a distilled spritz right at the end of each pass

jsilver6
03-31-2016, 06:57 PM
Menzerna redesigned all of the liquid polish labels and put them into four categories, which they call steps. The compounds would begin with the number "1" for Step 1, and this includes the Heavy Cut Compound 1000, formerly Power Gloss 1000. The medium polishes would begin with the number "2" and these include the MCP2500 (formerly Power Finish 2500) and MCP2400 (formerly Super Intensive Polish 1500).

Here's where the fun begins. For the Step 3 Finishing polishes they had to change 4000 to 3500, 4500 to 3800, and Final Finish 3000 remained the same since it already was numbered with a "3".

The Super Heavy Cut Compound 300 and Heavy Cut Compound 400 (formerly Fast Gloss 400) perform multiple functions of Step 1, 2, and some of 3. As a result they were given the special silver metallic label.

To answer the original question, only the number changed for the Super Finish 3500 and 3800 to agree with the new 4-step numbering system.

As for Step 4, this is the Protection group of waxes. Jescar Finishing Products, the import distributor of Menzerna since 1978 and marketing under the MenzernaUSA name, is supplying the new Power Lock Plus polymer sealant with additional protection and longevity compared to the original formula. Jescar is still offering our Color Lock carnauba wax and Paint Refresh Professional detail spray and it is marketed under the Jescar Finishing Products banner.

I realize that the new name and number changes with the new labels has caused some confusion and hope that this explanation helps to clear the air. If there are any other questions or concerns I would be happy to assist.

All the best,

Jeff Silver
Jescar Finishing Products
MenzernaUSA

AGOatemywallet
03-31-2016, 07:41 PM
Thanks Jeff

Great information

Billy Baldone
03-31-2016, 08:19 PM
Caused enough confusion for me to leave all Menzerna behind. Loved thd product, but just got frustrated with the changes. Maybe after the next time they change things up, they will simplify them enough to get me back. As of right now, my customers' Shine is Supply'd by another manufacturer😊

dlc95
03-31-2016, 10:33 PM
Caused enough confusion for me to leave all Menzerna behind. Loved thd product, but just got frustrated with the changes. Maybe after the next time they change things up, they will simplify them enough to get me back. As of right now, my customers' Shine is Supply'd by another manufacturer😊

I hear that.

I haven't left them behind, but I did keep my 16oz bottles that had the cool labels, and familiar names.

mc2hill
04-01-2016, 10:42 AM
Thanks to Jeff for having this same confusing/enlightening conversation with me at DF!

The Menzerna products work great on the SS paint on the 1912 race car!

Joe@NextLevelDetail
04-01-2016, 02:45 PM
Menzerna redesigned all of the liquid polish labels and put them into four categories, which they call steps. The compounds would begin with the number "1" for Step 1, and this includes the Heavy Cut Compound 1000, formerly Power Gloss 1000. The medium polishes would begin with the number "2" and these include the MCP2500 (formerly Power Finish 2500) and MCP2400 (formerly Super Intensive Polish 1500).

Here's where the fun begins. For the Step 3 Finishing polishes they had to change 4000 to 3500, 4500 to 3800, and Final Finish 3000 remained the same since it already was numbered with a "3".

The Super Heavy Cut Compound 300 and Heavy Cut Compound 400 (formerly Fast Gloss 400) perform multiple functions of Step 1, 2, and some of 3. As a result they were given the special silver metallic label.

To answer the original question, only the number changed for the Super Finish 3500 and 3800 to agree with the new 4-step numbering system.

As for Step 4, this is the Protection group of waxes. Jescar Finishing Products, the import distributor of Menzerna since 1978 and marketing under the MenzernaUSA name, is supplying the new Power Lock Plus polymer sealant with additional protection and longevity compared to the original formula. Jescar is still offering our Color Lock carnauba wax and Paint Refresh Professional detail spray and it is marketed under the Jescar Finishing Products banner.

I realize that the new name and number changes with the new labels has caused some confusion and hope that this explanation helps to clear the air. If there are any other questions or concerns I would be happy to assist.

All the best,

Jeff Silver
Jescar Finishing Products
MenzernaUSA

Awesome info.

400 is a pretty special product.

Last night I used 400 on my cousins black 2013 300c and I used a polishing pad with 400 and it cut out all the defects and finished like a polish, I did a tape line to polish the other side to see if there was a difference, and there was a very tiny slight difference. We decided it wasn't worth the time to do the 2nd step and just did the 400 on the entire car.

Awesome stuff

Zubair
04-01-2016, 03:33 PM
This is what I've been saying for a while and have a bunch of other detailers to back me up. Modern hard clear coats finish so well that a finishing polish step yields little to no difference. Worst case is after cutting with a compound and aggressive pad,use the same compound with a softer pad and the paints perfect. More often than not the second step isn't even needed or noticeable to the human eye even on blacks.

custmsprty
04-01-2016, 03:46 PM
This is what I've been saying for a while and have a bunch of other detailers to back me up. Modern hard clear coats finish so well that a finishing polish step yields little to no difference. Worst case is after cutting with a compound and aggressive pad,use the same compound with a softer pad and the paints perfect. More often than not the second step isn't even needed or noticeable to the human eye even on blacks.

I totally agree. The results I got with HD Adapt on an orange pad with my Boss 21 were amazing. Doing a second step with a finishing polish would have been a waste of time.

Paul A.
04-01-2016, 04:03 PM
To the original question it sounds to me as though they simply changed the number of 4000 to 3500 to correspond to their new stepped numbering system. Seems to me that what was 4000 is now called 3500 and 4500 is now called 3800...both polishes in their Step 3 or finish polish step.

I also love FG400 and am glad they didn't mess with that at all. I agree with Zubair and others with how phenomenal that stuff is and how Jeff describes it as performing functions in Steps 1, 2 and some of 3!

Zubair
04-01-2016, 04:07 PM
Don't have access to HD products but will include Speed in my next order, would love to try Adapt and Cut+ too. What I read about HD thus far I like,(am a Meguiars/Menzerna/Rupes/Scholl Concepts/Carpro user)they don't stagnate but continue to improve on their formulas(HD Cut+ and improved Speed)and their pricing is a huge win! But I digress... Modern compounds and hard clears finish lsp ready which is a relief and a welcome from a time and cost savings perspective.

Recall the days of rocks in a bottle compounds followed by a medium polish and last a finishing polish? Nowadays you can get away with just a compound like Adapt mentioned above or FG400 and just change pads for the level of cut/defect removal level/finish required.

Joe@NextLevelDetail
04-01-2016, 07:44 PM

I agree that compounds can finish nice with certain pads.

But using a agressive pad like microfiber cutting, or a agressive foam pad, unless the paint is rock hard it is going to leave some kind of marring.

(DAT abrasives with foam finishes amazing, SMAT on foam finishes ok but not LSP ready)

I used a polishing pad to get great results with 400.

If I used microfiber, it would certainly micro marr.

Foam pads pretty finish pretty nice, it really all depends on the paint your working on.

Seems for sure your certainly working on harder clears.