PDA

View Full Version : Heavy contamination

chuckk
03-27-2016, 09:47 PM
Hi guys,

What is this ? It looks like someone sprayed another coat of clear and it made small bubbles afterwards. It's not over spray since the bubbles are transparent... It's only on the bottom of the fenders and on the rear bumper behind the wheels.

I can spend all night claying the affected panels and my clay bar will always pick something up. I know i can always wet sand/compound it but it's the first time i see this kind of contamination.

2011 Kona Blue
03-27-2016, 10:21 PM
Dang!

DetailProDestin
03-27-2016, 11:51 PM
Looks like sprinkler water.

chuckk
03-28-2016, 12:52 AM
Hard water spots ? I don't think so, normally hard water spots etch into the clear... Those are really transparent bubbles... I really think someone tried to put another coat of clear on the lower panels...

chuckk
03-28-2016, 01:03 AM
Looks like solvent pop, which is weird because the car was not repainted. It's on both sides of the vehicule.

Mantilgh
03-28-2016, 07:04 AM
Maybe it's that spray on clear bra stuff, kinda like clear plastidip. Maybe they tried I use it for rock chip protection on the lower parts of the vehicle.

Desertnate
03-28-2016, 07:44 AM
Could the stuff be tar or some sort of road/driveway sealant?

I can't tell from the pictures of the vehicle, but the clay bar pictures looks like what I've encountered when I've hit some tar splatter...though on a much smaller scale.

Have you tried hitting those areas with a couple of applications of a tar remover like Tarminator? If the stuff comes off on your clay, it might be worth going with a solvent/cleaner vs resorting to mechanical solution like sanding or compounding.

Avgguy
03-29-2016, 06:39 AM
I'm with Desertnate. I'm GUESSING tar. Tarminator is your friend, if so.

Could the stuff be tar or some sort of road/driveway sealant?

I can't tell from the pictures of the vehicle, but the clay bar pictures looks like what I've encountered when I've hit some tar splatter...though on a much smaller scale.

Have you tried hitting those areas with a couple of applications of a tar remover like Tarminator? If the stuff comes off on your clay, it might be worth going with a solvent/cleaner vs resorting to mechanical solution like sanding or compounding.