autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Training Cars for Autogeek’s Competition Ready with Mike Phillips 3-Day Detailing Class - January 2016

Training Cars for Autogeek’s Competition Ready with Mike Phillips 3-Day Detailing Class

Mike always has great cars for his classes and the January class is no exception! As practice, Mike brings in a combination of cool cars and new cars so his students get real-world training on the widest spectrum of vehicles possible.

For those attending Autogeek's Competition Ready with Mike Phillips (ACR) here's one of the cars you'll be training on....

1940 Ford Coupe Streetrod

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Training Cars for the January 2016 ACR with Mike Phillips

1940 Ford Coupe Streetrod - Black

Stay tuned for the dramatic before and after pictures for this black 1940 Ford Coupe Streetrod.

Post Thanks / Like

1965 Pontiac GTO

This ol Goat has a Pontiac 462 Big Block Engine with Tri-Power.

Paint looks good from about 20 feet away but she's in dire need of an extreme show car makeover!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow it just keeps getting better. .

Mike Phillips

Re: Training Cars for Autogeek’s Competition Ready with Mike Phillips 3-Day Detailing Class - January 2016

Here's another car for the January class

1963 Impala Convertible

I'm not sure what the back story is on this car but the paint is HORRIBLE!

I've only seen this car at night at a car show but under the parking lot lights it was easy to see both holograms from the last buff out and I think I saw plenty of sanding marks leftover from the cut and buff work after it was paints.

We'll also be using this car for,

Proper convertible top cleaning and protecting
    Steam cleaners to clean interiors
    Glass polishing

Mike Phillips

Re: Training Cars for Autogeek’s Competition Ready with Mike Phillips 3-Day Detailing Class - January 2016

Real world detailing

We cover all aspects of the car detailing business. To learn how to use all the below polishers I bring in really cool cars like you see above.

Then you get hands-on training using all the different polishers like these,
    1. RUPES - BigFoot 21, 15 & Mark II 21, 15, Duetto, Mini TA50
    2. Flex - XC 3401, XCE 3401, XCF 7, PE14 and PE8
    3. Makita - 9237 CX2
    4. Griot's 6" DA plus BOSS 21 & 15 also 3" for machine sanding
    5. DeWALT - DeWALT 849X
    6. Cyclo - Model 5 Mark II
    7. Porter Cable - 7425XP
    8. Meguiar's - MT300
    9. 3M Rotary Buffer

Not only do you get hands-on experience for doing high-end show car detailing on real show cars but you get real-world experience.

I also cover the real world as it relates to the biggest chunk of the car detailing business and thats how to detail daily drivers.

Daily drivers, commuter cars, grocery getters, what ever you want to call them, they make up the bulk of our industry on the business side and keep you busy day to day.

So I bring in daily drivers and not just any daily drivers but severely neglected daily drivers so you get to learn on the same type of cars you're going to be working on after you attend my class and go back to your world in your home town.

Here's one of the daily driver's you're going to be training on in the January class...

2002 Chevy Avalanche
    This is an all original Chevy Avalanche and as you can see it needs a total restoration of the paint, headlights, wheels, tires and especially the plastic cladding!

The plastic cladding on this Avalanche looks to be beyond restoration you're going to restore it and it's going to look like new when you're done.

Production detailing using a one-step cleaner/wax
    The paint on this Avalanche doesn't look like it's been waxed since it was driven off the dealership's car lot. So we'll go over things like,

1. Wheels and tires
    2. Iron X on the paint
    3. Foam guns
    4. Cobra Clay Mitts

Followed by using a one-step cleaner/wax to restore the paint.

Headlight Restoration and ProtectionThe headlights are toast too on this Avalanche so we'll be using this training vehicle to go over headlight restoration.

Mike Phillips

Also have for this class,

1955 Chevy Bel Air
    1956 Buick Special
    2008 Corvette
    1998 Cadillac

Working on getting the pictures for the above cars.

I'll have the new Mark II BigFoot 21 and 15 polishers here for this class and with any luck I'll also have the new Flex XCF 7 orbital polishers here for this class plus a slew of new products introduced at SEMA.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice stuff !!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Mike,

I MAY be able to make the Jan upcoming class. Looks like a lot of cool stuff! However, if I can't make this class do you have dates for future classes so i can make plans?

Thanks.

Dean

Post Thanks / Like

I'm all signed up , cant wait

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast