autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Re: Training Cars for Autogeek’s Competition Ready with Mike Phillips 3-Day Detailing Class - January 2016

Here's one of the modern cars we'll be using for the 3-day training class. Real world cars for learning real-world detailing.

1997 Lincoln Town Car - Executive Series

We'll be using this car for,
    • Interior Steam Cleaning - This car has a full black leather interior.
    • Cloth top cleaning and protecting
    • Paint decontamination
    • Paint correction, polishing and sealing

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Training Cars for Autogeek’s Competition Ready with Mike Phillips 3-Day Detailing Class - January 2016

Cant wait, it just keeps getting better and better. ��������

Mike Phillips

Holograms EVERYWHERE!

I don't know who buffed this beautiful 1964 GTO convertible out last but they really need to set the rotary buffer down and not pick it back up again until they've been to a class like mine where we teach you how to use a rotary buffer without destroying the paint.

This very rare 1964 GTO Convertible will be here for my January ACR 3-Day Detailing Class. This will be one of the "show cars" we use for training on paint polishing on Friday.

Looks pretty good from this angle....

Now lets add a little sunlight...

Paul, my co-worker here at Autogeek took these photos at our last Cars & Coffee show. These pictures show the passenger side of the car but all of the car looks the same.

That's a shame to have someone destroy paint like you see above through the misuse of a rotary buffer.

This class in January is also very rare as everyone attending will have the chance to train on ,
    Two GTO muscle cars - A 1964 and a 1965

Two 1940 Ford Streetrods - Both are magazine quality builds.
    Where else can you learn the art of polishing paint on these caliber of cars?

Plus we have more, just click through the first page of this thread to see all the cars including a 1963 Impala Convertible.

To get signed up call Nick at,

1-800-869-3011 x215

If he doesn't answer then leave a message and he'll call you back. You can also click the link below to sign-up online.

The January class is right around the corner taking place,

Friday, January 22nd
    Saturday, January 23rd
    Sunday, January 24th

Alumni students also have best chances of being part of the Competition Ready Detailing Teams for our TV show.

Hope to see you at my January class!

Post Thanks / Like

Mike your gunna have to have star bucks in the show car garage to keep your next crew fired up. Lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    We teach our ACR 3-day detailing class three times a year always the same general time,

Last weekend of January - This year Mobil Tech is running late so we're running early.

First weekend of May - This year that's May 6th, 7th and 8th

Last weekend of September - This year that's September 23rd, 24th and 25th

We hold the classes the same time so people can arrange their travel plans accordingly.

At my last class we had people from all across America PLUS

1. Brazil
    2. Saint Lucia Island
    3. Puerto Rico

People need consistency in order to make long term plans and I've had e-mails and PM's from people over the years that tell me they are saving up for the class and the trip so we understand this and that's why we offer our classes at a consistent time each year.

So if you're a member or a lurker reading this there's no reason to "wonder" when the classes are each year as we hold them the same general time,

1. Last weekend of January
    2. First weekend of May
    3. Last weekend of September

Hope to see you here in January. Going to post some more pictures of the cars for this class today.

Mike, good to know!

Post Thanks / Like

Mike what do you plan on using for the Avalanche in this class? I would love to see you try Black Wow or Black Wow Pro and or one of the PBMG trim restorers.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Jaretr1 View Post

Mike what do you plan on using for the Avalanche in this class? I would love to see you try Black Wow or Black Wow Pro and or one of the PBMG trim restorers.

I love Richard Lin like a brother and I like his Blow Wow products. I was working with Richard when he created this formula.

That said, I specifically bring these Chevy Avalanche trucks to my classes to teach how to use Solution Finish products.

Thanks for reminding me, I need to call Chris West.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Mike:
    Signed up for Jan ACR Detail class ( attended JAN 2015 class) also Feb Boat Detail class &2016 Detail Fest. I'm a old man but I fill like a little kid waiting for Christmas morning to get here , Jan can't get here fast enough.
    Charlie Weaver

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by softweav View Post

Mike:

Signed up for Jan ACR Detail class ( attended JAN 2015 class) also Feb Boat Detail class &2016 Detail Fest.

I'm a old man but I fill like a little kid waiting for Christmas morning to get here , Jan can't get here fast enough.

Charlie Weaver
    Hi Charlie!

Good to hear you'll be joining us for both the boat class and the ACR class!

And of course I remember you!

Charlie

We worked on some really nice cars last year in January,

Pictures & Comments: January 2015 Detailing Boot Camp Class!

And you can see by the pictures I've shared in this thread that we're going to work on some really cool cars in January!

Looking forward to seeing you again and having you in the class. And you know how we roll around here. Get a good night sleep, where clothes you can work in and be ready to go!

Mike Phillips

***Update***

Chris West owner of Solution Finish, will be my special guest for the upcoming Competition Ready 3-Day Detailing Class.

The class takes place, Friday, January 22nd, Saturday, January 23rd and Sunday January 24th.

Click here to sign-up

Or call

1-800-869-3011 x215

Chris West will join me in sharing the correct procedures for restoring faded plastic trim to a 2002 Chevy Avalanche.

This is just one of 8 cars you'll get to train on at this incredibly hands-on detailing training class.

Here's some pictures showing Solution Finish in action at a previous 3-day Competition Ready detailing class.

How to do high quality production detailing - Your largest market!

Using a black wheel and tire microfiber towel to wipe off any excess.

Removing the painter's tape....

Boom! There it is...

BEFORE

AFTER

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast