Detailing Class - Frequently Asked Questions

What time do the Saturday and Sunday classes start?
  • Classes start at 8:00am
  • Donuts and coffee are served from 8:00am to 8:30am and then the classroom portion start at 8:30am sharp.
  • From 8:00am to 8:30 you have time to,
  • Arrive
  • Park your car
  • Stretch your legs
  • Use the powder room
  • Meet and greet fellow forum members
  • Check out the rides
  • Check out our training facilities
  • And enjoy some hot coffee and fresh donuts
The door to the classroom shuts at 8:30 sharp so please respect everyone’s time and arrive at 8:00am and have some fun, maybe do some networking before the class starts.

What time does the class end?
The garage portion of the class officially ends at 3:00pm. From 3:00pm to 5:00pm you can redeem your $30.00 registration reservation with the help of Autogeek staff if you like or hang around and try out products, work on your car or ask questions.

What’s covered in the class?

Detailing 101
The basics of working by hand, that is how to correctly clay, work a hand applied compound or paint cleaner to remove swirls and scratches, how to apply a hand polish, how to apply a wax or paint sealant.

How to use a Dual Action Polishers – Griot’s, Meguiar’s, Porter Cable, Flex 3401

Detailing 102
How to wet-sand by hand, how to wet-sand with an Air-Powered DA Sander. How to use a rotary buffer to remove your sanding marks, how to use a rotary buffer to bring the finish to a high gloss, (jeweling), how to use a DA Polisher to insure there are no swirls.

Can I work on my own car?
For both classes we will have a rental car to practice on in most cases. We’ll do our best to have a black, swirled-out rental car. At the end of the class on both Saturday and Sunday, (after 3:00pm), if there’s time and room then the Instructor is usually very willing to let people work on their car, we just have to play it by ear. Our Thursday night "Open Garage" classes are dedicated for working on your own car, not the Saturday classes primarily due to time constraints.

Can I buy products at the class?
You can place your order and redeem your store credit. On Saturday, if time allows for staff to pull orders then you can get your product that day, if not your order will be shipped first thing Monday morning.

Will I get a refund if I cancel at least 24 hours before the class date?
If you notify us within 24 hours of the class you will get a refund.

Will I get a refund if I don’t show up?
If you notify us within 24 hours of the class you will get a refund.

Can I come late?
No. If you can’t make the class on time it’s really better to pick a date when your schedule is clear and attend on that date.

Can I leave early?
Yes, but it’s better if you clear your schedule and attend on a date where you can attend the entire class.

Can I skip the Saturday class since I’m already a world famous Detailer?
No.

Will I get a certificate?
Yes.

Do I need to bring a lunch?
If you have any special nutrition requirements or specific preferences then you are encouraged to bring your own lunch. We will provide cold soda pop, water and pizza.

Do I need to bring my own chemicals?
No. We will provide all tools and chemicals

Can I take pictures?
Yes.

Can I take videos?
No. Violators will be put to death live on the Internet and all their earthy belongings sold on eBay.

Can I bring a friend?
If they,
  1. Register with the forum
  2. Reply to the sign-up thread
  3. Reserve their space with the $30.00 registration fee.

Can I bring my Dad, Mother, Brother, Cousin or Uncle?
If they,
  1. Register with the forum
  2. Reply to the sign-up thread
  3. Reserve their space with the $30.00 registration fee.
I don’t have a computer?
Call our Customer Care Department at 800-869-3011

If you any questions not answered above, feel free to post them here in this thread.