autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Re: Detailing Class - Frequently Asked Questions

Again these pictures are examples from past classes as we change things up but I think you'll get the idea....

That's not all....

We also have the complete line of compounds, polishes and pads for these new polishers....

As well as the Rupes Bigfoot 15 and 21 polishers...

Mike Phillips

It would probably take me a week to assemble a thread showing all the cool cars that have been used for past classes but here's an example from just the last class in May...

See all of these cars being worked on by my May class here...

Pictures: Detailing Classes at Autogeek - May 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I just emailed this link to my wife to see if she wanted to head to Florida in September. We have stayed in Nokomis beach over on the other side for Thanksgiving, if I can work it out, I think it would be great to spend a couple days doing the class and then a little down time.

HUMP

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by HUMP DIESEL View Post
    I just emailed this link to my wife to see if she wanted to head to Florida in September. We have stayed in Nokomis beach over on the other side for Thanksgiving, if I can work it out, I think it would be great to spend a couple days doing the class and then a little down time.

HUMP

I'd love to meet you and having you attend the class would be great.

Here's the cars I have so far... nothing's in concrete but pretty close to solid.

1965 Plymouth Belevedare II - Black Basecoat/Clearcoat and probably the worst swirls and scratches I've EVER seen in a paint finish. We're talking washed with a wire brush.

1941 Buick Convertible Streetrod - Light swirls and needs to be clayed. Also has a leather interior and a cloth top and we'll be treating everything.

1939 LaSalle Wetsanding Project - Owner wants/needs it sanded sooner, I'm trying to save it for the class.

Still working on a few more cars. I get dedicated cars for each type of tool...

1. Rupes Polishers
    2. Flex 3401 Polishers
    3. Porter Cable, Meguiar's and Griot's polishers
    4. Cyclo polisher
    5. Machine Sanding and Flex PE14 Rotary Buffers

I also get a ho-hum daily driver to teach production detailing on.

Post Thanks / Like

I've signed up for the first three day class in May. I'm looking forward to it. Mike Phillips said something to me that I want to see if it's true, if he's right I've got a plate of crow to eat.

Dave R.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by DRamsey View Post

I've signed up for the first three day class in May. I'm looking forward to it.

Mike Phillips said something to me that I want to see if it's true, if he's right I've got a plate of crow to eat.

Dave R.

And if I'm not right.... time to find a new career!

Post Thanks / Like

I getting excited about taking the class. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

I've signed up for the first three day class in May. I'm looking forward to it. Mike Phillips said something to me that I want to see if it's true, if he's right I've got a plate of crow to eat.

Dave R.

Hmm . . . curious.

Aaryn NZ.

Post Thanks / Like

Aaryn,
    I called Mike to ask him about his class and what I could expect to get out of it. Mike said, "You'll learn more in three days than in a lifetime of working on your own." I thought that was a bold statement, because I consider myself to be very clever. Your excitement and willingness to travel from New Zealand convinced me to take the plunge. At this moment, I'm expecting to find out Mike's right and I'll be eating crow. I can't wait.

Post Thanks / Like

Aaryn,
    I called Mike to ask him about his class and what I could expect to get out of it. Mike said, "You'll learn more in three days than in a lifetime of working on your own." I thought that was a bold statement, because I consider myself to be very clever. Your excitement and willingness to travel from New Zealand convinced me to take the plunge. At this moment, I'm expecting to find out Mike's right and I'll be eating crow. I can't wait.

Ahhh, I see.

I guess Mike & I are both under pressure on this one then.

Pretty neat that a small town Kiwi detailer influenced your decision to go to Boot Camp! As you may already know - I'm not new to this game at all & have been detailing professionally for twenty years & counting, like you - I consider myself pretty clever too.

Mike's statement a bold one indeed but I will stand beside Mike on this one.

I believe no matter how experienced anyone is, if they attend Mike's class with a willing to learn attitude - they will leave much richer in the knowledge department.

Not to forget - its an awesome environment too. Mike & Nick run Boot Camp really well, professional yes. Fun definitely. I'm a bit envious of you & all your class mates that this one is the first of the three day Boot Camps, I'd love to be able to be there as well.

Not long to wait now! I'm excited for you!

Aaryn NZ.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast