autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Mike Phillips

My Caveman Flow Chart for the No Chairs Detailing Class

My Caveman Flow Chart for the No Chairs Detailing Class

The list of cars for this class has been finalized. Here's the 14 cars the 2021 May class will detail in 3 days.

This is a simple flow chart using pictures to show which cars will be worked on with the various tools and the order we will work through them. When you detail this many cars in three days - you MUST have a simple picture chart like this to simply show which cars to bring in next. These classes are FAST-PACED. There's no time for "thinking" about which cars to bring in next, it has to be BAM BAM BAM - like clockwork.

Here's the 6 cars you will be detailing on Friday. Note the first two cars have MATTE surfaces. These are chosen as the first cars by design.

The 1934 Ford 3-Window Coupe has sanding marks throughout the finish - you'll be learning the way of the rotary polisher on it and the truck.

NOTE: BOTH of these rigs have fresh CUSTOM paint jobs.

There simply are NO OTHER CLASSES where you get to wetsand someone else's custom paint job. Be sure to get a good night's sleep on Saturday night. You need to be ALERT on Sunday morning. Wetsanding and then using a rotary buffer require the most skill to do without making mistakes. If I do my job correctly on Friday and Saturday - you'll be ready for the challenge.

Apologies to everyone ahead of time but there will not be any chairs or table to sit at for either Friday or Saturday. By the time we get to LUNCH on Sunday, Andre and I will set up tables and chairs.

We cover too many tools, products and techniques to waste time sitting in chairs looking at the wall. (the wall means a power point presentation). If you like classes where you get to leisurely sit around and talk about hypothetical detailing then you need to find a different class. These are ALL HANDS ON classes.

The link to this thread has been sent to you - the people taking this class. Please be sure to get a good night's sleep on Thursday. I never worry about anyone getting a good night's sleep after Friday.

And remember - we START at 7:30 SHARP. I'll take a picture of my watch to prove my classes start early and start on time. If you're lucky - we'll be done by 5:30pm

Please open and read the e-mail I sent you that shows you how to find Autogeek and where to park once you get here. I arrive each morning at 6:00am to set out the donuts, bagels and coffee. You can start arriving anytime after 6:30am

See you here!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: My Caveman Flow Chart for the No Chairs Detailing Class

hahaha. Got to appreciate that....The Caveman Flow Chart

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    Doesn't look very "cavemanish" to me............
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Lol. So long ago

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post

And what I meant by this was that in a day and age where everything is always electronic and hi-tech, sometimes simply going old school gets the job done and does the job just fine.

Most people reading this would never understand because they are not in my shoes nor in Andre's shoes. Managing this many cars with 30 people in the same room, and the entire time doing our best to make sure EVERYONE is having a great experience plus making sure the cars themselves are not only detailed correctly but also no harm comes to them, it's a huge responsibility. I don't mind the responsibility for managing the people or the cars but over time, as my classes have evolved, I have found using this simple white board with pictures of the cars in the order we're going to detail them performs a very very simple task. It lets both Andre and myself know which cars to bring in next. We don't have HOURS to dink around, we have minutes.

I could do a LOT less work. That is, bring in one or two cars for the entire weekend. Heck I could use demo hoods like most classes on the market. But for me it's a passion that I have to do my best to teach everyone that attends ANY class I teach that the learn as much as I can cram into their brains in the short amount of time I have with them.

There will come a time when classes like these will stop taking place. That is classes where you get to use SO MANY DIFFERENT TOOLS and PRODUCTS and yours truly is the instructor. God bless those that follow in my footsteps.

Until that day, I like the style of classes I teach. I prefer the style of classes I teach to what I know is in the market place. And to be honest, I think anyone that makes the financial investment to take one of these 3-day classes while they are available - has chosen wisely.

And anyone reading this that has taken one of these 3-day classes, my 2-day roadshow classes or my boat classes and also taken any other class in the market - they know what I'm talking about and they know the difference. Just read through the pages and pages of testimonies on this forum. I've been here going on 11 years and there is not a single negative comment about the classes or my teaching style. Not one.

I create this story board or flow chart for Andrea and I. I share it because there's no one else that does this because there's no one else that has to do this because there are no other classes like this. And I also share the pictures I've taken of the story board on social media for marketing purposes. Everyone that thought about taking this specific class but didn't... now they see what they are missing out on. And again, there will come a time when this type of class is no longer available... nothing lasts forever...