autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Any plans in the near future for a Detroit visit?

It looks like the classes in Stuart are still happening, but are there any plans to start up the traveling boot camps? Maybe they didn't stop? I'm not seeing any available.

It looks like the trip down to FL would be worth it and I could couple it with a vacation, but if the folks here were putting on a class in MI or the Midwest, I'd be in for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Any plans in the near future for a Detroit visit?

They've been on hold due to Covid and the need to transport all of the required equipment. Mike has mentioned it on the live detailing classes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSnoop View Post
    They've been on hold due to Covid and the need to transport all of the required equipment. Mike has mentioned it on the live detailing classes.

i figured that was the reason....things are slowly starting to normalize....just hoping for some good news

Mike Phillips

Just to add...

Back when I was doing the roadshow classes - that was the time for people to get with the program and get signed up and take the class.

Covid-19 Killed the Classes - at least for now.

What most people don't know is just how much stuff we shipped to offsite locations so those attending these classes would have a GREAT experience. Until things are back to normal, it's a tick on the risky side to ship out this much stuff only to have people cancel due to their concerns about their health safety. And we get this. And it wouldn't be anyone fault for cancelling. But the cost to ship out everything and then ship it all back PLUS the time it's in transit and cannot be used here at Autogeek - well that's a tick to risky.

Now follow me...

NO ONE ELSE IN THE INDUSTRY DOES THIS

Does what you ask? THIS.

Packing pictures for an Autogeek Roadshow Car Detailing Class

I had a member of the IDA stop by the Auburn, Indiana Roadshow Class while class was taking place. I broke away for a minute to talk to him. He looked around and then said,

Wow!

I can't believe how much stuff you brought?

I hear the same thing from the host, their staff and the students as they arrive to the class.

I share lots of pictures and videos all the time of how many tools, pads, product and supplies you get to use at ANY of our classes. But as much as I share, from other comments I hear, there's still a LOT of people that simply have know idea.

And I'm sure some people think all classes are the same and that if they attended some other class - well, there's no need to attend any more classes. But our classes are different.

With our classes there are no chairs.

There's cars and tools.

You are on your feet learning from the start of the class to the end of the day. And there's no other classes that are documented as well as our classes showing and proving that our classes are different.

I'd say from simply talking to all the people that take our class each year, for the last 10 years,

60% of the people that take the class don't detail cars for money, they are simply passionate about their own cars.

40% are pro detailers or are starting a detailing business.

I structure the format of the class to cater to everyone and you read this in the reviews that are posted by people that have taken the class.

Here's 3 totes fitted to a pallet and the box holds a Hot Water Extractor. The heaviest items, the tools will get packed first.

Here's what has to be packed....

Short stroke free spinning random orbital polishers

I start my class with these tools because they are the simplest tool to learn how to use and master. This is great for beginners but if you're a seasoned pro, I guarantee you - I'll show you how to maximize the performance of this tool. In my opinion, EVERY pro detailer NEEDS at least one of these because they are so versatile.

Pads and Products
    Currently I show this tools with Buff & Shine 6" Uro-Tech Foam Pads and the Pinnacle Compounds and Polishes. These pads work great on this tool and I trust the abrasive technology in the Pinnacle compounds and polishes to work on all paint systems and of course any black paint.

Griot's BOSS 21mm and 15mm Free Spinning Random Orbital Long Stroke Polishers

This is the Griot's version of the RUPES long stroke polishers and it's a VERY Well-Built too. PLUS Griot's created an entire paint polishing system perfectly matched that includes the tools, pads, compounds and polishes. As a professional courtesy to my friends at Griot's I teach their BOSS system AS a SYSTEM. This way you get the best experience possible. Just as though you attended a Griot's corporate class.

Griot's BOSS System - Polishers - Pads - Compounds - Polishes

Self-Sustained
    Our classes are completely self-sustained, this means when we arrive to a host's location we don't need or want to use any of their tools, supplies or towels. We pack it in and we pack it out.

Milspec ProLock Extension Cords
    I teach a lot of classes and use a LOT of tools. I need quality cords that won't unplug and can feed the correct power to the tools to prevent the motors in the tools from burning up. These are a 12/3 AWG locking extension cord, each conductor contains 65 strands of 30AWG 100% copper wire. The plug locks when a standard U-Ground 15A-125V plug is inserted and will hold up to 80 lbs of pull resistance.

Having great cords gives you the best experience no matter what tool you're using and learning.

Here's the locking female end of the cord. Simply slide the collar back and then insert the male end prongs on the cord of your tool and you're locked in and ready to buff.

Pinnacle Advanced Compound 16 oz $49.99
    Expensive but top shelf abrasive technology that always produces pro results no matter what the paint system. I ONLY use compounds, polishes and cleaner/waxes that work perfectly on BLACK paint in my classes. If it can't create a perfect finish on black paint I don't use.

Pinnacle Advanced Finishing Polish $49.99
    Same quality abrasive technology used in the compound. This polish will finish out perfectly on even the softest paints. See my other article about it here.

That's not all.... keep scrolling down the page....

Mike Phillips

Continued....

Packing pictures for an Autogeek Roadshow Car Detailing Class

Mike Phillips

Continued....

Not seen are what's in the three boxes placed next to and on top of the totes.

Here's what's in the boxes. These items simply won't fit into the totes.

Mytee S-300H Tempo Heated Carpet & Upholstery Extractor

https://www.autogeek.net/grit-guard-universal-pad-washer.html"]Grit Guard Universal Pad Washer[/COLOR]

Grit Guard Universal Detailing Cart

Then when you put the two together they look like this...

Grit Guard Universal Pad Washer & Detailing Cart Combo

So as you can see, our classes cover every topic and we have ALL the tools for you to use.

Mike Phillips

Heck... I don't think any other organization that puts on a class even could take the above volume of pictures and make them magically show up in a thread on a forum like I do. In the past I did all this to show YOU ALL - exactly what YOU ALL get to do in one of these classes. Then I back it up with pictures FROM the class.

Here's just a few examples of photo-documentation of real hands-on classes.

Pictures: Autogeek’s Roadshow Class with PRAXIS Detailing in Auburn, Indiana

Pictures & Comments - 2018 New Jersey Roadshow Detailing Class

323 Pictures - Autogeek's Hands-On Roadshow Detailing Classes!

10 cars detailed in 2 days! Texas Roadshow Detailing Class!

Pictures & Comments - Atlanta, Georgia Roadshow Class!

Pictures: Roadshow Class with Detail Pro Shop in Powell, Ohio

No one else in the entire industry does this.

So it's really sad that Covid-19 killed off the roadshow classes - at least until management here at Autogeek and myself feel confident that America as a whole is past this enough that the health risks AND the "no-show" or cancellation risks are behind us.

Fingers crossed.

8. Thanks RamAirV1 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

no question whether it'd be worth the price of admission, but thanks for confirming, wow, you do it right

if you don't make it to me sooner, I'll come see you guys later

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Mike......

Do you (will you) continue to feature machines like the GG6 which are no longer in production?
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Or how about the Cyclo? Seems like it's a dinosaur now.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast