autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

VIP Guests - Industry Experts - for the February 3-Day Detailing Class

Besides getting to work the MOST TOOLS and PRODUCTS out of any class, you'll also get to meet and work with our VIP guests and industry experts!

Rod Kraft - Sales Manager - Eastern Region - Griot's Garage

Bob Eichelberg just confirmed he will be here for the 3-day class representing L.C. Power Tools!

As a long-time veteran in the tool industry Bob is a WEALTH of knowledge!

Chris West from Solution Finish has just confirmed he'll be here!

Chris West is one of the kindest and most personalable people you will ever meet and an expert on plastic trim restoration and maintenance.

Tony Pando from Dr. Color Chip!

When people say so-and-so is the nicest guy you'll ever meet! They're talking about Tony Pando! Plus he'll make doing rock chip repair super easy for pro results every time!

Jim Lafeber aka Dr. Beasley!

Jim is not only an incredible chemist! He's also you new best friend - yes he's that nice of a guy. The kind of guy you want as a neighbor! He'll be here to share all his new chemistry with the NSP line of product PLUS the new LS-10! (a really cool spray-on coating)

Markus Parsley from IGL Coatings

Markus is a natural teacher - he'll share his tips and techniques for using IGL products and installing IGL coatings. Another super high caliber expert in our industry.

Jason Brennan - Technical Advisor for Lake Country Pad Manufacturing and LC Tools

Jason is a detailer's detailer. By this I mean - this guy knows how to buff. He's super knowledgeable about buffing pad technology. He'll show you how to take neglected to respected while maintaining pro-grade results!

Chris Metcalf - Technical Assistant and Key Account Manager for FLEX - EGO - SKIL and SKILLSAW

Chris is the FLEX GURU! I kid you not - this guy can take any FLEX tool apart and put it back together again blindfolded in the dark with one hand tied behind his back - yes he's that good. And he can answer ALL your questions about FLEX tools!

STAY TUNED! More to be added....

And if you have not see the cars you're going to be working on with our special guests, check them out here!

Training Cars for the February Detailing Class

Some really cool stuff that will make for the best hands-on training experience available anywhere on Planet Earth!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: VIP Guests - Industry Experts - for the February 3-Day Detailing Class

Awesome. Jim is a genuine guy, and a joy to talk to. Anyone who has a detailing business, or looking to start a business will benefit from the reps on hand.

I had the pleasure of talking with all of the company reps, as well as detailers like Justin Labato representing Buff & Shine, for great knowledge. Networking with fellow detailers across the nation is also an open-asset for the class to share information and knowledge.

Take the class. You will never regret it.

Owner/Operator Auto Massage LLC - www.automassagellc.com
    Custom painter and commissioned artist - www.spikedairstudio.com

3. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Mike Phillips

:update:

Markus Parsley from IGL Coatings has just confirmed he'll be here.

Here's Markus showing our class how to correctly install IGL Coatings.

Here's the thread that shows all the pictures from the class Markus was at,

Pictures: February 2020 - 100% Hands-On Detailing Classes

And all the cars came out freaking amazing including the 1965 Buick Riviera GS that Markus was using for his training car.

The best hands-on car detailing classes on Planet Earth.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey Mike View Post

Awesome. Jim is a genuine guy, and a joy to talk to. Anyone who has a detailing business, or looking to start a business will benefit from the reps on hand.

I had the pleasure of talking with all of the company reps, as well as detailers like Justin Labato representing Buff & Shine, for great knowledge. Networking with fellow detailers across the nation is also an open-asset for the class to share information and knowledge.

The class you attended was bar-none, the best class I've had the pleasure of teaching. We had so many great people AND great cars to work on.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey Mike View Post

Take the class. You will never regret it.

Thank you for the recommendation Mike.

I don't know if I can out do the class you attended. By the time the dust settled we detailed 17 cars in 3 days.

But I'll try!

I just added a 2005 Pontiac Aztek to the list of cars that will be here for the February class. I've never in my life detailed one of these oddities?

2005 Pontiac Aztek

Post Thanks / Like

Those 63-65 Buick Riviera's are one of the most beautiful styling jobs to ever come from Detroit in my opinion.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by 2black1s View Post

Those 63-65 Buick Riviera's are one of the most beautiful styling jobs to ever come from Detroit in my opinion.
    That was was pristine, except for the finish quality of the paint.

Owner also told me it had every available option.

My guess is for everyone that took that class.... that will be the only one like it they will ever get to "touch"

And more specifically - they were strangers (to the owner) that got to run a buffer over it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    I just added a 2005 Pontiac Aztek to the list of cars that will be here for the February class. I've never in my life detailed one of these oddities?
    2005 Pontiac Aztek

You can work your magic and that thing will still be so ugly. Shiny, but ugly. It was the ugliest car ever, IMO, until Tesla announced the Cybertruck.
    Bruno Soares

9. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

FINALLY.....you get to work on a more “modern car” than those “old two door” cars or “barn finds”!!!

You’ve must have been working really hard to “earn” that honor, congrats! VIP Guests - Industry Experts - for the February 3-Day  Detailing Class

Jay

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips

I just added a 2005 Pontiac Aztek to the list of cars that will be here for the February class. I've never in my life detailed one of these oddities?”

2005 Pontiac Aztek

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post

You can work your magic and that thing will still be so ugly. Shiny, but ugly.

It was the ugliest car ever, IMO, until Tesla announced the Cybertruck.

I agree they are a tick on the unusual side.

I've never detailed one of these before and there's fewer and fewer of them on the road. Cars like this I call,

Bucket List Cars

Never detailed one before and chances are I'll never detail another. I relish the opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayfro View Post

FINALLY.....you get to work on a more “modern car” than those “old two door” cars or “barn finds”!!!

You’ve must have been working really hard to “earn” that honor, congrats! VIP Guests - Industry Experts - for the February 3-Day  Detailing Class

Jay

Normally I tend to bring in a lot more older cars, mostly iconic muscle cars, classics and streetrods. I'm changing this up a little for a couple of reasons, one of which is to modify the "impact" the experience gained from taking a professional detailing class.

50% of the people that take my classes are taking them to learn how to work on their own car. Yup that's right. They are NOT detailers and don't plan on becoming detailers. They just want to take their skills and knowledge to a higher level.

The other 50% either have an established detailing business or are starting a detailing business and like the people above, they just want to take their skills and knowledge to a higher level.

The fact is, most people own, drive and thus detail modern cars and a LOT of SUVs and trucks. That's just the trend for car buyers in the U.S.A.

Anyone detailing cars for money are going to be working on these same types of vehicles. Kind of is what it is.

The most important thing is when taking any class I teach is learning TONS. I don't just flatten out the learning curve... I decimate it.

Mike Phillips

Tony Pando from Dr. Color Chip has just confirmed he will be here to share how to use the Dr. Color Chip Rock Chip Repair System!

Everyone LOVES Tony and how he makes learning how to do professional touch-up work so easy!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast