autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mike Phillips

Re: Training Cars for the February Detailing Class

Quote Originally Posted by coredump4 View Post

Mike,

I'm interested in this class, but COVID is a complicating factor. What is your class size?
    We have around 20 people in each of our 3-day classes. The last class had 22 and everyone wore masks and not a single person contacted me to let me know they got sick after taking the class.

See pictures here,

Pictures: 2020 September 3-Day Detailing Bootcamp Class

Some of the people in the class had a tendency to drop their mask down, I get it - it's no fun to wear a mask while taking a class. We would do our best to remind them to keep their masks on. Even for me personally, as much as I must talk - I couldn't keep my mask on at all times.

But I wasn't sick. I'm not sick now. Have not caught anything from anyone in years. I'm a germ-a-phobic myself. In FACT - BEFORE the general public even was aware of Covid-19 I'm the guy that wrote an article to share my own PERSONAL "Best Practice" when I get gas at a gas station. Been doing this for YEARS before Covid-19 hit because I'm a germ-a-phobic. The reason I take so many pe-cautions is because I teach classes and I don't want to let anyone down, including the Autogeek company, when SO MANY people are INVESTED financially on me being healthy to teach a class. Make sense?

I cannot teach a class here or on the road and be sick. People have their money invested in airline tickets, hotels, rental cars, the price of the class etc. So "yeah", I do what I show in my article below to keep me from catching other people's germs because from what I've seen in my life - MOST PEOPLE are not as particular as to where they put their hands.

How to avoid germs - Gas Station

Here's ME - doing what I always do - NOT touching things the unwashed masses touch with ZERO thought.

Quote Originally Posted by coredump4 View Post

And masks are a good idea for polishing anyway, but are you asking students to wear them?

thanks

Yes, we ask our students to wear masks when in the garage. We do Temperature Checks for each person as they arrive in the morning.

It's totally up to you. We will do our best to keep everyone safe but at some point, all you can do is all you can do.

Probably more risky than attending one of my classes is anytime you're out in the real-world, TOUCHING things, like Debit Card Keypads, Door Handles, the handle on a Shopping Cart, etc. Are you already wearing gloves? Are you washing your hands immediately?

Keeping yourself from catching the germs on everything in our world comes down to each of use being PRO-ACTIVE for ourselves.

Make sense?

2. Thanks Thomkirby, coredump4 thanked for this post
    Mike Phillips

Update!

Here's the car, it's a 2014 Mustang V6 Convertible

RaggTopp Fabric Protectant

I'm bringing this car in so you will learn the correct techniques for using RaggTopp Fabric Protectant. Rick Goldstein, the owner of RaggTopp is a very good friend of mine and he really wanted to be here but due to a schedule conflict he couldn't' make it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Yes, we ask our students to wear masks when in the garage. We do Temperature Checks for each person as they arrive in the morning.
    That's probably the most important thing you can do.

Probably more risky than attending one of my classes is anytime you're out in the real-world, TOUCHING things, like Debit Card Keypads, Door Handles, the handle on a Shopping Cart, etc. Are you already wearing gloves? Are you washing your hands immediately?

After a year of study (and data), we now know that SARS-CoV-2 is almost entirely spread and caught via the respiratory system.

Following good hygiene practices is still an effective counter to other pathogens though. As is keeping your hands away from your mouth, eyes, and nose.

Mike Phillips

The Ram Truck has arrived. Truck looks good under Florescent lights...

I wiped-off a corner of the hood so I could do the baggie test and inspect for swirls.

The paint feels ROUGH like sandpaper

This truck sits outside a body shop every day. What's that mean?

I just happen to have an article on this topic.

The most common place to get overspray on your car is a body shop by Mike Phillips

Stay tuned - I'll be sharing the FLOW CHART for this class tomorrow.

I pretty sure I'm the only guy in the industry that uses a Flow Chart to show the order you'll be working on the cars and that's because you get to work on SO MANY CARS!

The Flow Chart helps you. And it also helps Andre and I so we know what cars to pull in next. And yeah, it's a big deal.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123