autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Re: Training Cars for the February Detailing Class

Just confirmed there will be a 1957 Chevrolet Corvette here for the February Class.

See picture in first post of this thread.

Post Thanks / Like

wow another incredible class, cant wait for all the stunning after pics

Post Thanks / Like

Love the '63 Fury.

And you know, the old Aztek doesn't look so odd anymore compared to a lot of the crap on the road these days. Exterior aside, it was a very competent and versatile crossover, one of the first. The roll-out cargo tray on wheels and ability to carry a 4x8 sheet of plywood inside were a couple of its neat tricks.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by 57Rambler View Post

Love the '63 Fury.
    We've had this car here at least 3 times for different projects. The last is when I did this review,

Review: Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Polish & Wax

Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Polish & Wax

The PROBLEM is - it's been repainted and now it's covered in overspray. So she's a coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by 57Rambler View Post
    And you know, the old Aztek doesn't look so odd anymore compared to a lot of the crap on the road these days.

Exterior aside, it was a very competent and versatile crossover, one of the first. The roll-out cargo tray on wheels and ability to carry a 4x8 sheet of plywood inside were a couple of its neat tricks.

Kind of went the way of the DoDo Bird?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Anybody in the detailing business, despite experience level, should take a class from Mike. My son (Kyle G.) and I took his Boat Detailing class last February, and because of the extremely positive experience we just signed up for the Detailing Boot Camp. We had a great time and learned a lot last year, but want more of Mike's advice and training... Looking forward to the class, and showing you some of boats and cars we've done. Oh, and we built a very cool mobile detailing trailer based on recommendations from Mike and fellow classmates. (Obviously we filled it with Autogeek products)

See you in a few weeks!!!
    Rod G.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by SenecaCorvette View Post

Anybody in the detailing business, despite experience level, should take a class from Mike.

My son (Kyle G.) and I took his Boat Detailing class last February, and because of the extremely positive experience we just signed up for the Detailing Boot Camp.

We had a great time and learned a lot last year, but want more of Mike's advice and training...

Wow! Thanks Rod. Nice endorsement based upon first-hand experience.

Here's my advice I'll be sending everyone in an e-mail

PLEASE BE SURE TO GET A GOOD NIGHT'S SLEEP ON THURSDAY - YOU'RE GOING TO NEED IT!

I never worry about anyone getting a good night's sleep after Friday, Saturday and Sunday - You're ALL going to be DEAD-TIRED. I guarantee it.

Looking forward to the class, and showing you some of boats and cars we've done.
    Looking forward to see your work.

Oh, and we built a very cool mobile detailing trailer based on recommendations from Mike and fellow classmates. (Obviously we filled it with Autogeek products)

See you in a few weeks!!!
    Rod G.

Sounds good Rod and Kyle. Thank you for your TRUST that you know you're going to take a 100% hands-on car detailing class.

It will be a lot of work. It will be fast-paced in order to cover all the tools, topics and techniques. But it will also be a lot of fun.

Post Thanks / Like

Just an FYI, car number 8 is not a 2019 CRV. Honda changed the body style in 2017 to the current version. Must be pre 2017

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by gfa View Post

Just an FYI, car number 8 is not a 2019 CRV. Honda changed the body style in 2017 to the current version. Must be pre 2017

Thanks!

I just took a guess. I'll check with the owner as I like to be accurate.

The BIG PICTURE is more important - it's a Honda SUV. It has not been properly detailed and/or maintained since it was purchased.

It NEVER sees a garage, just 100% open air and full South Florida sunshine.

Detailing SUV's either for money or because you own one (or two), is common now days and the Honda CRV is one of the most popular SUV on the road.

9. Likes axel06 liked this post
    Mike Phillips

As of today, I have 7 VIP Guests that have confirmed they will be here for this class.

Besides getting to work the MOST TOOLS and PRODUCTS out of any class, you'll also get to meet and work with our VIP guests and industry experts!

Jason Brennan - Technical Advisor for Lake Country Pad Manufacturing and LC Tools

Bob Eichelberg just confirmed he will be here for the 3-day class representing L.C. Power Tools!

Chris West from Solution Finish has just confirmed he'll be here!

Tony Pando from Dr. Color Chip!

Jim Lafeber aka Dr. Beasley!

Markus Parsley from IGL Coatings has just confirmed he'll be here.

Here's Markus showing our class how to correctly install IGL Coatings.

Chris Metcalf - Technical Assistant and Key Account Manager for FLEX - EGO - SKIL and SKILLSAW

STAY TUNED! More to be added....

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Mike,
    I'm interested in this class, but COVID is a complicating factor. What is your class size? And masks are a good idea for polishing anyway, but are you asking students to wear them?

thanks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast