autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

IDA SV Certification Testing at Autogeek

If you have questions about WHAT to do - CLICK this link - watch the video

If you want to take the IDA Skills Validated Certification tests at Autogeek after any of our 3-day or 2-day classes, then you need to schedule your time slot for the test.

Contact

Alex Hazard
    E-mail: Alex at IDA
    Phone: 651-925-5526

Skills Validation Test Requirements

Before you can take the Skills Validation test you must first,

1. Join the IDA - Click here - Membership dues are for one year.

2. Get IDA Certified - Written Exams - $200.00 then $100.00 every 2 years. Pay for, take and pass the online test with a score of 80% or higher.

Click here to order and take the online exams

3: Become Skills Validated - If you have taken my 2-Day Roadshow Class or my 3-Day Bootcamp Class then contact Andre and schedule your time slot for the test and pay the $200.00 testing fee.

Andre: 1-800-869-3011 x1244

Time slots for testing

The skills validation testing takes 2 hours to complete. I offer 4 time slots for testing.

9:00am to 11:00am

11:00am to 1:00pm

1:00pm to 3:00pm

3:00pm to 5:00pm

Time slots are scheduled according on a first come, first serve basis. To secure your preferred time slot contact Andre as soon as possible.

Once you have passed the Skills Validation testing your official IDA Certificate and IDA patch will be mailed to you from the IDA.

Mike Phillips

Re: IDA SV Certification Testing at Autogeek

Why Join the Association?

In these turbulent economic times, now is the time to join other detailers and suppliers as a member of the INTERNATIONAL DETAILING ASSOCIATION. As you all know, there is strength in numbers, and a strong IDA can be your voice in the greater industry and to the government. The IDA gives you the opportunity to network with your peers, mentors, and vendors. Improve your business and your reputation as a detailer through free webinars, educational articles, business and marketing how-to’s, and discounted enrollment in the Certified Detailer Program.

These membership benefits are just the beginning...

• Information about and access to major industry trade shows and other upcoming events.

• Recognition as an IDA Member with IDA signage, including a logo’d member certificate for your shop or mobile unit and a frameable copy of the IDA Code of Ethics to demonstrate your commitment to professionalism in the auto detailing industry.

• Free webinars covering a variety of topics – from technical skills to business and marketing know-how.

• Member discount on the IDA Certified Detailer Program. Click here to check out the video!

• Network and develop relationships with many of the industry's most experienced car care professionals.

• Have a question? Get your questions answered through the IDA mentorship program and through the Members Only online forums – Or, have an answer? Let your expertise be heard and answer the forum inquiries of your fellow members.

• Priority registration for IDA-sponsored Education & Training Programs.

• Promote your business through the online Member Directory listings and through the IDA Advertising Program.

•Access Members Only key features on IDA's website, including:

◦ Access to past webinar series recordings.

◦ Articles on the latest in advances, techniques, products and detailing technologies.

◦ Archived newsletters providing new and historical updates in the industry and the Association.

◦ Sharing of information via Community Circles and Members Only groups.

•Take part in the IDA Awards Program to recognize one another for the outstanding work that we do.

•Enhance your leadership skills and shape IDA by volunteering on a committee (Certification, Marketing/Communications, Tradeshow/Education).

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone that has the opportunity to do this, I highly recommend it. First off, the IDA was established to support and promote detailers.

If you don't think this is important, my wife had a client of her business who had a stable of cars.

She told him about our detailing business and the first question he asked was "Now before, I let him (me) look at any of my cahs, is he (me) certified, or is there some formal thing he's been through?" <spoken in a deep/thick North East Italian style Boston accent>

My wife answered; "Yes he has".

Secondly you'll feel a sense of pride and accomplishment of achieving recognition in the industry that is near and dear to our hearts.

Thirdly, what better way to spend a day? Hanging out with Mike Phillips at Autogeek!!! That in and of itself is one of the most memorable and fond memories I'll take of the whole experience.

Lastly, for those that state they can't afford to go... there are ways around this. Go Fund Me is one. Here is how I did it. My wife had SkyMiles, I had enough to get a round trip ticket from Manchester NH to West Palm Beach Florida, with an additional $12.00 fee... So flight = $12.00

Because I travel a lot, I have Marriott points... Two nights at the cheapest Marriott (I think it was a Springfield Suite about 30 minutes north of AG) was completely covered by points.

Also, because I'm a Hertz Gold member my car was $30.00 for two days. And we used the rental car for the Skills Evaluation.

All in all, the trip cost $72.00 excluding food... And I ate salads! I even got Mike to eat a salad!

And lastly, Mike gave us an awesome project to work on. Damp Sanding (scuff-n-buff) and polishing a 1948 Willies Jeepster.

Those that are on the fence, just go do it!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I took advantage of getting my IDA-SV certification after the training class. Hopefully the demand for this testing will continue. I know Mike is beat after three days of detailing class so I know it is extra work on his part to do the testing. Thank you Mike for taking the time to make this Skills Validation test a possibility.

5. Thanks Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN thanked for this post
    Likes Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN liked this post
    Mike Phillips

I've updated all the links in the first post to link to the new updated IDA Website.

If you e-mail me asking me any of the below,

• How do I join the IDA?
    • How do I take the online written tests?
    • How do I become Skills Validated?
    • Where can I study to take the test?

I'm going to send you the link to this thread. This thread is going to take you to

International Detailing Association

7. Thanks Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN thanked for this post
    Likes Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN liked this post
    Mike Phillips

This year I will be offering SV testing on these dates.

Monday, February 24th
    Monday, May 4th
    Monday, September 28th

These are the Mondays following my 3-day Car Detailing Bootcamp Classes. If you attend any of the 2-day Roadshow Classes you can also attend one of the above dates to take your Skills Validation Tests.

I no longer test people that have not taken a real hands-on class. Watching YouTube videos does not count as training.

9. Likes Detailchick liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The written exam kit is now $400 instead of $200 when I looked at it just now.

Super Member Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm looking forward to joining and completing the steps to get certified!

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey Mike View Post
    The written exam kit is now $400 instead of $200 when I looked at it just now.
    That's if you're not a member of the IDA.

For members - it's $200.00

Save for SV test. If you're a member it's $200.00 - if non-member - $400.00

Mike Phillips

As is my norm, I have done all the ground work for you. ALL the information including links, and contacts are included in the FIRST post of this thread.

If you want to take the SV test you have to first,

1. Join the IDA
    2. Take and PASS the 10 Written Exams

Now you can sign-up to take the SV Test.

Look and read the first post of this thread.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast