autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

2006 Lamborghini Gallardo Twin Turbo by Heffner Performance - Ceramic Coating Detailing Class

2006 Lamborghini Gallardo Twin Turbo by Heffner Performance - Ceramic Coating Detailing Class

Here's just one of the cars for the September 3-Day Detailing Bootcamp Class here at Autogeek in Stuart, Florida.

2006 Lamborghini Gallardo Twin Turbo by Heffner Performance

The above car belongs to my brother-in-law's buddy. It's been wrecked and rebuilt and then repainted. I've been told it's covered in overspray paint and swirls and scratches everywhere.

See the rest of the cars for this class including the Streetrod we'll have here for the wetsanding class here,

Training Cars for the 2019 September 3-day Detailing Bootcamp Class

Mike Phillips

Re: 2006 Lamborghini Gallardo Twin Turbo by Heffner Performance - Ceramic Coating Detailing Class

More pics of what this car looks like,

The above borrowed from the Interweb, when the actual car gets here I take fresh pictures.

Pretty cool car for a training class though....

3. Likes Belo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2006 Lamborghini Gallardo Twin Turbo by Heffner Performance - Ceramic Coating Detailing Class

A true beast!! Excellent training vehicle if it's in the shape you say Mike! Awesome, can't wait to see the before/after pics!
    Scott Harle
    Autodermatology
    #autodermatology

Post Thanks / Like

Where do you find these old jalopies, Mike? Lol
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

6. Likes Aaryn NZ, Paul A. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by paulmys View Post
    where do you find these old jalopies, mike? Lol
    lmao!!!!

8. Likes Aaryn NZ, Paul A. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Damn!!!

That’s cool! Definitely not the biggest canvas you have had as a training car but would imagine it’d be one of the lowest. Excellent Mike, great job.

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Sizzle Chest View Post

A true beast!!

Excellent training vehicle if it's in the shape you say Mike!

Awesome, can't wait to see the before/after pics!
    I used to have a picture of it with the front clip dismantled before repair and repaint. My brother-in-law has been to a number of my free Thursday night classes and brought his cool cars here, so he's up to speed on what paint in bad condition looks like.

Here's just ONE of the bitchen rides PJ has brought here and let us use to showcase our wares.

The Little Yeller Feller - 2000 Lotus Esprit V8

Me and PJ jewelling the paint on the old yellow 2-door European job....

Done!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post

Where do you find these old jalopies, Mike? Lol

They just come to me... could be word-of-mouth and a trust factor? I don't know?

Quote Originally Posted by Aaryn NZ View Post

Damn!!!

That’s cool! Definitely not the biggest canvas you have had as a training car but would imagine it’d be one of the lowest.

Excellent Mike, great job.

Aaryn NZ.

The challenge now will be to find something to couple it with during the class. As you know as an alumni student, I bring in 2 cars at a time for the class to work on. I try to have some kind of "theme" when possible for the cars and match them to the tools being used for the particular class session.

Mike Phillips

And just to note since I'm talking about PJ - he's bringing Autogeek this car, just another old 2-door Buick....

1954 Buick Special - Coating Training Car for September Class

I took these picture to show how swirled out the paint is, (also very rough to the touch)

But if you know how to use a camera and how to borrow shade, it looks like she's already been through one of my classes....

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2006 Lamborghini Gallardo Twin Turbo by Heffner Performance - Ceramic Coating Detailing Clas

Wow!

What a beauty. Just look at the character & style of that Buick .... don’t get me wrong, I like some modern cars but I feel we’re missing out on all that style & character nowadays.

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

13. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2006 Lamborghini Gallardo Twin Turbo by Heffner Performance - Ceramic Coating Detailing Clas

Quote Originally Posted by Aaryn NZ View Post
    What a beauty. Just look at the character & style of that Buick .... don’t get me wrong, I like some modern cars but I feel we’re missing out on all that style & character nowadays.

Aaryn NZ.
    Sadly, there is no modern equivalent to Harley Earl ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast