autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Video: What the classroom looks like the night before class starts!

That would be a shame if the roadshow classes were eventually discontinued. I took the class in Medford,NJ last year and it was a fantastic experience.
    2022 Carrera S & Honda CRV Hybrid
    2015 Lexus IS 350, 2016 Ford F-150
    Cobalt 242 (8.1 L block, Volvo outdrive)

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Markymapo View Post

That would be a shame if the roadshow classes were eventually discontinued.

It's really about the market or people. If people don't see the value then there is no market. There will always be free classes but I can guarantee you, at the free class they won't be shipping in the quantity and quality of tools and products you get to use at a pay-for class. Just goes back to,

You get what you pay for

I took the class in Medford, NJ last year and it was a fantastic experience.

And interestingly enough, that was the largest Roadshow Class we've held even though it wasn't held with a vendor at a vendor's location. In fact, it has been the SMALLEST shop I've held a class at yet the class went PERFECT.

Here's a group shot from the FIRST two cars this class detailed. I can tell you straight-up, there's NO OTHER class where the first two cars a class works on are this cool.

23 people in this class and I hope you will agree - there was never anyone NOT getting my attention or NOT getting all the hands-on time they wanted.

From left to right

Bob, Matt, Rahul, Nick, Tom, Kate, Joseph, Roman, Stephan, Josh, Ivo (in the back behind Josh), Alex, Joe, Lee, David, Christy, John, Pete, Jim, Dave, Axel, Ifong, Mark, Allen and me

We also started on time each day and there was no sitting around due to the VOLUME of brands of tools, pads and products you all were able to use.

I hope they don't go away but it really comes down to people signing up. No one signs up - no more roadshow classes. Anyone reading this right now that doesn't have the budget to get to Florida for our big 3-day class then I'd recommend getting signed up for the Ohio or Pennsylvania classes and do by next week or they will get cancelled.

Here's the link to sign-up for the Ohio and Pennsylvania Roadshow Classes

Pictures and powerful testimonies from the New Jersey Roadshow Class

Pictures & Comments - 2018 New Jersey Roadshow Detailing Class

Post Thanks / Like

Having the class closer to Philadelphia would have generated more draw of Detailers even though Allentown is only 1 hour from Philly. But I am sure there is a reason for picking certain sites.

The class in Medford was totally hands on with individual one on ones, well done!

I’m the guy with the teal shirt next to Allen and you ( I would have taken the Allentown class this year to pick up some new skills and brush up on current knowledge if I didn’t have my nieces wedding in NYC that Saturday 12Aug. Allentown is only 45 minutes from my house. my family would disown me if I didn’t attend the wedding, ugh!

2022 Carrera S & Honda CRV Hybrid
    2015 Lexus IS 350, 2016 Ford F-150
    Cobalt 242 (8.1 L block, Volvo outdrive)

Mike Phillips

Having the class closer to Philadelphia would have generated more draw of Detailers even though Allentown is only 1 hour from Philly. But I am sure there is a reason for picking certain sites.
    To date, I do about 99.9% of obtaining the location and I obtain them by either contacting a vendor or more often, someone contacts me and offers their shop. That would be the case for Allentown, Pennsylvania.

The class in Medford was totally hands on with individual one on ones, well done!
    Thank you. And for anyone reading this into the future - all the classes are totally hands-on and I make sure I work one-on-one with everyone.

I’m the guy with the teal shirt next to Allen and you ( I would have taken the Allentown class this year to pick up some new skills and brush up on current knowledge if I didn’t have my nieces wedding in NYC that Saturday 12Aug. Allentown is only 45 minutes from my house. my family would disown me if I didn’t attend the wedding, ugh!

Copy that. Thanks for jogging my memory, I meet a LOT of people and it's hard to put a face to a name or forum nickname all the time.

So this is you working on the driver's side of the hood using the correct technique with the cord over your shoulder and holding the pad flat to the surface of this old 2-door Chevy.

Ha ha.... I tend to remember a person's car better than I remember their name.

Thanks for attending the class and even more, thank you for being a positive contributing member of this forum. So few people that take my class are what I call,

"Forum People"

Post Thanks / Like

As I watched that entire video it struck me that it's no small task to set all that stuff up so neat and organized. I hope you don't do that alone, Mike but if you do my hat's off to you. Then there's the breakdown and prep for shipment back to Stuart.

That's a ton of work!

6. Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Paul A. View Post

As I watched that entire video it struck me that it's no small task to set all that stuff up so neat and organized. I hope you don't do that alone, Mike but if you do my hat's off to you.
    Most of the time I work alone. All our other staff are busy with their own departments or job duties. I don't mind but there is a lot of work and time plus thinking that goes into all of these classes.

I started this thread today as I'm going to share it next week in a newsletter. I'm pretty sure there's no other thread or webpage or Facebook post or Instagram pictures that shows just how much stuff you get to do for any other class on Planet Earth.

Packing pictures for an Autogeek Roadshow Car Detailing Class

Then there's the breakdown and prep for shipment back to Stuart.

That's a ton of work!
    That's where I get lucky.

Our classes always and only attract high caliber people. On the last day of class I let everyone know that they are welcome to stick around after the class and help me break-down and pack up the totes onto the pallet and I always have a half of dozen people lend a hand.

8. Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

...and I would offer without having been asked just to talk a little more, both with you and some new friends!

10. Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

...and I would offer without having been asked just to talk a little more, both with you and some new friends!

Yeah, this right!?

Like, Mike does his “Brain Dumps” & you simply wanna be there to engulf every word of knowledge you can. That & Mike is a super cool dude just to shoot the breeze with in general.

And of course - isn’t it just a good mannered thing to do???

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

12. Likes Paul A. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, it is the good mannered thing to do...at least how I was raised.

14. Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12