autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Training Cars for January 3-Day Bootcamp Class at Autogeek in Stuart, Florida 2019

Training Cars for January 3-Day Bootcamp Class at Autogeek in Stuart, Florida 2019

Here's some of the cars everyone attending the 3-day class in January will get to TRAIN on. All the cars I bring to my classes need correction, polishing and then sealed with a wax, sealant or ceramic paint coating. There simply are NO OTHER classes like these on Planet Earth. People travel from all over the USA and even other countries to not only work on all the cool cars but because you get to use ALL THE COOL TOOLS and decide for yourself which type and brand is best for you BEFORE you start plunking down your hard earned money into a tool, pads and products that you might not like. Happens all the time.

For the upcoming January class....

1941 Chrysler Business Man's Coupe

1962 Ferrari 250 GTO

I don't have a lot of info on the Ferrari except the same owner for over 20 years and I've been told the paint is in pretty rough condition, that is filled with swirls and scratches.

1972 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme

This black an orange beauty has a 455 Cubic Inch BIG BLOCK with a Turbo 350 transmission. Here's a shot of the engine.

1955 Chevy Bel Air Hardtop Sport Coupe

This is the highest cost and optioned model you could purchase in 1955. It has a 388 Cubic Inch Stroker Motor with 480 Horsepower with a 5-Speed Tremec Transmission. This is a magazine quality build car and the type you would see on any of the "Car Guy" TV shows on Motor Trend TV only the difference is YOU don't get to work or train on the cars you see on TV but you do when you attend an Autogeek class I'm teaching.

1963 Corvette Split Window Stingray

1965 Corvette

Just confirmed this 1965 Corvette Stingray for the September class. This car has a MODERN BASECOAT/CLEARCOAT paint job just like the Ford or Honda in your garage or driveway. Just pointing this out to show that even though you get to work on cool cars and muscle cars at our classes, they normally have modern paint just like you'll be working on when you return to the real world after the class. So you "learning experience" is genuine as it relates to working on the type of cars most detailers work on most of the time.

(People on Facebook always ask me about single stage paint on cool cars, I guess they don't understand that most cars are RE-PAINTED)

Here she is,

More to come....

This class is over half full and will sell out. Call Andre to reserve your space.

1-800-869-3011 x244

Or

Click this link for more info or to sign-up online

See you here!

2. Likes FrankS, Murrow liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Re: Training Cars for January 3-Day Bootcamp Class at Autogeek in Stuart, Florida 2018

***Update***

Just confirmed the 1941 Chrysler Business Man's Coupe for the January Class!

Added picture to the first post of this thread.

Mike Phillips

Re: Training Cars for January 3-Day Bootcamp Class at Autogeek in Stuart, Florida 2018

***Update***

Just confirmed this custom Mustang Fastback Restorod for the January Class. This is a high dollar build, just about completed. She'll need a good final polish to create a true show car finish on BLACK paint. This will be a great training car for everyone wanting to learn,

The art of polishing paint

More pics after she's goes through final assembly.

Mike Phillips

More....

This is a 1961 Cadillac Series 75 Formal Sedan. This car was recently gifted to the Elliot Museum. The Elliot Museum has asked if we could get her ready for display.

6. Likes FrankS liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Another nice lineup of cars!

Post Thanks / Like

Mike, that 55 is a beauty. I'm sure you and your crew will do it justice. I owned two back when I was just starting to drive. they were affordable back them, but not anymore .
    In 1967 I bought a 55 two door post with 29,000 miles for $125 dollars . anyway can't wait to see the finished product.
    Carlo

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by hmardown View Post

Mike, that 55 is a beauty. I'm sure you and your crew will do it justice. I owned two back when I was just starting to drive. they were affordable back them, but not anymore .

In 1967 I bought a 55 two door post with 29,000 miles for $125 dollars .

anyway can't wait to see the finished product.

Carlo

Thanks Carlo.

I have not seen the car in person yet, the owner texted me the picture.

But - he's been to some of my Tech Sessions at our Cars & Coffee car shows over the YEARS and knows what a nice finish looks like and what a finish that needs help looks like and he told me the black paint on the 1955 Chevy needs help.

He recently bought it and the condition it's in is how it was when he bought it.

Post Thanks / Like

The cars are nice looking but the pictures don’t tell the whole truth. Once the swirl finder light is pulled out we will see the real horror stories of these nice looking cars. This class will have some excellent cars to bring back into shape.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Guyb View Post

The cars are nice looking but the pictures don’t tell the whole truth. Once the swirl finder light is pulled out we will see the real horror stories of these nice looking cars. This class will have some excellent cars to bring back into shape.

Correctamundo....

All the cars I bring in for these classes are usually in horrible condition. Just because a "Car Guy" owns a cool car that rarely, from my experience, also means they know how to "touch" the paint. In fact, I'd say most car owners know minimal about how to correctly do anything for their car's paint except use a quick detailer or a duster.

The paint on the 1941 Chrysler is actually in pretty good shape. I buffed it out 4 years ago and it's been sitting parked most of the time afterwards. I does have some overspray on it and it does have some light RIDS here and there.

But here's the deal- when I buffed it out I showcased Pinnacle Synergy Paste Wax. The January class is going to waterless, clay and then machine polish this streetrod to prep it for a ceramic paint coating. So doesn't matter the condition - it's going to get the full meal deal IN ORDER to correctly apply a ceramic paint coating.

Hope you're doing well Guy!

Mike Phillips

***Update***

Just added a 1965 Corvette to the first post in this thread. This Corvette was supposed to be at the September 3-day class but a mechanical issue prevented the owner from driving it to Autogeek. Just spoke to the owner and the car is all back together and good to go!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast