autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Training Cars for January 3-Day Bootcamp Class at Autogeek in Stuart, Florida 2018

Hi Mike! Hope everyone at Autogeek is enjoying the start of 2019! That 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO would be a lot of fun to work on! Congrats to the round of people who signed up for this Class. You will not be disappointed.

2. Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Re: Training Cars for January 3-Day Bootcamp Class at Autogeek in Stuart, Florida 2018

Quote Originally Posted by 1957VwBeetle View Post

Hi Mike! Hope everyone at Autogeek is enjoying the start of 2019!

That 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO would be a lot of fun to work on!

Congrats to the round of people who signed up for this Class.

You will not be disappointed.

Thanks for chiming in....

Could you also let everyone know just how hands-on these classes are?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post

Could you also let everyone know just how hands-on these classes are?

Sure thing!

I attended the 3 day class this past September. Upon arrival on the first day and up until closure of the last day (minus about a 15-20 minute introduction and your lunch break each day) this class is fully hands on.

In addition to all the knowledge, skills and techniques Mike will pass on to you, everyone attending the class will have the opportunity to use and experience the largest selection of tools and products. I truly was surprised myself with how many different brands of tools and products we got to use over the 3 days.

Whether your new to detailing, you like detailing your own vehicles or if you detail professionally as full time job, there are some many things to learn and take home from this course. Mike and Andre do an amazing job making sure everyone is getting the most of this class. I can’t thank them enough!

If anyone has any questions about this class or any upcoming classes or about my personal experience, feel free to message me. I will be glad to answer any question or help in anyway possible.

Cheers!
    Billy

5. Likes Guyb, Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by 1957VwBeetle View Post

Sure thing!

I attended the 3 day class this past September.

Upon arrival on the first day and up until closure of the last day (minus about a 15-20 minute introduction and your lunch break each day) this class is fully hands on.

Thank you for sharing that. It's seems very difficult to get testimonies like yours on this forum. Hundreds of people took one of our classes last year, probably around 250 people! Yet I only get a handful of them that can share their testimony.

Detailing classes are NOT all the same.

Any class I'm in full control of is pretty much all hands-on, no sitting.

To show this, I share thousands of pictures showing happy people having fun working on cars... not sitting in chairs. The pictures prove it. The volume of cars I bring in for any of the classes I teach prove it. When looking at other classes - look for a history of pictures showing you what you get to do. If you have never been to a detailing class before, sign-up for any class I'm teaching anywhere and then down the road, take some other class and then you'll be able to compare the sitting time to hands-on time.

Mike Phillips

Re: Training Cars for January 3-Day Bootcamp Class at Autogeek in Stuart, Florida 2019

***Update***

Sorry to say the Cadillac Limousine has had to cancel to due a death in the family that prevents the car from the scheduled class.

We will re-schedule this car for the May class.

I'm working on a substitute

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Detailing classes are NOT all the same.

Any class I'm in full control of is pretty much all hands-on, no sitting.

To show this, I share thousands of pictures showing happy people having fun working on cars... not sitting in chairs. The pictures prove it. The volume of cars I bring in for any of the classes I teach prove it. When looking at other classes - look for a history of pictures showing you what you get to do. If you have never been to a detailing class before, sign-up for any class I'm teaching anywhere and then down the road, take some other class and then you'll be able to compare the sitting time to hands-on time.
    I was lucky enough to be able to sign up for your class! Am from NJ coming down to attend, you are correct about this statement. I looked at several classes before pulling the trigger on yours and I was hard to find a well reviewed class as yours. I am very excited and look forward to meeting you on Friday! I can't wait to be shown the proper techniques hands on and not just being explained how to do it.

Andre

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorGT View Post

I was lucky enough to be able to sign up for your class! Am from NJ coming down to attend, you are correct about this statement. I looked at several classes before pulling the trigger on yours and I was hard to find a well reviewed class as yours. I am very excited and look forward to meeting you on Friday! I can't wait to be shown the proper techniques hands on and not just being explained how to do it.

Andre

Great to hear Andre!

You're going to LOVE this class. I sent you the IMPORTANT INFORMATION e-mail and in it - it states to get a good nights sleep on Thursday night. You're going to need your energy. I NEVER worry about anyone getting a good night's sleep on Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights.... you'll be tired!

I've been taking videos of the cars as they arrive and sharing them in this thread,

Video: Before condition - Training Cars for Bootcamp Class

And also on my FB page here,

Mike Phillips Facebook Page

See you Friday morning!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: Training Cars for January 3-Day Bootcamp Class at Autogeek in Stuart, Florida 2019

To everyone, this January Boot Camp is a bit of history, you should have attended it! Mike was lucky this year and was able to find some spectacular SIV units for the class (Special Interest Vehicles). The car from the Flex XC 3401 book cover came back in after a recent minor body work and paint job. It looked great on Mike's cover and now it really shines with a new ceramic coat! I will let Mike give more details on the work my classmates performed on this truly awesome styled car. If you want to dig deep and gets 'hands-on' experience then you have two more events in 2019 at Autogeek HQ in Stuart, Florida. Nothing wrong with any of the road show training events but getting the chance to try all the tools and mix of products makes the 3-day camp a must event if you enjoy a 'deep dive' into the world of auto detailing. Plus is make a very memorable gift so drop the hint and make this something for your bucket list.

Happy 2019-Alumni,

Kirby
    Houston, TX

11. Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12