autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Re: Who attends a 3-day class at Autogeek at $1,495.00?

Quote Originally Posted by firecorgi View Post

Thanks for sharing Mike. As someone who just “graduated” from the most recent class, it was great to work, side-by-side, with others of various experience levels.
    A lot of people say what you said above, that is they like working with a good mix of people from different backgrounds and different experience levels.

Since moving south and retiring , I had always said I would attend. I finally had the chance. The hours spent were hard work but fun and educational.

I can speak for the folks in the class when I say using all the different machines was a thrill.

I always wondered about using them and I can now say I have.

That would be this class,

Pictures & Comments September 2018 3-Day Detailing Class at Autogeek with Mike Phillips

And we really had some great cars to work on in that class including the 1965 GTO and the 1957 Tbird everyone was able to learn how to wet sand by hand and machine on these two bitchen rides!

There were some folks in the class that had bought stuff but waited to use it so they could learn how to use the tools.

To hear Louise’s story is very cool.

I took the above pictures and created this thread because so many guys I meet, (typically guys, not women), in conversation tell me,

I'm not a detailer

Implying that they think the class is only for detailers, people that detail their cars for money. But as you probably experienced, about 50% to 60% of the people that attend ANY of the classes are NOT detailers, they are just people that love to work on their cars or boats....

So I created this thread with those pictures and I share it various ways to show all the big strong guys of the world that if they like detailing their cars and boats, then this class is for them. It is not just for people that detail for money. If it's out of their budget then that's something each person has to figure out but Louise flew all the way from California to Stuart, Florida and loved this class.

Now, just gotta get thru Hurricane Michael so I can attend the boat class in February...LOL!
    I have not had a head count lately but going by how many people tell me they are going to take the February boat class it's going to sell out faster than ever.

Big Thank you to you Mike, Andre, and Autogeek for making this happen for all of us.

Steve
    Thanks for commenting Steve....

2. Thanks Aaryn NZ thanked for this post
    Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Mike Phillips

***Bump***

Next class is already filling up. This is the LAST 3-day class for 2019.

Next 3-day class won't be until January of 2020

Click the below link to sign-up online...

Mike Phillips Detailing Boot Camp - September 27th, 28th, & September 29th

Or call Andrea

1-800-869-3011 x244

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome.

This is a cool post/story. Louise IS a detailer now, I bet she is hooked after this class . . . Spending all her pocket money on detailing supplies & rolling around in the sharpest looking Mustang in the neighbourhood.

Is Louise an AGO Forum Member?? I’m curious about an update on how she’s going, what she’s using, tools etc & how sweet her Mustang looks.

I guess for a few people looking in, this class could appear a touch overwhelming or even intimidating with all the tools & especially the cars you get to work on - those SIV’s aren’t sitting there in the background, they are the ACTUAL cars you’re working on but & it’s a big BUT the way Mike teaches/instructs will see you buffing & polishing with confidence in no time.

If you’re on the fence about attending this class or any of Mikes classes, I cannot recommend it enough. Expensive??? I say priceless! Think about it this way - It cost me twice as much for me just to get there as it did for the price of the class . . . Would I do it again?? ABSOLUTELY!!!

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Aaryn NZ View Post

Is Louise an AGO Forum Member??

I’m curious about an update on how she’s going, what she’s using, tools etc & how sweet her Mustang looks.

Sorry to say she's not. At least not that I know of.

If I remember correctly, she's a Psychiatrist and a Professor at a College in San Francisco.

I like to share her story because I always see typically guys make comments about the classes we offer and say,

I'm not a detailer

I get it. Neither are 60% of the people that take my class and Louise is an example.

Mike Phillips

Here's another great example of someone taking a class that's NOT a detailer.

Rick works for Les Schwab Financial Services. He came to the Texas Roadshow class a few weeks ago to learn how to polish the paint on his own car.

10 cars detailed in 2 days! Texas Roadshow Detailing Class!

He did join the forum and shared a picture of his car...

Quote Originally Posted by 69385vette View Post

Using the techniques taught by Mike in our class, I have detailed my 1967 GTO.

Now that I have experience with a wide range of products, I can purchase with confidence. The result was terrific. Many thanks to Mike for this class.

As Mike can attest, my GTO was covered with swirls and holograms. Mike said it was typical of what a body shop turns out.

I purchased the Flex XFE15 150 Cordless Orbital polisher (The Finisher)and used this process:

1. Washed using Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine
    2. Clayed
    3. Compounded with Sonax CutMax using Uro_Tech 7" Maroon Pads
    4. Polished with Sonax Perfect Finish using Lake Country 6.5" White Pads
    5. Surface cleaned with Black Fire Paint Prep.
    6. Applied Pinnacle Souveran Past Wax

I thought the GTO looked great before, now it absolutely awesome! The results are impressive! (at least to me)

Next, I plan to try out BLACKFIRE One Step on my 2015 Silverado

-Rick

I WISH everyone that attended any of our classes was as active on our forum as you.

Marketing the classes is the hardest part of the class and it's first-hand testimonies - shared on this forum that are powerful Everyone is on Facebook and Instagram and I get it but they are horrible social media platforms in that anything shared on them is like a vapor, here for a moment and then gone.

7. Likes Aaryn NZ, Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So I have the rupes 15 mark3 and rupes duetto. I have the flex 3" polisher but its virtually the same I think. I use the rupes pads on all of them just because I like the pad. I have other pads to but I like the rupes the best on all 3 of those machines. I love the rupes 4" pads on the mini.

Anyway I have the Rupes polishes and I've tried them a few times. They just do not work good on my paint. They leave it almost faded and just not good. I have to use other polishes like menzerna that just work better on my car. What about that I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 1950 Panel Delivery - From neglected to respected

If anyone is sitting on the fence about the 3 Day class....DO IT! It was beyond my expectations but just be ready to work. We went 11 hour days since most of us showed up early.
    Met some great folks and after the class most everyone, including Mike and Andre, went to hang out at the local Marriot. We had dinner and talked more shop.
    You’re going to be exhausted when all is said and done but it was a Labor of Love!

Steve

Super Member Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Here's another great example of someone taking a class that's NOT a detailer.

Rick works for Les Schwab Financial Services. He came to the Texas Roadshow class a few weeks ago to learn how to polish the paint on his own car.

10 cars detailed in 2 days! Texas Roadshow Detailing Class!

He did join the forum and shared a picture of his car...

I WISH everyone that attended any of our classes was as active on our forum as you.

Marketing the classes is the hardest part of the class and it's first-hand testimonies - shared on this forum that are powerful Everyone is on Facebook and Instagram and I get it but they are horrible social media platforms in that anything shared on them is like a vapor, here for a moment and then gone.

Are you guys planning on having more Texas Road Show classes? As an Oklahoma resident I sure could take advantage of that. Congratulations Rick! AMAZING job on the GTO!!!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app

11. Likes Mike Hoekstra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It was on my "to do" list for May, but with the world on fire, maybe September this year or February next year. Then I can take the IDA cert's as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Been on my list for a while......only had one of the roadshow classes near me in recent years....unfortunately, didn't have the extra coin for that one either. By the time I pay for the 3-day class, the airfare, hotel, rental car and miscellaneous expenses.....I'm easily ver 2500.00....definitely not in this man's budget....until I manage to win the lottery.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast