autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Mike Phillips

Training cars for February 2018 Detailing Class at Autogeek in Stuart, Florida

Training cars for February 2018 Detailing Class at Autogeek in Stuart, Florida

The first 3-day class for 2018 will be held,

Friday, February 23rd
    Saturday, February 24th
    Sunday, February 25th

IDA Skill Validation Training will be held on Monday, February 26 for those that want to get Skill Validated for the IDA.

I'm working on getting the cars for this class and below are a few potential candidates.

1972 Buick Skylark Convertible
    I've seen this car in the sun, it has horrible swirls. My guess is the paint is also contaminated.

1958 Chevy Apache
    This has an extremely oxidized and neglected paint finish.

1971 Dodge Charger R/T
    This is a 1971 Dodge Charger R/T with the 440 Magnum Big Block in it. We detailed it a few years ago but it might be back for this class for a touch up and also to show how to use Dr. Beasley's Matte Paint Coating.

1968 Buick Electra 225 - All original
    This next car is actually in the Elliot Museum and the curator John Giltinan said it could use a good polishing and detailing.

2006 GMC Sierra Duramax
    This belongs to the owner of Fresh Catch, a restaurant I spend way too much time at. He told me it needs a COMPLETE detail, inside and out so this will be one of our vehicles for production detailing plus engine detailing plus interior, etc. and it's always good to take care of the owner of a restaurant that you frequent often!

2. Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Training cars for February 2018 Detailing Class at Autogeek in Stuart, Florida

Shaping up to be another fantastic class Mike.

Check the size of that Buick Electra! Almost enough room on that beast for the entire class to work on. I look forward to seeing what other gems you find for the February class.

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

Mike Phillips

Re: Training cars for February 2018 Detailing Class at Autogeek in Stuart, Florida

Another "new" car for the 2018 3-day detailing class

One of our local car guys sold his badass Chevelle and replaced it with this Monte Carlo - I forget the year? Regardless, he offered it to Autogeek for our February class and it has the criteria I look for and need in all our cars,

1: LARGE car for plenty of hands-on training with so many tools we go over.

2: Swirled out paint and my guess is it's also contaminated - this makes for great training.

Mike Phillips

Autogeek's 3-Day Detail Class - February 23rd, 24th & 25th 2018 - Stuart, Florida

This class will be held from 7:30am to 5:30pm on these three days,

Friday, February 23rd, 2018
    Saturday, February 24th, 2018
    Sunday, February 25th, 2018

Optional - IDA Skills Validation Testing - Monday, February 26th

Click here to sign-up or for more information for the next class

The focus of our classes is always - Hands-on training.

People learn by doing... not sitting in a chair listing to someone blather on for hours... -Mike Phillips

How to sign up for a class

To sign-up over the phone, call Andre to reserve your seat before the class you want to attend sells out.

1-800-869-3011 x244

You can also sign-up online

Click here to sign-up for the February Competition Ready 3-Day Detailing Class

Price for 3-day class: $1,795.00

Note: Our classes always sell out so once you clear your schedule, get signed up before it's too late. At this time we hold these classes three times a year.

At Competition Ready Classes you learn both production detailing and show car detailing. You learn wet sanding and so much more. We always have cool cars for the class to learn on.

You will learn to take cars that look like this....

And make them look like this.....

The Competition Ready 3-Day Detailing Class takes place on a Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

OPTIONAL - IDA Skills Validation Testing

If you want to become an IDA Skills Validated Detailer, we give the Skills Validation practical test on Monday following the three day class. You have to have already taken and passed the online Certified Detailer tests.

More information about the Skills Validation Testing here,

IDA SV Certification Testing at Autogeek

Mike Phillips

First car for this class is a 1962 Impala. This car was scheduled for the September 2017 class but had to cancel. Owner says it will be ready for the February class in 2018

Mike Phillips

Here's another car for the February class...

Do you know the name Dan Gurney?

He is one of the most famous and accomplished race car drivers to ever sit behind the steering wheel...

Dan Gurney

1962 Indianapolis Motor Speedway - Dan Gurney in a John Zink Trackburner with a rear-mounted Boeing turbine engine.

Dan Gurney Special - Training Car for the February 3-Day Detailing Class

I'll share some info about him down below but for everyone attending the February 3-day detailing class here at Autogeek in Stuart, Florida, you're going to be working on a real and rare Dan Gurney Special in this class. You're actually going to be prepping it for the 2018 Boca Raton Concourse d'Elegance!

Thank you for your trust
    I would like to personally thank Mark Pieloch, the owner of this car and the American Muscle Car Museum for trusting us with this rare gem to prep for the Boca Raton Concourse d'Elegance. I would also like to thank Ed Dedick, the Operations and Restoration Manager for bringing this car from Melbourne, Florida to Stuart, Florida and also for signing up for and attending this class along with Jerry Frye, the Restoration Technician at the American Muscle Car Museum for also signing up for and attending the February class.

Here's the car...

1969 Cyclone Spoiler II Fastback - Dan Gurney Special

8. Likes JKDesign liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Mike,

This coming February will be the one year anniversary since my life altering experience with your class! Time flies when one still continues to digest the information and the knowledge obtained from your class. I am still processing this knowledge still. I will, one day, to make plans to return to Stuart for another "round" with you.

For those on the fence---take it. It will shave off years and years of "trial and error" and put you on the fast track in producing very high quality work!

And class is fun too...

Tom
    Mr Tommy's
    Wash, Buff, Wax

10. Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by TMQ View Post
    Hi Mike,

This coming February will be the one year anniversary since my life altering experience with your class! Time flies when one still continues to digest the information and the knowledge obtained from your class. I am still processing this knowledge still. I will, one day, to make plans to return to Stuart for another "round" with you.

For those on the fence---take it. It will shave off years and years of "trial and error" and put you on the fast track in producing very high quality work!

And class is fun too...

Tom

Time does fly Tom....

It was a genuine pleasure to have you in the class and even more rewarding is watch your progress as you share all your detailing projects on our forum.

I WISH all the people that have taken my classes over the last 18 years would participate on our forum.

Post Thanks / Like

Looking forward to seeing that old Chevy truck cleaned up. Very cool cars.

Does that Buick Electra has louvers inside the rear window? I really like the shape of that Electra. Looks very clean, that will look brand new in a few days!

Mike Phillips

***Confirmed***

Just confirmed Mike Gelter will be bringing his freshly painted 1948 Suburban Streetrod for the wetsanding class.

This is the real deal, that is a real streetrod with a custom paint job. Everyone that signed up for this class will get to learn how to hand sand and machine damp sand to remove orange peel and create a true show car finish.

14. Likes LEDetailing, Aaryn NZ, miniSguy liked this post