autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

List of cars for our September Competition Ready 3-Day Class

List of cars for our September Competition Ready 3-Day Class

Here's the updated list of the cars scheduled so far for the Friday session on Show Car Detailing at the upcoming Competition Ready 3-Day Detailing class.

I was told there's only 2-3 more spaces available for this class before it's sold out. So if you're wanting to attend then better get singed up fast online or call Andra and sign up over the phone. We always end up turning away people the weeks before the class as they alwasy fill up. Just friendly reminder...

Click here to sign-up online

Or Call Andre at

1-800-869-3011 x244

If he doesn't answer, leave him a voice mail and your phone number and he'll return your call

Here's the cars for the September class, I'll be adding a few more as we get closer.

Click the links to see more pictures of the cars and/or to get more information about each car.

1970 Plymouth Roadrunner Superbird 440 Sixpack Limelight Green - This is going to hurt your eyes!

Every inch of this car is SWIRLED OUT!

This is the prized car for this class. They only built these cars for one year. For the majority of people attending this class this will be the ONLY time in your life you get to "touch" one of these cars only you're going to do more than touch this car you're going to buff it out, remove the swirls and create a true show car finish.

Since Jeff Brown from Griot's is our VIP Guest for this class, we'll be going over the Griot's BOSS Paint Polishing System using this car and one more car yet to be determined.

Training Car for September Competition Ready Class - 1953 Mercury Hearse Streetrod

I don't have the swirl shots for this car but I've seen it in person and not only does it need to be clayed badly it's also due for a thorough polishing.

1970 Oldsmobile 442 - Training Car for the September Competition Ready 3-Day Detailing Class

I don't have the swirl shots for this car but the owner told me it's completely swirled out.

1962 Volkswagen - HOK PEARL Paint - Training Car for the September Competition Ready Detailing Class

1962 Volkswagen

1933 Ford Vicky - Training Car for the 2016 September Competition Ready Detailing Class

1933 Ford Vicky

1955 Chevy 210 - Training Car for the 2016 September Competition Ready Detailing Class

1955 Chevy 210

1967 Plymouth Satellite Convertible - Training Car for the 2016 September Competition Ready Detailing Class

1967 Plymouth Satellite Convertible

2008 Corvette Convertible - Training Car for the 2016 September Competition Ready Detailing Class

2008 Corvette Convertible

Sam Mascia's 1955 Nomad

I've seen the side of this car in the sun and the paint is completely filled with holograms

Earl Dempsy's wicked 1962 Impala SS
    This Implala has a 632 Cubic Inch BBC putting out over 900 GRUNT Horsepower.

Mike Phillips

Re: List of cars for our September Competition Ready 3-Day Class

Production Detailing Class

Besides teaching show car detailing, we also put a lot focus on production detailing because this is the majority of the market for anyone that details for profit.

Here are the vehicles we'll be using for the Production Detailing Class.

2016 Ford F350

2012 Ford F250 King Ranch

Wetsanding by hand and machine

For the wetsanding class, we'll be using rental cars... these are just examples, not the actual cars...

This is going to be another class that raises the bar for intense hands-on, cover every topic under the sun, car detailing class!

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome!
    You forgot the Rallye sport camaro

Post Thanks / Like

omg your killing meeee. over the top again !!! and that super bee w o w w o w w o w !!!!!

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by nothingface5384 View Post

You forgot the Rallye sport camaro

I'm so sorry to have to share that the 1968 Camaro Rally Sport has burned to the ground. I'm not sure what the story is behind how it happened except it was an accident.

So the Camaro has been replaced with another car.

Post Thanks / Like

Man, that's horrible
    Truelly hope he had collector insurance and over valued his agreed value so he may replace it easier!

Post Thanks / Like

Im not sure how Mike does it, but he certainly gets cool cars for these classes. Just when one thinks he cant possibly get anything better for the next class, here comes another list with super cool cars.

Post Thanks / Like

Lots of cool cars Mike, and that Superbird is typical of the collection of Superbirds and Daytona's that were at the Mopar Nats a couple of years ago.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by nothingface5384 View Post

Man, that's horrible

Truly hope he had collector insurance and over valued his agreed value so he may replace it easier!

Next time I see him I'll get an update as to the status of replacing the Camaro.

And "yes" very sad to lose such a fine example of the 1968 Camaro Rally Sport Convertible. Here's a picture of this car...

Mike Phillips

***Bump***

List is updated.

I've added a few more cars to fill out this class. This is going to be a fun class!

Training Car Flow Chart

To help keep everyone organized as we work through all the tools for show car detailing, production detailing and wetsanding, cutting and buffing, here's the Training Car Flow Chart for this class.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast