autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Mike Phillips

1972 GTO Convertible Training Car for the May Competition Ready 3-Day Detailing Classes

1972 GTO Convertible Training Car for the May Competition Ready 3-Day Detailing Classes

For those of you that are attending my May 3-day Competition Ready detailing class here's yet another cool ride we're going to use for training purposes. Every tool set gets multiple cars so YOU get tons of real-world, hand-on experience using all the coolest tools on the coolest cars.

I present an all original 1972 GTO Convertible - Hacked up by the misuse of a rotary buffer

1972 GTO Convertible

Since the link to this thread is going out to everyone attending the May class... remember... if you want to take the IDA Skills Validation testing and certification you must reserve your time slot for Monday, May 9th.

For more information click the link below.

IDA SV Certification Testing at Autogeek

See everyone on Friday, May 6th and be sure to get a great night's sleep as you're going to need it.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 1972 GTO Convertible Training Car for the May Competition Ready 3-Day Detailing Classes

<---- drooling

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 1972 GTO Convertible Training Car for the May Competition Ready 3-Day Detailing Classes

oooooooo mmmmmmmm gggggggg mike your killin me.. im so stoked to be a part of the next class i can wait !!!!!!

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by ronkh57 View Post

<---- drooling

Quote Originally Posted by axel06 View Post

oooooooo mmmmmmmm gggggggg mike your killin me.. im so stoked to be a part of the next class i can wait !!!!!!

This is another barn find car with the original paint. I'll get the back story for the May class.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    This is another barn find car with the original paint. I'll get the back story for the May class.

Just when you think all the barns have been emptied . . . Stunning looking car, tell me Mike - down here around the same era Holden (product of GM) had a model called the Monaro & it had similar, if not the same wheels as this GTO. (which ironicaly is another bizarre story of the two cars for another day) So - just wondering if the wheels are that weird rubber composite stuff & they have the spongy spokes???

Also Mike, it may be just the way I read it on the IDA website but the SV testing that will be happening after Compitition Ready, is it one two hour test session to be SV or do you have to attend X amount of SV test sessions to become SV? This is something I would really like to do & attending another Compitition Ready class would be a bonus too seeing as I would have to fly so far to get there. Detail Fest is a huge drawcard for me also . . . IDA SV testing day within the same week . . . hint hint . . .

Aaryn NZ.