autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mike Phillips

Re: Review: Pinnacle Crystal Si02 Spray

Sorry to say that this Camaro has left the building! It has a very radical camshaft profile and really "shakes the air" when the motor fires up. As the owner drove out of the garage and took a right the sun light up the side of the car. My natural instincts were to look for an smears or smudges I might have missed but I didn't see any. What I did see was a blinding orange fire of color that looked freaking incredible. The owner was very happy with the results.

I don't normally play around with Photoshop, that's Yancy's area of expertise but the car looked so cool in the garage I tweaked one of the pictures to get this cartoon version....

And in black-n-white

Cool car and my favorite color too...

2. Likes Diner, acuRAS82, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    As we’ve recommended in the past, for optimal product results, it’s best to stick with one brand for that synergistic compatibility. So if you’ve always used Wolfgang products and you have the Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant on your vehicle, go with the Wolfgang Uber Silica Spray. If you have BLACKFIRE Paint Coating on your paint, go with the BLACKFIRE SiO2 Spray Sealant.
    Does PBMG have any recommendations for which might be best to use on PBL products? I’m into these thicker sprays more than the PBL Booster, so figured I would ask.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post

Does PBMG have any recommendations for which might be best to use on PBL products? I’m into these thicker sprays more than the PBL Booster, so figured I would ask.
    I think PBMG would recommend the product showcased in this review/how-to.

It's a lot more substantial than the PBL Booster, (which I use), and the other two Si02 product you asked about.

5. Thanks acuRAS82 thanked for this post
    Likes acuRAS82 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

***Bump***

This product is now available on the Autogeek Store

Mike,

Very timely review. I just ordered this first thing this morning with the 12 Days of Christmas Sale special. I've been using a lot of the Pinnacle products and plan on performing the steps you outlined on my daily driver work vehicle as soon as the weather chooses to cooperate. The Camaro looks great!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review, Mike. The car turned out great! It looks super glossy and even wet

... it’s best to stick with one brand for that synergistic compatibility. So if you’ve always used Wolfgang products and you have the Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant on your vehicle, go with the Wolfgang Uber Silica Spray. If you have BLACKFIRE Paint Coating on your paint, go with the BLACKFIRE SiO2 Spray Sealant. Each of these products provides exceptional results and you can’t go wrong with any of them!

I've been doing that with Blackfire and the wife's Kia. Wet Ice Over Fire and Blackfire Waterles/Rinseless. When the rain stops, I'll use the BF Wash and Wax next.
    The Kia has never looked so good!

I sometimes wonder if Blackfire SiO2 would improve the looks any. Would it even be compatible with the Sealant/Wax combo that's on there?

It has a very radical camshaft profile and really "shakes the air" when the motor fires up.
    How I miss the lumpity cam profile of my old '67 Deuce.

Cool car and my favorite color too...

My favorite color as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Mike, I would be honored and more than willing to do a thorough product review here if you forward me a bottle!

Let me know what you need.

Post Thanks / Like

about to use this in a bit. I had to do a hard iron wash yesterday after driving on bad brakes for way way to long. Paint was totally contaminated even the roof all from the rear passenger side break. Anyway I just detailed it july 4th before having the break issue.

I might poly clay the car in spots but def don't have time to polish. I'll try to post up some pics. Ive used this stuff once before and it was very impressive.

Anyone know how to make rotors shiny? The slotted plated ones?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    about to use this in a bit. I had to do a hard iron wash yesterday after driving on bad brakes for way way to long. Paint was totally contaminated even the roof all from the rear passenger side break. Anyway I just detailed it july 4th before having the break issue.

I might poly clay the car in spots but def don't have time to polish. I'll try to post up some pics. Ive used this stuff once before and it was very impressive.

Anyone know how to make rotors shiny? The slotted plated ones?
    What LSP did you put on July 4th? I look forward to pics.

I briefly used this a month ago on a non-prepped surface and was very impressed with the beading afterwards.

Post Thanks / Like

Both my car and the wife's are coated. I use Pinnacle Si02 Mist now after every wash and it's INCREDIBLE!

Like I said earlier in this thread, my favorite after wash QD has been Pinnacle's Crystal Mist. While still a GREAT QD, for my coated cars and coated clients they get the new Si02 QD!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Paul A. View Post
    Both my car and the wife's are coated. I use Pinnacle Si02 Mist now after every wash and it's INCREDIBLE!

Like I said earlier in this thread, my favorite after wash QD has been Pinnacle's Crystal Mist. While still a GREAT QD, for my coated cars and coated clients they get the new Si02 QD!
    Just to confirm, you are talking about Pinnacle Crystal SiO2 Spray Sealant and not the new PBL SiO2 Quick Detailer, correct?

I agree Pinnacle Crystal SiO2 Spray is very good. Quite a bit better than BF SiO2 which is a great product. Better shine and beading in my opinion... seems more concentrated.

13. Likes mbkite liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12