autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Mike Phillips

Review: BLACKFIRE Plex Pro Plastic Cleaner & Protectant

Review: BLACKFIRE Plex Pro Plastic Cleaner & Protectant

Now this is a super handy product that everyone should own!

BLACKFIRE Plex Pro Plastic Cleaner & Protectant

BLACKFIRE Plex Pro can be used to clean and protect all types of clear plastics as well as colored plastics, like you'll see below when we're cleaning up the plastic bodies on some Golf Carts. Besides plastic surfaces, BLACKFIRE Plex Pro can be used to clean and protect,

1. Chrome
    2. Formica
    3. Porcelain
    4. Fiberglass
    5. Marble

And a lot more....

A trip to Pete's Garage
    Because we don't have a ton of plastic surfaces here at Autogeek that lend themselves well to a thorough testing of this product, this last Sunday, after the Palm Beach Cars & Coffee car show (with Christy Lee as our special guest), I made the trip to my brother-in-law's house. My brother-in-law Pete, is a true car guy. Pete has brought us LOTS of his personal cars for our classes and car detailing projects over the years including recently when we detailed his 700+ HP Hennessy Corvette.

So a shout-out and thank you to Pete for being a great friend to Autogeek over the years.

Golf Cart Windshields - Lots of plastic!
    Besides being a car guy, Pete is also a motorcycle guy and has his own business building custom Golf Carts as well as being one of the largest online suppliers of Gold Cart parts and custom accessories. I called Pete and asked him if he had anything at the shop or his garage that I could use to test out this new product in the BLACKFIRE line and he said he was home this Sunday but his garage was full of toys - so come on over!

So I arrive at Pete's house and he has 3 Golf Carts and 2 cool motorcycles, I'll get to the bikes below. First up is the Ford F150 Gold Cart, with a lift kit, custom stereo, big tires and custom wheels. Pretty cool for a Golf Cart. It also has a huge tinted folding windshield, perfect for testing out the new BLACKCFIRE Plex Pro

First - spray on a liberal amount of the BLACKFIRE Plex Pro

Next, softly wipe the surface with a clean, microfiber towel...

This is actually a "Reflection Shot". I'm shooting the reflection of the world outside reflecting off the windshield I just cleaned.

Besides cleaning clear plastics, you can also clean colored or solid plastics like the body of this Golf Cart.

Just treat like clear plastic. Spray on a liberal amount and the gently wipe the surface clean.

After I cleaned the outside of the Golf Cart Pete lends a hand to clean the inside of the windshield so I can take the pictures...

Perfectly clean!

With this one product and a few clean microfiber towels you can pretty much clean and protect this entire Gold Car.

Review
    I was totally impressed with the versatility of this product as well as how it performed. It's super simple to use, simply spray on, wipe off look through clean, clear plastic.

Pete was so impressed with how well this product worked, he's going to look into purchasing to resell to his customers as he knows every Golf Cart owner needs this product.

On Autogeek.com

Mike Phillips

Re: Review: BLACKFIRE Plex Pro Plastic Cleaner & Protectant

Continued...

Pete asked if I could leave the can of BLACKFIRE Plex Pro with him and because I wasn't sure if any of my co-workers needed it for pictures or anything else I told him I had to take it with me but I would get him his own can as a way of saying thank you for letting me use his Golf Carts and his Bikes for my review. Because I couldn't leave it with him, he figure he would go ahead and finish the other 2 Golf Carts.

Here's Pete cleaning the Club Car he recently acquired for modifications.

And here's the first two Golf Carts clean and ready for the Golf Course!

Mike Phillips

Continued....

Once Pete started, it was hard to stop him so I just stayed out of the way...

Mike Phillips

Continued....

Why stop after the Golf Carts?

The BLACKFIRE Plex Pro is versatile, you can clean just about anything with it! Here's two motorcycles that needed not only the windshields cleaned but the chrome too!

This first bike is a 2000 Suzuki Hayabusa 1300. After purchase, this bike was stripped down and built from the ground up. Everything has been custom painted, chromed or polished. It has been raced at the Isle of Man, which is a motorcycle race and also a tiny country between England and Ireland.

Here's the Lexan windscreen...

Some leftover dead bug parts....

Next we'll get the inside only for this, we'll spray the Plex Pro onto a clean microfiber towel and then apply to the windscreen

Perfectly clean!

While Plex Pro is not specifically for clearcoat paint, if you use just a little common sense you can certainly use it like a waterless wash for small parts like you find on a motorcycle...

Plex Pro is a great chrome cleaner and it's fast and easy....

Clean and beautiful!

Here's PJ - He loves riding this bike but he says when he does take it out, he's dressed properly as in, he's not going to wear shorts and flip-flops.

You can dang near clean just about everything with just this one product...

Big Bad Cruiser
    Here's PJ's cruiser. This is a completely dressed out 2010 Harley Davidson, CVO Ultra Classic Electra Glide (FLHTCUSE5). It has a 110 cubic inch engine with 6 speed transmission and oil cooler. Stage 2 induction with Vance & Hines Power Dual exhaust (Chipped and Dyno Jetted) 116 ft/lbs torque at 106.02 HP. Hydraulic clutch, cruse control, security system, remote electric saddlebag locks, navigation system, XM radio with premium sound amplifier, CB with integrated intercoms, heated grips & seats with adjustable tour pack and lumbar support. Color is Burnt Amber/Hot Citrus w/ Bronze Flames.

Cleaning the inside...

Bug splatter on the outside...

There's lots of chrome on this Harley and BLACKFIRE Plex Pro makes quick work of getting it clean to make it shine!

Last comments...

This is an incredibly versatile product. Every detailer, whether mobile or brick-n-mortar, should have this product. It's a great safe all purpose cleaner for just about any surface and especially for plastic. I'm pretty sure if I take a can of this home for my wife Stacy she'll love it for our marble counter tops.

On Autogeek.com

Mike Phillips

***Bump***

The Plex Pro is now available on the AG Store!

Did anyone like the Heyabusa? I think it's pretty cool.

I used to ride big bikes, so when I see bikes like the Hayabusa makes me long to ride a bike again.