autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Wolfgang Uber SiO2 Silica Spray

Ok guys! Appreciate the update on the towels.

David

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by david b View Post

Great review as always Mike!
    Oh.... just so-so in my opinion... but I got a car wash and seal out of the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by david b View Post

Do the microfiber towels clean up ok afterwards?

Thanks,
    David
    Yes, no problems. I do pretty much all the laundry for the garage and afterwards, I fold them and store them and when I fold them I also do a quick inspection like I show here,

How, why & when to inspect your microfiber towels when detailing cars

FWIW - I consider the above the most important article I've ever written.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice rpeview, as SiO2 spray on sealant, it’s a different approach to McKee’s Si02 sealant where you have to spray and rinse with stream of water. Wolfgang Uber here and the blackfire Si0 spray sealant seems Similiar where they both can be applied to a clean and dry, prepped surface, Can McKee’s SiO2 be applied the same way !??? Or just applied with streamed water

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

I’m not attacking this product or any SiO2 spray on product but how do they measure hardness when it is so very thin? It is not thick like a coating product. I think that this is the only SiO2 spray product that speaks to hardness. Most manufacturers use pencil hardness as a measure and we are all familiar with 9h being the hardest (I’ve seen 10h but I don’t believe it). So is this product 1h? What measure do they use?

How long it lasts is a loaded question. If you keep it garaged and never touch it and oxygen does no harm it lasts indefinitely. Now on a DD that lives in Florida and gets subjected to rain and 100 degree days if it lasts two weeks you will be lucky. You have to wash the vehicle anyway so reapply. Mix it with your favorite rinseless wash and create a cheap drying aid.

How does it compare to PBL Coating Booster or Blackfire SiO2 Spray or (fill in the blank)well buy all three and put them side by side and if you see a difference I will be shocked. I have tested 12 different SiO2 sprays and there was only one that looked different on application and in 24 hours I couldn’t tell one from another as they all looked good. How many manufacturers show pictures of their product with another product side by side and say their product is glossier than another? Zero. Take that for what it’s worth.

5. Thanks DUBL0WS6 thanked for this post
    Likes VitreousHumor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    I’m not attacking this product or any SiO2 spray on product but how do they measure hardness when it is so very thin? It is not thick like a coating product. I think that this is the only SiO2 spray product that speaks to hardness. Most manufacturers use pencil hardness as a measure and we are all familiar with 9h being the hardest (I’ve seen 10h but I don’t believe it). So is this product 1h? What measure do they use?
    I would think they measure hardness like many others, that is, via the marketing department. Or in this his case, pencil hardness gives way to 'rock hardness'.

I'm sure this product works well, as many similar products do; the hyperbole of the description does stand out though.

7. Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Can you layer Canauba on top of Wolfgang Uber SiO2 Silica Spray ?

And about how long does Wolfgang Uber SiO2 Silica Spray last ?

Thx.

Post Thanks / Like

I would love to see some durability results as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Guessing Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic and Mothers CMX will match if not outlast Wolfgang SiO2 at a lot lower price point. Time will tell.

Post Thanks / Like

The last comment on this thread kinda left an open point. "Guessing Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic and Mothers CMX will match if not outlast Wolfgang SiO2 at a lot lower price point. Time will tell."

Has anyone compared the Wolfgang Si02 to one of these less expensive products or anyone have an opinion or comment on this statement??

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I used this today on my Wife's black Grand Cherokee. It already had a layer of Wolfgang SiO2 Paint Sealant that I applied a few weeks ago. I washed and dried the vehicle first. Applied the SiO2 Silica Spray in 65 degree weather and out of any sunlight. As soon as I sprayed it, it began streaking. I used a dampened microfiber towel to even out product and another dry microfiber towel to buff it off but every time I applied it to a new area it streaked. I tried applying it and then buffing immediately and the same streaking happened. I think I was able to get most of the streaks out with some a lot of buffing, going over areas several times but will have to wait until morning to see how it looks. Wondering if this is because the SUV is black.

13. Thanks Craig Encinitas thanked for this post
    Likes Craig Encinitas liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast