autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: 3D ONE Hybrid Cutting Compound and Finishing Polish

Quote Originally Posted by Hella JDM View Post
    I have used ironX on my wheels, it’s still not a wheel cleaner. Conversely, I’m not using Adams Wheel Cleaner on my paint. Both have the chemical that removed iron in them.
    I use DUB Wheel Cleaner exclusively on my paint. I never use it on my wheels.
    Why? Because it makes economical sense + it just flat out works. Not to mention it doesn’t stink like rotten eggs.Review: 3D ONE Hybrid Cutting Compound and Finishing Polish

And this bottle of Megs Ultimate Wheel Cleaner has only been used on 1 wheel for testing purposes... The rest has been strictly used on paint. DUB works better though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I use DUB Wheel Cleaner exclusively on my paint. I never use it on my wheels.
    Why? Because it makes economical sense + it just flat out works. Not to mention it doesn’t stink like rotten eggs.Review: 3D ONE Hybrid Cutting Compound and Finishing Polish

And this bottle of Megs Ultimate Wheel Cleaner has only been used on 1 wheel for testing purposes... The rest has been strictly used on paint. DUB works better though.

Cool beans.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hella JDM View Post
    Cool beans.
    Aight. Lol

Post Thanks / Like

If that’s the case, then why do so many people [i.e. on youtube] seem to believe that IronX is the optimal product to use for cleaning their wheels? If normL wheel cleaners are effective at removing iron particles, then why do so many people use IronX on their wheels?

I could be wrong, but from my experience the only kind of wheel cleaners that are effective at completely removing iron particles besides the dedicated iron removers such as IronX and the rest of the color changing products are acid based wheel cleaners.
    I think that the concentration of the iron remover chemical is a bit less in a wheel cleaner vs dedicated iron removers.

Have don't seen the Megs All Wheel Cleaner vs Gyeon Iron. Witch did best at removing iron particals on the paint?

Saw a video when he compared cheap clay disc vs Sonax clay disc. And straight from the box to the paint. Then the Sonax clay disc didn't do well. That's why he did not break it in on the glass first. And would be written to how to use it on the box. So that test was a completly no test. And often a clay alternative has to be broken in on the glass first to get the protective layer off. If not doing that with some clay alternatives you can have an unpleasant surprise with scratching the heck out of your paint. Most and not all do this and that's why many has dismissed them because of they scratched the paint for them.

5. Likes Belo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Aight. Lol

I mean you kinda proved my point. You absolutely can use an iron centric based wheel cleaner on paint. Hell go use it around your house to remove iron deposits, it will work, just like IronX will work. Doesn't mean that by using a wheel cleaner on your paint, you aren't possibly putting chemicals on your paint that are harsh, or more of a concern to me, leaving something behind. I prefer to use products for their intended purpose, which is why I have a dedicated wheel cleaner, and an iron decon remover. In the end, use what works for you, if DUB is your jam, that's awesome. But its my opinion, and I could be totally alone on this, that if you are going to showcase and compare a product, you should use it for its intended purpose and if it has other uses, you can prove WHY it won't harm other surfaces by using it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    I think that the concentration of the iron remover chemical is a bit less in a wheel cleaner vs dedicated iron removers.

Have don't seen the Megs All Wheel Cleaner vs Gyeon Iron. Witch did best at removing iron particals on the paint?

He didn't use them on paint, he used them on wheels, and spoiler alert, the wheel cleaner worked on wheels, but it happened to be cheaper, so the cheaper product was "better"

8. Thanks SWETM thanked for this post
    Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Review: 3D ONE Hybrid Cutting Compound and Finishing Polish

Update on ONE....so I received a shinemate black diamond yellow cutting pad and teamed it up with ONE on the soft black paint I’ve been working on. I gotta say, this combo removed a decent amount of defects and finished GREAT for a cutting pad on soft paint. I then followed it up with the shinemate black diamond red finishing pad. Finished better, but still left a little haze behind. So, ONE should do very well on medium to hard paint. It’s oily upon wipe off, especially if overused, but the initial residue wipes off easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    '03 Corvette Z06

10. Thanks JustJesus thanked for this post
    Likes The Guz, SWETM, dwaleke, dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually, ONE is great to CUT on soft black paint, but you’ll want to finish with something else. Review: 3D ONE Hybrid Cutting Compound and Finishing Polish

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    '03 Corvette Z06

12. Likes dlc95, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds good Mark!

I just placed my order for One, Polish +, Cut +, and Poxy.

I'm gonna take a leap into some of these higher end ACA liquids too in the near future.

I'm really digging 3D's concept on abrasives.

We'll see.

I also hope to find something that dusts less than M100.

14. Likes WRAPT C5Z06, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    Sounds good Mark!

I just placed my order for One, Polish +, Cut +, and Poxy.

I'm gonna take a leap into some of these higher end ACA liquids too in the near future.

I'm really digging 3D's concept on abrasives.

We'll see.

I also hope to find something that dusts less than M100.
    Awesome, Dan!

They're all nice products. You're very familiar with non-diminishing abrasives, so these are all up your alley. Although, they definitely have a different polishing feel than Meg's SMAT polishes. HD Polish+ is bubba proof and finishes very well. I don't have a ton of experience with Cut+, but the times I tried it, I liked it. Currently, My main focus with 3D polishes is ONE. I haven't used it a ton, but I'm liking it more an more. A little really goes a long way! I haven't experienced dust so far. It's give a real nice buffing feel. Good lubrication. Does not dry out. I really haven't put its cutting ability to the test, as I've only used it on soft black paint. It does leave an oily residue(like some Menzerna) upon wipe-off, so I'm going to try using less and see what happens. I am huge fan of non-diminshing abrasives, but I do not have one single Meg's polish in my arsenal(anymore). I find 3D polishes easier to work with.

Please let us know your thoughts!!!!!

FWIW, my current favorite all around polish is Sonax Perfect Finish!!!!!!
    '03 Corvette Z06

16. Likes SWETM, dlc95 liked this post
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast