autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: 3D ONE Hybrid Cutting Compound and Finishing Polish

Quote Originally Posted by Hella JDM View Post
    I disagree. His videos are all very inconsistent and non scientific tests. Most of the time he is comparing two different products, for example he compared the Gyeon iron remover to Megs wheel cleaner... He didn't even use 3D One correctly then made a comparison of it. Honestly, for being a "pro" detailer, it is shocking what basic stuff he doesn't know about detailing and products...
    You are so right!

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Most of the time he is comparing two different products, for example he compared the Gyeon iron remover to Megs wheel cleaner...
    Assuming he used Megs Ultimate Wheel Cleaner, what’s the big difference between those 2 products?

Post Thanks / Like

Review: 3D ONE Hybrid Cutting Compound and Finishing Polish

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Assuming he used Megs Ultimate Wheel Cleaner, what’s the big difference between those 2 products?
    Some iron removing wheel cleaners don’t go after just iron. A better comparison would have been between IronX and Gyeon Iron. Also, you don’t compare an AIO to a non-AIO.

'03 Corvette Z06

4. Likes dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WRAPT C5Z06 View Post
    Some iron removing wheel cleaners don’t go after just iron. A better comparison would have been between IronX and Gyeon Iron. Also, you don’t compare an AIO to a non-AIO.

So I guess that makes the more affordable Meguiars Ultimate Wheel Cleaner twice as good as Gyeon Iron? Lol.Review: 3D ONE Hybrid Cutting Compound and Finishing Polish

And I hear you in regards to the Non AIO vs. AIO, but I wasn’t talking about that.Review: 3D ONE Hybrid Cutting Compound and Finishing Polish

Post Thanks / Like

They are completely different products. An iron remover can be used on wheels sure, but it’s sole purpose is to remove iron, it isn’t a cleaner. Wheel cleaners typically have iron removers in them because that is primarily what most brake pads have in them, but they also have cleansers that clean general dirt and grime which iron iron removers DONT have.

Jimbo does this with a lot of videos, he compares dissimilar products that have different price points and gives a total shadetree analysis. A lot of what he does, doesn’t even emulate real world comparisons. He did a “cheap versus expensive” drying towel comparison and the towels weren’t even the same size towel....

3D One and HD Speed are different products. They aren’t marketed as similar products nor should they be compared as such.

7. Likes dlc95, Belo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

They are completely different products. An iron remover can be used on wheels sure, but it’s sole purpose is to remove iron, it isn’t a cleaner. Wheel cleaners typically have iron removers in them because that is primarily what most brake pads have in them, but they also have cleansers that clean general dirt and grime which iron iron removers DONT have.
    If that’s the case, then why do so many people [i.e. on youtube] seem to believe that IronX is the optimal product to use for cleaning their wheels? If normL wheel cleaners are effective at removing iron particles, then why do so many people use IronX on their wheels?

I could be wrong, but from my experience the only kind of wheel cleaners that are effective at completely removing iron particles besides the dedicated iron removers such as IronX and the rest of the color changing products are acid based wheel cleaners.

Post Thanks / Like

If that’s the case, then why do so many people [i.e. on youtube] seem to believe that IronX is the optimal product to use for cleaning their wheels? If normL wheel cleaners are effective at removing iron particles, then why do so many people use IronX on their wheels?

I could be wrong, but from my experience the only kind of wheel cleaners that are effective at completely removing iron particles besides the dedicated iron removers such as IronX and the rest of the color changing products are acid based wheel cleaners.

I have used ironX on my wheels, it’s still not a wheel cleaner. Conversely, I’m not using Adams Wheel Cleaner on my paint. Both have the chemical that removed iron in them. You can use a car wash soap to clean wheels just like you can use a specific wheel cleaner, windex, Dawn etc. doesn’t mean they are as effective and it doesn’t mean they are specifically made for the way you are using it.

Post Thanks / Like

If the main purpose of this thread is to pile on and bash Jimbo, I simply don’t agree with that.. The dude is cool in my book + he’s out there detailing full time + taking the time to make content for fellow detailers to view. Is he going to please everyone on every vid he makes? No. But that’s alright it’s not the end of the world..

You should be thankful he even takes the time out of his busy day to even try and think about More detailing related stuff when the fact is most professional detailers would rather think of anything but detailing when they’re done for the day.

Cut the guy some slack. Or lets see some of y’all start pumping out some detailing videos on youtube for us to critique.Review: 3D ONE Hybrid Cutting Compound and Finishing Polish

Post Thanks / Like

If the main purpose of this thread is to pile on and bash Jimbo, I simply don’t agree with that.. The dude is cool in my book + he’s out there detailing full time + taking the time to make content for fellow detailers to view. Is he going to please everyone on every vid he makes? No. But that’s alright it’s not the end of the world..

You should be thankful he even takes the time out of his busy day to even try and think about More detailing related stuff when the fact is most professional detailers would rather think of anything but detailing when they’re done for the day.

Cut the guy some slack. Or lets see some of y’all start pumping out some detailing videos on youtube for us to critique.Review: 3D ONE Hybrid Cutting Compound and Finishing Polish
    Ok you love his videos, that’s great. I watch his videos, I enjoy some of them. But whether I like them or not doesn’t change the fact that he doesn’t even use the products properly that he’s trying to compare. If you can get your inspiration from him that’s great. It doesn’t change that he isn’t using products properly then making a conclusion based on the way he used it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    here's some great info...
    Their concept behind removing chemical "paint softeners", and relying on the abrasive to cut is really intriguing. So is the ceramics added to the aluminum.

With the Speed, it's a huge deal.

I wonder if the HD One dusts less than M100?

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast