autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: 3D ONE Hybrid Cutting Compound and Finishing Polish

Paired 3D ONE with Griot's BOSS MF pads. Results were excellent. Finish was great(much better than with LC MF cutting pads). I'm really liking the very high lubricity of ONE.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Autogeekonline mobile app
    '03 Corvette Z06

2. Thanks JustJesus thanked for this post
    Likes dlc95, BFEHB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WRAPT C5Z06 View Post
    Paired 3D ONE with Griot's BOSS MF pads. Results were excellent. Finish was great(much better than with LC MF cutting pads). I'm really liking the very high lubricity of ONE.

Wow WRAPT, you have certainly given ONE a thorough test ride. I just purchased a bottle, it has not shipped yet, and am curious to find out some feedback/opinions from the folks that have used ONE about which pads seem to work the best. I would be using it on a new 2018 Audi in Moonlight Blue (dark blue metallic). Other than several washes, I have not touched the car yet. So, I am planning to decontaminate the car, nanoskin and then correct/polish the car prior to a sealant and wax. The paint is in very good shape right now, it did not get too damaged at the dealer so I think it would need a very minor correction after the nanoskin. I have a pretty good variety of LC pads but really want to pair this product with the ideal pads. Thank you in advance for your feedback.

I forgot to mention I use a Porter Cable 7424 DA polisher. I have been thinking of upgrading that too.

4. Thanks WRAPT C5Z06 thanked for this post
    Likes WRAPT C5Z06 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BFEHB View Post
    Wow WRAPT, you have certainly given ONE a thorough test ride. I just purchased a bottle, it has not shipped yet, and am curious to find out some feedback/opinions from the folks that have used ONE about which pads seem to work the best. I would be using it on a new 2018 Audi in Moonlight Blue (dark blue metallic). Other than several washes, I have not touched the car yet. So, I am planning to decontaminate the car, nanoskin and then correct/polish the car prior to a sealant and wax. The paint is in very good shape right now, it did not get too damaged at the dealer so I think it would need a very minor correction after the nanoskin. I have a pretty good variety of LC pads but really want to pair this product with the ideal pads. Thank you in advance for your feedback.

I forgot to mention I use a Porter Cable 7424 DA polisher. I have been thinking of upgrading that too.
    Hi, I think ONE is a nice product. I think it will do well on your Audi, as it probably has paint on the hard side. ONE would not be my first choice on soft paint, so you should be fine. Always do a test spot. With the PC, you might have to go a bit more aggressive, even with light defects, but as I said, test spot! Good luck!

'03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WRAPT C5Z06 View Post
    To be clear, it does not stick to the paint, it just requires too much buffing(oils smear). A prep wipe is definitely needed to see what you're working with. I was using 3 "large" pea sized drops. Today, I decreased to "small" pea sized drops which seemed to help. I do like how lubricated it is.
    Agree. I've finally given a good test and it seems to be a decent product. The solvents and oils are a bit overdone IMO. I still think M205/210 will be my go-to polishes if I'm just picking a general purpose polish - not a coating prep with an SiO2 base that is. They work and they remove easier.

I will say the lubricity of the product is good though. If I find the need to extend the working time of something, no doubt a drop of ONE will do. Still overall not sure how I will fit it into my arsenal of products.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    Agree. I've finally given a good test and it seems to be a decent product. The solvents and oils are a bit overdone IMO. I still think M205/210 will be my go-to polishes if I'm just picking a general purpose polish - not a coating prep with an SiO2 base that is. They work and they remove easier.

I will say the lubricity of the product is good though. If I find the need to extend the working time of something, no doubt a drop of ONE will do. Still overall not sure how I will fit it into my arsenal of products.
    What’s on the top of your list as far as polishes to use pre coating?

8. Thanks Dan K thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I absolutely love 3D ONE. I have gone through two 32oz bottles and just got a gallon. Stuff is a money maker. Paired with a Rupes yellow or BS yellow it has delivered awesome correction in one step.
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto Detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection

10. Thanks Diner thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Justin at Final Inspection View Post
    I absolutely love 3D ONE. I have gone through two 32oz bottles and just got a gallon. Stuff is a money maker. Paired with a Rupes yellow or BS yellow it has delivered awesome correction in one step.
    What lsp do you usually go with on top of it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    What lsp do you usually go with on top of it?
    I always do a prep wipe after all of my finishing polishes using IGL Precoat. I have used all the igl coatings with it and IGL Premier. I heard somewhere you can coat right over it but I would never trust it.
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto Detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection

13. Thanks Eldorado2k, Diner thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    What’s on the top of your list as far as polishes to use pre coating?
    For low to medium corrections I enjoy Megs 205/210 polishes. It seems to be my go-to mainly because it's so tried and proven. On softer paints I'll use pefect finish or Scholls. One steps, Rupes UHS Product finishes out great too. Bit pricey but it's been awesome for me.

If I'm doing a low correction I love CarPro Essence or GYEON's Primer depending on which brand coating I'm applying. If you need to compound/polish you really can't beat CarPro ClearCut and then Essence. I had to buff out a pretty bad scrape on my Infiniti this weekend where someone must have grazed my car and that combo made me smile again.

I follow ALL my corrections and polishes with a good prep wipe down. Hope the above helps.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

15. Thanks Eldorado2k, Diner thanked for this post
    Likes BudgetPlan1, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

do you do a wipe down after carpro essence?

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122 LastLast