autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: 3D ONE Hybrid Cutting Compound and Finishing Polish

Mike as you and others are well aware im in the desert so a product that can stay on and dry and still wipe off with ease is a game changer, much like how SPEED was a must have in my detail kit, ive been using megs d300 and menz 400 but now im thinking that ONE might need to be added to the mix... any chance there will be samples of these that we can pick up with checkout?

2. Likes dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My order is back ordered. Was hoping to try it out this weekend
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin47 View Post
    According to this guy 3D One has the same cut and finish as HD Speed

YouTube
    I have so many issues with this video review. Seems like he is misinformed on the purpose of the product. Too many ways to dissect how not good it really is.

5. Likes WRAPT C5Z06 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    I have so many issues with this video review. Seems like he is misinformed on the purpose of the product. Too many ways to dissect how not good it really is.
    that was terrible on so many levels

Post Thanks / Like

He has some good cheap vs expensive videos, this one was not the best
    Quote Originally Posted by john b View Post
    that was terrible on so many levels
    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

8. Likes dwaleke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Another video. This time from Don of 3D

10. Likes dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    Another video. This time from Don of 3D

Just watched this. I noticed a couple things while watching. One (pun intended) the haze it left behind used with a cutting pad. It must be softer paint and I can now understand wraptz06's results on using it with soft paint. Hard paint is a different story and this would probably finish out ok.

The other thing I noticed is the dusting generated. It was not a lot but definitely seen on this video. The product description states the following. Sure the temp and humidity plays a factor. I can't speak whether it will dust if I were to use it but knowing this, it is swaying my decision to pass on it.

3D One is a great product to use if you are a professional due to its non-existent dusting and incredibly long working time.
    Would have been nice to actually see the 3 different pads on each section rather than using the cutting pad on the entire section. It would have given a better idea on the cut and finish based on the pad and the paint. I don't see this as a game changer. Still requires a two step depending on the paint hardness and how trashed the paint is. I understand that 3D is pushing it as a versatile product so someone only needs one polish instead of two. So is it really saving time if we are back to a two step and switching over to another polish to finish with more gloss and clarity?

12. Likes dlc95, JustJesus liked this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

His second video doesn’t show superior cut to HD Speed either, am beginning to doubt claims that its faster cutting than HD Cut+. Early reviews have not been too convincing of claims. Real world reviews are generally more accurate than reviews generated by those driving sales.

14. Likes The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Review: 3D ONE Hybrid Cutting Compound and Finishing Polish

Just watched this. I noticed a couple things while watching. One (pun intended) the haze it left behind used with a cutting pad. It must be softer paint and I can now understand wraptz06's results on using it with soft paint. Hard paint is a different story and this would probably finish out ok.

The other thing I noticed is the dusting generated. It was not a lot but definitely seen on this video. The product description states the following. Sure the temp and humidity plays a factor. I can't speak whether it will dust if I were to use it but knowing this, it is swaying my decision to pass on it.

Would have been nice to actually see the 3 different pads on each section rather than using the cutting pad on the entire section. It would have given a better idea on the cut and finish based on the pad and the paint. I don't see this as a game changer. Still requires a two step depending on the paint hardness and how trashed the paint is. I understand that 3D is pushing it as a versatile product so someone only needs one polish instead of two. So is it really saving time if we are back to a two step and switching over to another polish to finish with more gloss and clarity?
    Even before I bought this product, I thought to myself, “any polishes cut and finish would change depending on pad choice”. FCC actually finished BETTER than ONE with a Rupes Yellow pad on the soft black paint. I wasn’t expecting that. Although, I’ve only used ONE for some test spot comparisons and haven’t experienced much dust, the dust in the video looked somewhat bad. As I said before, marketing goes a loooooonnggg way.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    '03 Corvette Z06

16. Thanks JustJesus thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzscarwash View Post
    He has some good cheap vs expensive videos, this one was not the best

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I disagree. His videos are all very inconsistent and non scientific tests. Most of the time he is comparing two different products, for example he compared the Gyeon iron remover to Megs wheel cleaner... He didn't even use 3D One correctly then made a comparison of it. Honestly, for being a "pro" detailer, it is shocking what basic stuff he doesn't know about detailing and products...

18. Likes WRAPT C5Z06 liked this post
Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast