autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: SONAX Spray + Seal Review by Mike Phillips

Wow. Interesting, indeed.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by fly07sti View Post

Thanks for the write up Mike. I was looking at this at Detail Fest and have been waiting for AG to have it in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post

Intresting product that I have had my eyes on for a while. Think I'm going to test this out when my Gyeon Wet Coat is empty. Look if you are able to ad their Sonax Wash+Seal car soap. Which is made to work in synergy with Spray & Seal.
    I have the Wash & Seal Car Wash soap in beta form too but I've only used it once. The one time I used it I noticed the same silky feel to the water when washing. Will have to use it some more to have a real world opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Parker View Post

Great review Mike, do you know how long the product lasts?

Or is the product applied after every wash?
    To be honest, I can't say how long a single application lasts as because I either don't see the cars I've washed (and detailed), again, or because I'm always doing something to my normal test vehicles.

SONAX makes great products, I would think as long as you're washing your care carefully the sealant would last 2, 3 months.

BUT - I also think that after you use it one time you're going to want to use it everytime simply due to how well it works, how nice it makes your car's paint feel and seriously.... how easy it makes drying your car.

Quote Originally Posted by Nix View Post

been using it since last month..Not sure but i think about 3 months..
    Thank you for chiming in...

Quote Originally Posted by DMiglio View Post

Does this work similarly to WetCoat or Hydro Blue in that it requires a strong, high pressure stream for the product to bond effectively?
    No. I'm not sure what the technology behind it is but each time I've used it I've used the "shower" setting on my spray nozzle.

In Mike’s review it seems as if a regular shower setting is all that’s needed!
    Well.... that's what I've been using and it's been working. I can check with tech support at SONAX and get their official recommendation.

Regardless, it looks to be another solid product from SONAX
    I really appreciate having the opportunity to have went to Neuburg, Germany and toured the SONAX factory. It's huge, well staffed and a top notch organization.

Quote Originally Posted by GEM65 View Post

Great stuff
    Thanks for chiming in...

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post

Wow. Interesting, indeed.

If you write a review, I'll send you a bottle to test out.

3. Likes PaulMys, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

SONAX Spray + Seal Review by Mike Phillips

Just washed and apply spray+seal and i was blown away.

Use Mike's shower method and no streak, application was a breezeReview: SONAX Spray + Seal Review by Mike Phillips
    The beading and sheeting is on par with freshly applied Brilliant shine detailer and the paint feels like applying a carnauba wax, slicker than Meguiars D156...
    So Slick!!! So Glossy!!! Review: SONAX Spray + Seal Review by Mike Phillips

Definitely will be my top LSP for now
    Review: SONAX Spray + Seal Review by Mike PhillipsReview: SONAX Spray + Seal Review by Mike PhillipsReview: SONAX Spray + Seal Review by Mike Phillips

5. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Love the current technology. Work smarter, not harder!
    2018 Colorado ZR2

7. Likes GEM65 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

SONAX Spray + Seal Review by Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by pro 4x View Post
    Love the current technology. Work smarter, not harder!
    Absolutely ✌️
    ease of application is my top priorityReview: SONAX Spray + Seal Review by Mike Phillips
    30% work = 100% result

Post Thanks / Like

Does Sonax spray&seal look as good as Geyon wet coat or MCk Hydro blue? Don't care about protection just looks, because I apply every week.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dogma View Post
    Does Sonax spray&seal look as good as Geyon wet coat or MCk Hydro blue? Don't care about protection just looks, because I apply every week.
    For me it falls between a sealant and carnauba.... A glossy finish with a hint of wet look Review: SONAX Spray + Seal Review by Mike Phillips

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like great stuff... really is fast and easy. Thanks Mike.

One question: do you have to use the towels to dry it off ? Assume yes.... I use an electric blower for drying. I can get the 3 pack of the towels shown if needed but if I can still just use the blower, that will work.

Post Thanks / Like

What an idiot I am! Yesterday I tried Sonax S+S and did it all wrong. I read the instructions, saw the video and read this thread and still did it wrong. I washed my car as usual and rinsed off. Before drying I sprayed on S+S in small areas such as half the hood, the trunk, a door panel, etc. But instead of rinsing it off I skipped that step for a reason that only a higher wisdom knows and went right to drying, using the product basically as I would AquaWax or any other drying aid. Big mistake. Huge mistake! When I finished I looked at the finish from all angles and sure enough, I saw haze on the finish. I needed a QD to work it all out. Not in all areas but there were enough that had haze on them that it doubled my work. I swore I would never use this pos again.

Today I remembered what I did and that it was all wrong so I started all over and washed the car again. This time I did it right and gave a good rinse off of the product before drying the car. What a difference! It had a nice shine to it and only took ten minutes to seal the whole thing, a piece of cake! And no haze whatsoever. I'm nearly 70 years old and this happens now and then so don't make fun of me because it will happen to you guys too some day - and I guarantee that. Anyway, S+S is a good product and does all it claims. I will use it again. Just follow the directions!!

13. Likes RDZL1, SWETM liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Shortspark View Post

Today I remembered what I did and that it was all wrong so I started all over and washed the car again. This time I did it right and gave a good rinse off of the product before drying the car.

What a difference!

It had a nice shine to it and only took ten minutes to seal the whole thing, a piece of cake!

And no haze whatsoever. I'm nearly 70 years old and this happens now and then so don't make fun of me because it will happen to you guys too some day - and I guarantee that.

Anyway, S+S is a good product and does all it claims.

I will use it again.

Just follow the directions!!

Wow!

Great post!

We used the SONAX Spray and Seal at the Indy Roadshow Class and everyone was impressed.

And "yes" I continue to use this on the Golden Eagle.

15. Likes GEM65, SWETM liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast