autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Mike Phillips

Review: Speed Master Single Polisher Rack & Double Polisher Rack

Review: Speed Master Single Polisher Rack & Double Polisher Rack

The Speed Master Double Polisher Rack

Some reviews for new products, pads or tools are complex and in-depth. This one? Not so much. In fact, my review can pretty much be summed up from an old phrase,

the best thing since sliced bread

Slicing bread down on the farm

I spent my youth growing up on a farm in Oregon. During the summers I worked on some Hay Bucking Teams. I'm proud to say, I've bucked a lot of hay in my life, hard work teaches you a strong work ethic.. My Aunt Chris baked all the bread the family ate from grains grown on the farm. The bread was hearty and very grainy, as in whole grain bread. Besides baking the bread, she would slice it for our sandwiches that we took in our lunches each day when we drove out to the hay fields to bring in the hay. Unlike machine sliced bread you get from the store, the human sliced bread was much thicker, maybe half inch to 3/4" of an inch thick for each slice. This made for very thick sandwiches which were also made using everything grown on the farm including the meat.

Tool protection and organization

While I miss these thick meaty sandwiches I appreciate modern bread that comes pre-sliced. And these new tool holder racks are definitely the best thing since sliced bread. They are available as a single polisher tool rack or a double polisher tool rack and they will hold pretty much any polisher you might have in your garage. You can mount them to the wall or like Yancy did, to the side of a detailing cart. These tool racks are made from powder coated steel with a vinyl wrapped lip to protect your tools while placed in the rack. The racks come with multiple pre--drilled holes to make mounting them fast and easy. Quality polishers can range from $100.00 to $400.00+ and for this kind of investment you want to protect your investment. The Speed Master Tool Racks give your tools a home to protect them and also keep you organized. Below the vinyl covered tool rest is a slotted compartment to hold the tool's power cord keeping it off the floor and preventing damage.

I'll let the pictures do the talking....

Here's the Double Polisher Rack holding a DeWALT 849X and a Griot's 6" Random Orbital Polisher

In this picture you can see how the electric cords can be coiled and stored out of the way in the slotted chamber.

The Speed Master Double and Single Tool Racks will hold just about any polisher with it's universal design.

The Speed Master Tool Racks are also a great way to store your cordless tools. Here's my FLEX Cordless PE14 safe at home.

Here's the Cordless FLEX XFE7 and the PE14 snug as a bug in a rug.

Here's the Speed Master Double Polisher Rack mounted to the side of a Universal Grit Guard Detailing Cart with a Griot's Garage 6" Random Orbital Polisher and a FLEX 3401 safely held onto the cart.

And the cords are nested away in the lower cord tray.

Here you can see the protective red vinyl covering the edge of the laser cutouts to protect your tools from marring and scarring.

RUPES polishers, from one size extreme to the other nestled perfectly into place on the Speed Master Double Polisher Rack.

Here's two Griot's BOSS polishers resting in the rack in-between car detailing projects.

Here's a trusty, dusty free spinning 8mm Porter Cable 7424XP and a Makita PO5000C 5mm gear-driven polisher hanging on the Speed Master Double Polisher Rack.

And a FLEX PE14 Rotary Polisher and FLEX XFE7 15mm free spinning long stroke orbital polisher looking at home next to the Maserati GT Sport

Need to show some care and protection for the Makita and DeWALT rotary buffers.

And there you go - the Speed Master Tool Racks - they protect your tools and keep you organized!

On Autogeek.com

All Speed Master Polisher Racks

2. Thanks Aaryn NZ, Diner thanked for this post
    Likes Aaryn NZ, JKDesign, PaulMys liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Re: Review: Speed Master Single Polisher Rack & Double Polisher Rack

***Bump***

Store link is now live!

Post Thanks / Like

Yet another cool detailing tool to add to my ever-growing collection

I like the idea of attaching it directly to the detailing cart. Just wondering - is there enough room to hang a polisher(Flex 3401/PC 7424XP) WITH the pad attached? 5.5 or 6.5 pads are the largest ones I use. Or do you have to remove the pad?

I couldn't tell from the pics if you had a pad attached. This would come in handy when I'm moving from panel to panel or the phone rings and I need to stop what I'm doing.

Excellent review as always!
    David

5. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Will be a part of my next order, for sure!

I built my own cart, with half round cut outs in the side of the top shelf, only to find out they won't hold my polishers "upright" like this would. They're still nice to lay the handle into, as it keeps the polisher from tipping over, but that way takes up a lot of valuable real estate on the cart. I looked at the other version of this same idea sold on AG, but couldn't justify the cost (why do you think I built my own cart in the first place?). This looks perfect, and the price is right!

7. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

These are nice, and so are similar racks offered by Griots. As I look at the way the polisher hangs on them, the entire weight of the machine is supported (effectively) on the shaft as it comes out of the machine. I can not help but wonder if this is somehow detrimental to it as time passes. I'm not an engineer, but it just seems like it would be.

Post Thanks / Like

Very sharp wall mounts. I really like them and the price point is very reasonable !!!
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review, Mike.

Sucks you didn't really have any polishers to use as examples in the post.........
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by david b View Post

Yet another cool detailing tool to add to my ever-growing collection

I like the idea of attaching it directly to the detailing cart. Just wondering - is there enough room to hang a polisher(Flex 3401/PC 7424XP) WITH the pad attached? 5.5 or 6.5 pads are the largest ones I use.

Or do you have to remove the pad?
    Due to the width, you can get away with one pad attached but probably not two pads attached, maybe, depends on the tools the thickness of the pad and the width.

Quote Originally Posted by david b View Post

I couldn't tell from the pics if you had a pad attached. This would come in handy when I'm moving from panel to panel or the phone rings and I need to stop what I'm doing.

Excellent review as always!
    David
    I'll pay closer attention the next week when I buffing out my next car.

Quote Originally Posted by mk9750 View Post

Will be a part of my next order, for sure!

I built my own cart, with half round cut outs in the side of the top shelf, only to find out they won't hold my polishers "upright" like this would. They're still nice to lay the handle into, as it keeps the polisher from tipping over, but that way takes up a lot of valuable real estate on the cart. I looked at the other version of this same idea sold on AG, but couldn't justify the cost (why do you think I built my own cart in the first place?). This looks perfect, and the price is right!

Good to hear!

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    These are nice, and so are similar racks offered by Griots. As I look at the way the polisher hangs on them, the entire weight of the machine is supported (effectively) on the shaft as it comes out of the machine. I can not help but wonder if this is somehow detrimental to it as time passes. I'm not an engineer, but it just seems like it would be.
    The picture you're referring to is the rotary buffer as it's the only tool with a "shaft" that protrudes out of the tool housing, the others are all "orbital" polishers and how housings around the moving parts. And the answer to your question is "no". Hanging a rotary buffer so that the weight of the tool is on the shaft or technically the spindle will have ZERO negative affect on the tool or any part of the tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post

Very sharp wall mounts. I really like them and the price point is very reasonable !!!
    I agree. Now all I need is about 150 of the double polisher racks mounted to the wall in the Show Car Garage to hold all our tools for our detailing classes. Yancy says the wall will have to be rebuilt and re-enforced to hold all the weight.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post

Nice review, Mike.
    Thanks Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post

Sucks you didn't really have any polishers to use as examples in the post.........

Ha ha....

12. Likes mc2hill liked this post