autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: RUPES BigFoot LHR 19E Rotary Polisher by Mike Phillips at Autogeek

Whats the theory on using a rotary like that on a factory clear coat though? Isn't that a big no no that will remove to much paint?

Post Thanks / Like

Is that the same car from the blackfire 1 step cleaner/wax thread?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    Whats the theory on using a rotary like that on a factory clear coat though? Isn't that a big no no that will remove to much paint?
    you have to remove the same amount of paint, regardless of method, to remove the defects

Mike Phillips

Is that the same car from the blackfire 1 step cleaner/wax thread?
    Good eye!

Great question!

But "no". Two different Chevelles, but both cool and both with BIG BLOCKS!

If you go back and look at the pictures, while they look the same, one has a vinyl top and one has a painted top.

wax.

3-step
    I used this Chevelle for two reviews...

Review: RUPES BigFoot LHR 19E Rotary Polisher by Mike Phillips at Autogeek

Review: RUPES BIGFOOT MILLE LK 900E by Mike Phillips

LOOK AT THE ROOF

1-step
    Review: BLACKFIRE One-Step Cleaner/Wax by Mike Phillips

LOOK AT THE ROOF

Had a busy year last year.

I'm going to try to post a picture of EVERY CAR that was detailed here in Autogeek's Show Car Garage. My guess is more cars, more write-ups, more reviews than any other forum and from any other "instructor".

5. Likes mwoywod liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Whats the theory on using a rotary like that on a factory clear coat though?

Common sense...

Use the least aggressive process to get the job done"

If a rotary is required or preferred, then simply use the least aggressive product and pad to get the job done.

Good question....

Isn't that a big no no that will remove to much paint?
    The rotary by itself won't remove too much paint. If >>>you<<< use it with an aggressive compound and an aggressive pad then it "can" remove too much paint.

The key is to use the right tool, pad and product for the job. The rotary does in my opinion take the most time and practice to learn how to master.

Mike Phillips

***Update***

Wow!

Hard to believe we're about 14 days out from this review being ONE YEAR OLD!

Here's the good news! The RUPES LHR 19E is now IN STOCK and READY TO SHIP!

Get yours here!

RUPES BigFoot LHR 19E Rotary Polisher Now in Stock & Ready to Ship!

Post Thanks / Like

Mike, I’m curious as to where the stick handle is supposed to go. You showed it to go where the D handle goes. I found that too low for me and removed a plastic screw above(that holds the paddle head in place) and I liked it much better there. I’m sure it is ok there but curious as to an official answer.

BTW the stick handle is extremely nice and comfortable. I’ll get a pic later when I get a chance.
    Jim

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post

Mike, I’m curious as to where the stick handle is supposed to go. You showed it to go where the D handle goes. I found that too low for me and removed a plastic screw above(that holds the paddle head in place) and I liked it much better there. I’m sure it is ok there but curious as to an official answer.

BTW the stick handle is extremely nice and comfortable. I’ll get a pic later when I get a chance.

The rotary in the pictures was an early production unit after it was revealed before SEMA in 2017 and at the time I had the unit to use and review there wasn't a stick handle with the unit.

My guess is in the threaded hole shown in this picture here, either side but then again, this was a pre-production unit so things may have changed.

Both sides of the head unit offer threaded holes for the stick handle or the bolts that attach the d-handle.

Post Thanks / Like

Is p

In the above photos you will see what I mean. By removing the plastic screw and inserting the stick handle there, I find myself to better control the polisher. I sent an E-mail to Rupes for an official response.

Also included a pic of the stick handle for those who may be interested in it. It is indeed really comfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Mike, what is your take on the new Rupes wool pads? At first I was thinking they were more aggressive than microfiber pads, but after watching some Rupes produced videos I understand the wool pads remove less paint than a microfiber pad. I know from following you for years that you are not a big microfiber pad guy, but what do you think of the new pads and what is the cut difference between the blue and the yellow?

Information like this is hard to come by.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast