autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's
 

» Detailing Classes

New Dates Available for the Autogeek Roadshow!
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 121
  1. #111
    Director of Training Mike Phillips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Stuart, Florida
    Posts
    41,431
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Review: BLACKFIRE One-Step Cleaner/Wax by Mike Phillips

    Quote Originally Posted by Superjet View Post
    So is it ok to use the Black Fire SI02 after using the One Step?

    I do. In fact I used the Blackfire SI02 over BLACKFIRE One Step on a Maserati this last Saturday. Results were stunning!

    Next day I topped with Pinnacle Black Label Surface Coating - took the results to and even darker, more clear results. Check it out...









    Mike Phillips
    Director of Training Autogeek & Marine 31
    IDA Board Member
    CD-SV, RT
    Mike Phillips Facebook Page
    Twitter
    Instagram


    Click on a book to get your own copy.



  2. Likes cullen2505, Diner liked this post
  3. #112
    Senior Member JustJesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Orange & LA Counties
    Posts
    889
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Review: BLACKFIRE One-Step Cleaner/Wax by Mike Phillips

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    I do. In fact I used the Blackfire SI02 over BLACKFIRE One Step on a Maserati this last Saturday. Results were stunning!

    Next day I topped with Pinnacle Black Label Surface Coating - took the results to and even darker, more clear results. Check it out...

    Stunning results Mike. I wouldn't have thought about a coating over something like SiO2. Interesting.

    Would have been nice to see results like that on the Porsche I did couple weeks ago. But, not in the budget.

  4. #113
    SELF BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    571
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Review: BLACKFIRE One-Step Cleaner/Wax by Mike Phillips

    I bought the BF One Step, cant wait to test it against HD Speed and Megs D166 which I already have and used. Will most likely use them all with a Rupes Yellow foam pad as one steps.

  5. #114
    Director of Training Mike Phillips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Stuart, Florida
    Posts
    41,431
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Review: BLACKFIRE One-Step Cleaner/Wax by Mike Phillips

    Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post

    Stunning results Mike.
    Wait until you see my write-up. This Maserati was recently painted. When it arrived here it was filled with sanding marks and holograms. The paint was on the soft side. I removed the sanding marks using BLACKFIRE Compound and a white foam polishing pad --> with ease.



    Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    I wouldn't have thought about a coating over something like SiO2. Interesting.
    Sometimes I break the rules. I love Pinnacle Black Label Surface Coating, it's very easy to use, creates that glassy look and leaves the paint slippery feeling, not rubbery feeling like a lot of coatings.

    It really darkened the SI02 results which were perfect already.


    Leaving for Colorado tomorrow for my Roadshow class at RUPES, so no time to process pictures before I leave for the day.


    Trust me - I have the pictures to show how bad this Maserati was when it arrived. It looks like it was used as a Hockey Puck.


    Mike Phillips
    Director of Training Autogeek & Marine 31
    IDA Board Member
    CD-SV, RT
    Mike Phillips Facebook Page
    Twitter
    Instagram


    Click on a book to get your own copy.



  6. #115
    Senior Member JustJesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Orange & LA Counties
    Posts
    889
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Review: BLACKFIRE One-Step Cleaner/Wax by Mike Phillips

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Wait until you see my write-up. This Maserati was recently painted. When it arrived here it was filled with sanding marks and holograms. The paint was on the soft side. I removed the sanding marks using BLACKFIRE Compound and a white foam polishing pad --> with ease.
    I'll, of course, read it and add it to my notebook


    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Sometimes I break the rules. I love Pinnacle Black Label Surface Coating, it's very easy to use, creates that glassy look and leaves the paint slippery feeling, not rubbery feeling like a lot of coatings.
    There's a good chance I'll see that Porsche again. I'll start getting my coating practice.


    Have a safe trip, Mike

  7. #116
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Pingree Grove IL
    Posts
    269
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Review: BLACKFIRE One-Step Cleaner/Wax by Mike Phillips

    would it be possible to use this with a Rupes Medium Polishing wool pad ?
    I have already used it with LC cutting and polishing foam pads and it works great.
    Gav Details on YouTube:
    www.youtube.com/c/GavDetails

  8. #117
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    ARIZONA
    Posts
    46
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Review: BLACKFIRE One-Step Cleaner/Wax by Mike Phillips

    Apparently, I'm very good at resurrecting old threads. I'm sorry. Just wanted to obtain some clarification and I see this was brought up a few a pages ago.

    I seem to recall in other places in the forum here that AIO's should be utilized solely with a polishing pad... yet, this particular review, it looks like an orange cutting pad was used. I was under the impression from previous reading that the use of a cutting pad with an AIO would / could result in micro-marring and/or haze. Is this not the case? Is it product specific?

    I'm currently using a Griot's 6" DA and my go-to AIO has been McKee's 360 using LC thin pro white polishing pads. Could I safely utilize the orange cutting pad with McKee's 360? I thought that was a no-no. Could anyone lend any clarification?
    - Scott.

  9. #118
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    45
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Review: BLACKFIRE One-Step Cleaner/Wax by Mike Phillips

    I used the orange LC thin pro pads with my 21 MM da with great results.

    Your paint will dictate what type of pad is acceptable, do a test spot with both pads

    You may like the results of one pad better than the other.

  10. #119
    Director of Training Mike Phillips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Stuart, Florida
    Posts
    41,431
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Review: BLACKFIRE One-Step Cleaner/Wax by Mike Phillips

    Quote Originally Posted by PSYS View Post

    Apparently, I'm very good at resurrecting old threads. I'm sorry. Just wanted to obtain some clarification and I see this was brought up a few a pages ago.
    Never worry about bring an old thread back to life. Actually, in context this is NOT and old thread. It's all good.


    Quote Originally Posted by PSYS View Post

    I seem to recall in other places in the forum here that AIO's should be utilized solely with a polishing pad... yet, this particular review, it looks like an orange cutting pad was used. I was under the impression from previous reading that the use of a cutting pad with an AIO would / could result in micro-marring and/or haze. Is this not the case? Is it product specific?

    I wrote that article and stand by what I wrote. Here's the link.

    Good rule of thumb when using an AIO - stick with foam polishing pads by Mike Phillips


    Here's the picture showing the Griot's orange pads from the first page of this thread.




    And I think most people that have used the Griot's orange BOSS pads will agree, they are on the soft side of cutting pads, not the sharp side. Once any pad becomes wet with product this also softens up the pad. Also, If you've ever felt or used the Griot's yellow foam polishing pads, they are also very soft, not much cut so they would not have worked for the level of swirls and scratches in this Chevelle.


    So... always do a test spot as there is a lot of variance in pads on the market. The BIG PICTURE is to avoid marring the paint when using a one-step product. And be careful on light colored cars. Pad marring (and also abrasive marring), shows up easy on black and dark colored paints but no so on white and light colored paints. So use good light to inspect the results from your Test Spot.

    Good eye!



    Quote Originally Posted by PSYS View Post

    I'm currently using a Griot's 6" DA and my go-to AIO has been McKee's 360 using LC thin pro white polishing pads.

    Could I safely utilize the orange cutting pad with McKee's 360? I thought that was a no-no.

    Could anyone lend any clarification?
    IF you were to FEEL a brand new clean Lake Country Orange ThinPro cutting pad and then FEEL a brand new Griot's orange foam cutting pad you would feel a HUGE difference.

    The way you "feel" a pad is, first, it should be clean. Second - draw your clean palm and finger tips over the face of the pad.

    Foam cutting pads should and will feel SHARP. That is there's a sharpness or coarseness to the feel of the pad. Just one of the hundreds of things I show in all my detailing classes.


    That LC orange ThinPro pad is sharp - so be sure to test first before buffing out an entire car. Last thing you want to do is think you're done only to find out you need to re-buff the entire car (to remove pad haze).


    Make sense?


    Mike Phillips
    Director of Training Autogeek & Marine 31
    IDA Board Member
    CD-SV, RT
    Mike Phillips Facebook Page
    Twitter
    Instagram


    Click on a book to get your own copy.



  11. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
  12. #120
    Senior Member Eldorado2k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    9,551
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Review: BLACKFIRE One-Step Cleaner/Wax by Mike Phillips

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Never worry about bring an old thread back to life. Actually, in context this is NOT and old thread. It's all good.
    You’re so cool Mike. No really I mean it, you’re a real nice guy.. There’s people on other forums who act like they’re dictators over little stuff like this and it’s a major turnoff to people who are simply trying to join in the community on any given platform.

    This forum is by far the best place for respectful communication between likeminded people. Thanks for reminding me of that.Review: BLACKFIRE One-Step Cleaner/Wax by Mike PhillipsReview: BLACKFIRE One-Step Cleaner/Wax by Mike PhillipsReview: BLACKFIRE One-Step Cleaner/Wax by Mike Phillips

  13. Likes acuRAS82, SWETM liked this post
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Review: GYEON Q2M Glass Cleaner - Removing the happy face in Vinyl Fog by Mike Phillips
    By Mike Phillips in forum 2018 Product Reviews by Mike Phillips
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-19-2019, 08:11 AM
  2. Review: GYEON Vinyl Cleaner and Preserver Review by Mike Phillips
    By Mike Phillips in forum 2018 Product Reviews by Mike Phillips
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-10-2018, 12:30 PM
  3. Jay Leno Garage Leather Cleaner and Conditioner Review by Mike Phillips
    By Mike Phillips in forum 2018 Product Reviews by Mike Phillips
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-19-2017, 06:21 AM
  4. Jay Leno Garage - All Purpose Cleaner and Interior Detailer Review by Mike Phillips
    By Mike Phillips in forum 2018 Product Reviews by Mike Phillips
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-19-2017, 06:19 AM
  5. How to choose and use a one-step cleaner/wax by Mike Phillips
    By Mike Phillips in forum 2009 to 2017 - How to articles by Mike Phillips
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 12-30-2015, 12:29 PM

Members who have read this thread: 119

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

» February 2019

S M T W T F S
2728293031 1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 12