autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Review and how-to: Vapor Chief Steam Cleaners by Mike Phillips

Review and how-to: Vapor Chief Steam Cleaners by Mike Phillips

The POWER of steam!

Benefits

Clean without chemicals - or if needed, clean with chemicals. (Some people are sensitive to cleaning chemicals, steam solves this problem)

Kills germs, bacteria and viruses

Kills bed bugs

Low humidity dry steam

High heat and high pressure steam cleaning power

Video Product Showcase

First, here's a video showcasing the three different models of Vapor Chief Steam Cleaners avaialbe at Autogeek.com

3 models to choose from - from left to right

Vapor Chief Single Pro 75 Steam Cleaner

Vapor Chief Refill 100 Steam Cleaner

Vapor Chief 125 Injection Steam Cleaner

Pro Grade Attachments
    Making steam is one thing, being able to use it however comes down to the attachments and Vapor Chief has incredible attachments!

2. Likes RDZL1 liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Re: Review and how-to: Vapor Chief Steam Cleaners by Mike Phillips

Vapor Chief Single Pro 75 Steam Cleaner - $679.99

Single fill water tank, fill her up and you're good to go until you run out of water. This is what is meant by the word SINGLE in the model name.

Very sturdy stainless steel construction. Vapor Chief Steam machine are built like TANKS!

Convenient hooks to wrap an secure the power cord

About this model

Vapor Chief Single Pro 75 Steam Cleaner is a boiler steam cleaner manufactured using a stainless-steel body and features advanced pressure and heating capabilities. The Italian-made Vapor Chief Single Pro 75 Steam Cleaner uses the power of steam to completely transform the area it is working on. Essentially a simple machine, the Vapor Chief Single Pro 75 Steam Cleaner works like a commercial grade tool, but at a residential price and ease of use!

Featuring an external heating coil located on the underside of the Single Pro 75 that can heat the water in your boiler to 315 – 320 degrees, Vapor Chief Single Pro 75 Steam Cleaner sanitizes as it cleans. Also, because this heating coil is under the unit rather that inside the unit, your coils will not erode and calcify over time. Vapor Chief Single Pro 75 Steam Cleaner utilizes a fully adjustable steam pressure control from zero to maximum and gives you the ability to customize your detail!

Vapor Chief Single Pro 75 Steam Cleaner Technical Specifications:

• 1700 watt external heater
    • AISI 304 stainless steel boiler with a 3.1 (total volume) liter capacity
    • 11 foot detachable hose
    • Approximately 315-320 degree steam
    • Now with 85 PSI!
    • 13 foot power cord
    • Stainless steel body
    • Full accessory package

Also includes:

• LIFETIME boiler warranty
    • LIFETIME heater warranty
    • 3 year internal parts warranty

Attachments
    Vapor Chief Single Pro 75 Steam Cleaner comes with several attachments including 4 large and 6 small round cleaning brushes, two extension pieces, a triangle head brush, two flat head brushes, and micro hose tips for precision detailing.

Main difference
    The difference between the Vapor Chief Single Pro 75 Steam Cleaner and the Vapor Chief Refill 100 Steam Cleaner and Vapor Chief 125 Injection Steam Cleaner is this model is NOT a continuous fill model. This means after you run out of steam you must turn the steam machine off and allow the boiler and steam pressure tank to cool down before you can remove the threaded cap to add more water.

This model has a threaded, spring loaded cap to seal the water tank and build-up and hold steam pressure.

Before you can remove the cap during use, you must turn off the steam machine allow some time for the unit to cool down so you can safely remove the cap.

On Autogeek.com

Vapor Chief Single Pro 75 Steam Cleaner - Not continuous fill

Mike Phillips

Continued....

Vapor Chief Refill 100 Steam Cleaner - $1,029.99

About this model

Vapor Chief Refill 100 Steam Cleaner is a continuous refill steamer (meaning you won’t have to stop halfway through to refill your tank), that produces steam up to 380-295 degrees to effectively, and better yet safely, clean all interior and exterior surfaces. Featuring an external heating element, the Vapor Chief Refill 100 Steam Cleaner heats up in just 9-10 minutes and provides pressurized steam for as long as you need it! Perfect for use by both professional detailers and enthusiasts alike, the Vapor Chief Refill 100 Steam Cleaner cuts your detail time down and provides a fully cleaned (and sanitized!) surface!

Vapor Chief Refill 100 Steam Cleaner Technical Specifications:

• 120 volts at 14.5 amps
    • 1750 watts
    • External heating element
    • 9-10 minutes heating time
    • Continuous fill operation
    • 14.5 foot hose
    • 13 foot grounded power cord
    • 2.5 liter refill tank
    • Stainless steel body
    • Stainless steel 2.0 liter boiler
    • Maximum internal boiler temperature of 335 degrees
    • Detachable steam hose
    • Fully adjustable steam pressure from zero to maximum
    • Out of water indicator and alarm

Also includes:

• Lifetime boiler and heater warranty
    • 3 year internal electrical parts warranty
    • Lightweight and portable about 23 pounds

Attachments
    Vapor Chief Refill 100 Steam Cleaner comes with several attachments including 4 large and 6 small round cleaning brushes, two extension pieces, a triangle head brush, two flat head brushes, and micro hose tips for precision detailing.

Main difference
    The difference between the Vapor Chief Refill 100 Steam Cleaner and the Vapor Chief Single Pro 75 Steam Cleaner is that this model IS a continuous fill model meaning as you use up water in the water tank to make steam, you can add more water at any time. There's no need to turn the steam machine off and wait for it to cool down so the lid can safely be removed.

Main difference
    The difference between the Vapor Chief Refill 100 Steam Cleaner and the Vapor Chief 125 Injection Steam Cleaner is primarily less heat and less steam pressure. You still get plenty of both just not as much as the injection model and you also don't get the ability to inject a cleaner while steam cleaning.

Note the cap is different than the cap on the Vapor Chief Refill 100 Steam Cleaner

This cap simply pulls off and presses on, there's no pressure in the water tank and you can add more water at any time...

If you want continuous fill feature but don't think you need the ability to inject cleaning chemicals when steaming, this is the best option.

On Autogeek.com

Mike Phillips

Continued....

Vapor Chief 125 Injection Steam Cleaner - $1,899.99

About this model

Vapor Chief 125 Injection Steam Cleaner features a unique chemical injection (the cleaner of your choice), as well as steam to clean any interior and exterior surface. Unlike other injection steamers on the market, the Vapor Chief 125 Injection Steam Cleaner is not diesel or propane powered, and uses 120 volts – making is safe for use both indoors and out. Weighing in at just 45 pounds, the Vapor Chief 125 Injection Steam Cleaner is perfect for both the mobile detailer as well as the DIY enthusiast!

Unique Injection Feature

The Vapor Chief 125 Injection Steam Cleaner has two separate tanks as well as the boiler for steam. One tank is for your clean water and the other tank is for your choice of chemical to use with the steam for cleaning.

Vapor Chief 125 Steam Injection Steam Cleaner’s unique chemical insertion bypasses the boiler and uses a pump to inject your cleaning solution directly into the steam hose. With buttons on your handle, you are able to adjust the amount of steam as well as the amount of chemical that is being introduced to the surface.

Two cleaning actions

With the injection model, you get cleaning from,

1. Steam
    2. Heat
    3. Chemicals

Featuring an upgraded 135 psi rating, the Vapor Chief 125 Injection Steam Cleaner offers more psi than the either the Vapor Chief Single Pro 75 Steam Cleaner or the Vapor Chief Refill 100 Steam Cleaner

Vapor Chief 125 Injection Steam Cleaner Technical Specifications:

• Continuous fill for all day use
    • Super duty 304 AISI stainless steel boiler which meets all industry standard codes
    • 3.0 liter boiler is the perfect size for great pressure and fast recovery
    • Fast heating in about 12-13 minutes
    • Heavy duty 1750 watt heater
    • EXTERNAL heater
    • 135 PSI in the boiler
    • Great steam delivery and volume
    • 350 degree steam temperature in the boiler
    • 320 degrees of working steam temperature at the tip
    • Steam pressure adjustment from zero to maximum pressure
    • Injection cleaner adjustment valve on the front of the machine
    • Full Attachment package
    • 15 foot hose
    • 13 foot power cord
    • BIG 5 liter external water tank
    • BIG 5 liter external injection tank

Also includes:

• LIFETIME warranty on this boiler
    • LIFETIME warranty on the heating element
    • 3 year warranty on internal electrical components

Attachments
    Vapor Chief 125 Injection Steam Cleaner comes with several attachments including 4 large and 6 small round cleaning brushes, two extension pieces, a triangle head brush, two flat head brushes, and micro hose tips for precision detailing.

Main difference
    The difference between the Vapor Chief 125 Injection Steam Cleaner and the Vapor Chief Refill 100 Steam Cleaner and the Vapor Chief 125 Injection Steam Cleaner is primarily,

1. More heat.
    2. More steam pressure.
    3. Unique injection feature enables you to inject your choice of cleaning chemical through the steam wands.

Note the water filter to ensure no debris gets into the water tank.

On Autogeek.com

Mike Phillips

Continued...

Pro Grade Attachments and Accessories

All three models come with the same high quality attachments so you can get the most out of your Vapor Chief Steam Cleaner no matter which model you purchase.

14' hose and extension for cleaning floors or reaching into cars, truck and suvs

Large rectangular floor cleaning brush and triangle cleaning brush. Both come with microfiber cleaning bonnets for delicate surfaces.

Also pictures are spare O-rings.

Gum scraper and large squeegee

Gum scraper is super hard plastic for heavy duty scraping...

Here you can see the hole where steam comes through to super heat the gum...

General purpose plastic brushes and horse hair brushes for more gentle scrubbing....
    (not pictures are two small brass brushes for cleaning tile and grout)

90 degree elbow for use with brush heads and extensions...

Snap-in plug for electric communications between the spray, the steam machine and the chemical pump...

Here's what convenience looks like - a 14' hose - this makes it easy to work around a car interior...

Mike Phillips

Continued....

Now lets see this steamer in action!

Add tap water to the water tank and your all-purpose-cleaner to the other tank...

After plugging the steam machine on, turn the power switch from the 0 to the 1

It takes about 10 to 12 minutes for the boiler to heat up the water and create steam and pressure.

While the Vapor Chief Steam Cleaner is heating up, let me see if I can find something REALLY dirty to test it out on...

Found something - the floor inside our Competition Ready Van!

Note I'm using the SCANGRIP Multimatch and the SCANGRIP Tripod to light up my shots.

I stated back in December of 2016 that I look for a swirl finder light that not only shows swirls but also works great for photography and video work and you read my comments about that here

The SCANGRIP Multimatch lights up a set pretty good!

Meanwhile, the steam machine is just about up to full temperature and full pressure....

Note the green light is off?

That's because it's >>>BLINKING<<< while it's heating up and I captured this shot in-between >blinks<

Once the steam machine comes up to full temperature and pressure the light will go from blinking to constant [ON] like you see in the below picture.

Here's a tape-line to help show before and after results...

Here I'm pulling the trigger for steam...

Here's where the trigger is located for steam....

On the back, top of the handle there's a button for your cleaning chemical

Time to start steam cleaning...

Wait for it....

BOOM!
    Here's the floor both cleaned and SANITIZED!

Here's another favorite and handy tool and that's the SCANGRIP I-VIEW, which is perfect for interior detailing as it lights up your work area...

Here's the job completed...

2 very important features that come with professional grade steam machines like the Vapor Chief Injection Model is,

1 Continuous fill - This means as you run out of water you can simply add more water on-the-fly, no need to wait for the unit to cool down so you can remove the water tank lid.

2 Use tap water - that's right, because the heating element is on the outside of the boiler there's no need to use distilled water.

Here's my buddy and co-worker Will adding more water from a hose at our utility sink in the warehouse...

On Autogeek.com

Mike Phillips

Comments and review

Comments...

When people ask me about steam cleaning, I use a simple analogy to explain how well it works....

Say you've been working with your hands all day on something greasy and grimy, for example, replacing the starter motor on an old Ford. (Chevys never break).

Your hands get this black oily sludge on them but it also embeds down into the pores of your skin. You could wash your hands with soap and COLD water and with enough scrubbing finally get your hands clean or you could wash your hands with soap and HOT water and I think you'll agree it will be a lot faster and a lot easier to get your hands clean.

That's how steam machines work. They heat up the surface causing it to expand a little and then the high pressure and high heat of the steam loosens and dissolves dirt and grime so you can easily wipe it away.

You can use steam by itself or incorporate one of the many tools included with all Vapor Chief Steam Cleaners and increase the cleaning ability of the steam.

Review
    The Vapor Chief Steam Cleaners are truly built like TANKS. Yes, like a military tank. They are sturdy and well-built. Just handling one you can tell no sane person is ever going to break one. The heating elements work fast to bring up both the temperature and the pressure so you can get busy cleaning. 10-12 minutes is all it takes. By the time you turn any of these steam machine on and then get your car in position or whatever it is you're cleaning it will be ready to go.

Time behind the tool
    Just like anything, in order to become an expert at cleaning with steam you need to invest some time behind the tool. It's not hard but practice does hone your skills.

Sanitizing
    The thing I like about cleaning with steam is at the same time you're cleaning a surface you're also sanitizing the surface and that's a cool feature that can stop germs in their tracks and keep them from affecting you. I don't know about you, but I appreciate my health and it's never any fun getting sick with a cold or flue and then missing my fun job. So sanitizing with steam is an extra level of protection you can't get with chemicals along.

If you've been sitting on the fence about getting a steam cleaner and one of the things that's been stopping you from making the decision is quality, then have no fear. The Vapor Chief line of steam cleaners will probably outlast you and most any other tool you've purchased.

There's lots of cheap, plastic steam machines on the market, for a hundred buck or so you can spray some steam around. But when you have work to do, day-in and day-out, then it's time to invest in a real tool not a wanna-be tool.

On Autogeek.com

Post Thanks / Like

nice to see you guys selling vapor chief steam cleaners

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by bill walsh View Post

nice to see you guys selling vapor chief steam cleaners

Thank you for commenting Bill..

I was told we had a lot of requests for the Vapor Steam brand of polishers so we listened to our customer feedback and now they are available on the AG store.

I'm curious to see how sales are. It's a very rugged tool with all the bells and whistles someone would want in a professional grade steam cleaner. Each time I get a project car into the garage where I can use steam I'll document one of these steam machines in action.

Stay tuned...

Post Thanks / Like

That's a mega bonus that it can use tap water.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast