autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Mike Phillips

Review: GYEON Q2M Glass Cleaner - Removing the happy face in Vinyl Fog by Mike Phillips

Review: - Removing the happy face in Vinyl Fog by Mike Phillips

GYEON Q2M Glass Cleaner

From GYEON

GYEON Q2M Glass Cleaner

GYEON Q2M Glass Cleaner is an ultimate glass cleaning formula made for fast and effortless cleaning of all glass surfaces. GYEON Q2M Glass Cleaner is safe for use on all interior surfaces, and will easily remove smudges, fingerprints, dirt, dust, road grime and other glass contaminants without affecting your previously applied glass coating or water repellant product! For a crystal clear glass finish with absolutely no streaks, GYEON Q2M Glass Cleaner is just what you need.

GYEON, while primarily known for their coatings, has also made a splash with their Q2M Maintenance products – and GYEON Q2M Glass Cleaner is no exception! The streak-free formula makes easy removal of most glass contaminants with no trace of residue left behind.

Having clear glass is essential to daily driving. Not only is smudged, dirty, and oily glass unattractive to look at, it’s also a safety hazard. One second of glare is enough to cause serious damage – and it is very easily avoided! GYEON Q2M Glass Cleaner will help keep your driving as safe as possible by providing crystal clear glass!

Have you ever been cleaning the interior glass in your car and accidently gotten some overspray on your leather seats? With some glass cleaning products, some staining and stiffening would occur, but GYEON Q2M Glass Cleaner is actually safe on all leather, vinyl, and even alcantara surfaces!

GYEON Q2M Glass Cleaner will not remove any previously applied glass sealants, coatings, or water repellant products – just crystal clear glass that is still protected from the elements!

Directions for use:

Step 1: Be sure to glass is cool before use, and never use GYEON Q2M Glass Cleaner in direct sunlight.

Step 2: Using a dedicated glass cleaning towel, the Cobra Waffle Weave Glass Towel works amazingly well, spray GYEON Q2M Glass Cleaner directly onto the glass surface. Wipe the surface in a back and forth motion with your towel.

Step 3: -Flip your towel to a dry side and buff any excess product away.

I don't do windows!
    That's a cliché that everyone jokes about but fact if, cleaning windows is never really fun because in most cases you have to struggle to get them 100% clear and streak-free. Because we LOOK through them any smear or streak becomes instantly visible and if you've already wiped both the inside and the outside numerous times then seeing smears and streaks is just plain annoying.

So let me share two secrets to getting clean, streak-free glass...

1: Use a quality glass cleaner.
    A quality glass cleaner cuts through oily films like vinyl fog and smoker's film plus finger prints from kids, dog prints and dog slobber from the family pet, (usually in the back windows but you never know).

2: Use lots of clean waffle weave glass cleaning towels
    I've been sharing this tip for decades but let me break it down for anyone that's reading a glass cleaning article by yours truly for the first time. When you wipe off some oily film or gunk it is now on your towel. If you use that portion of the towel to continue wiping with then you are fighting yourself as you're merely removing films and gunk from one area of a section of glass and then rubbing them over the next section of glass. So have LOTS of clean towels on hand (at least for the inside), and switch to a clean dry towel often.

Technique Tip
    If you're trying to clean really gross inside glass, something with a film on it, then clean each window with what I call the heavy lifting towel or the first-use towel and with this towel, wipe the entire window and remove the majority of whatever film is on the glass and then remove the towel from the car. Now re-clean the glass using a clean dry towel and if you did a good job with the first towel the follow-up wipes or secondary wipes will be much easier and faster to get to a streak-free surface.

Not happy!
    It's never a good thing when you can draw a happy face in the vinyl fog that has built-up on the inside of your car's window glass.

GYEON Q2M Glass Cleaner
    Here's my test product, the GYEON Q2M Glass Cleaner. I've never used this glass cleaner before as it's brand new to the U.S. market and to Autogeek but you can see by the oily film on the inside of the glass that it's going to be put to the test.

Lots of clean, dry waffle weave glass cleaning towels - this is so key to making cleaning glass fast and easy...

Instead of spraying the glass I prefer to dampen my towels with glass cleaner. Because these windows are really gross I'm going to spray enough glass cleaner on to one section of the towel to get it wet with product. Not dripping wet but you can feel this one section is wet with product.

Start wiping...
    For the initial wipe direction doesn't matter, what matters is getting all the oily film off and also be sure to wipe into all the edges to get them clean so during the second and third wipe you don't drag any oily film NOT REMOVED from the edges back into the middle of the glass.

For the second wipe, switch to a clean dry towel and for your final passes wipe in an up and down pattern not a side to side pattern. For the outside glass, for any wiping finish out with a side-to-side wiping motion. This way if there are streaks when you look through the glass you'll know which side they're on and you won't waste time working on the wrong side of the glass to eliminate the residual streaks.

Don't forget things like the rear view mirror, vanity mirrors and sun roof glass.

Clean all glass surfaces
    If the inside of the windshield is coated with an oily film then chances are very good that all glass on the inside of the car will have the same oily film and this is another reason to have both a great glass cleaner and LOTS of clean glass cleaning towels.

Now that's a sharp looking image...

Lets' check my results...

I use this swirl finder light all the time for photography work....

Looks clears as new glass!
    Like looking for happy faces on the inside of window glass... nope... nothing to see here folks... just move along...

Review
    The GYEON Q2M Glass Cleaner works great. It has a fresh clean scent s no foul odor to breathe in when using in close quarters like the inside of our car. The product easily dissolved the oily film on the inside of the 2004 Acura TSX and with only a first wipe followed by a second wipe I was able to remove the oily film and leave perfectly clear glass.

If you're a fan of GYEON products then you'll want to add their glass cleaner to your GYEON product inventory next time your place an order for car detailing supplies. If you're looking for a GREAT glass cleaner and have been let down in the past by other products then give this glass cleaner a chance and be sure to order lots of waffle weave glass cleaning towels because have of cleaning glass is the cleaner and the other half of the equation is having lots of dedicated glass cleaning towels.

On Autogeek.com

GYEON Q2M Glass Cleaner

All GYEON products

6 Pack Waffle Weave Microfiber Glass Towels

2. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Re: Review: GYEON Q2M Glass Cleaner - Removing the happy face in Vinyl Fog by Mike Phillips

No comments?

Even when I drew a smiley face in the film on the inside of the glass?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: GYEON Q2M Glass Cleaner - Removing the happy face in Vinyl Fog by Mike Phillips

Looks like a nice product, Mike.

I keep my truck's interior glass pretty clear w/Sprayway, those same WW's you used, and Zap Cloth follow ups. (All form AG).
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

5. Likes RamAirV1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice review Mike. I threw a bottle in my cart.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by fly07sti View Post

Nice review Mike. I threw a bottle in my cart.

Thanks...

Takes a lot of time to do REAL work, not mock-up, take the pictures and the write a review that provides info a person can use.

Maybe I should just perfect the art of mock-up?