autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Review: GYEON Vinyl Cleaner and Preserver Review by Mike Phillips

Review: GYEON Vinyl Cleaner and Preserver Review by Mike Phillips

From GYEON

GYEON Q2M Vinyl Cleaner

GYEON Q2M Vinyl Cleaner is both maintenance and prep product for interior vinyl surfaces and is perfect for regular use. This light cleaning formula will not discolor or fade any interior panels, but effectively removes dust and lightly dirtied spots for a clean surface. GYEON Q2M Vinyl Cleaner leaves no residue behind, making the surface perfectly cleaned and prepped for an interior coating! GYEON Q2M Vinyl Cleaner’s light anti-static properties allow this product to be used every day for a constant interior clean.

Sometimes it seems like you’re cleaning your interior surfaces everyday – they just won’t stay clean and dust-free! Generally, the solution to that is to either stop caring about how your interior looks (yeah, right), or start using a dressing or coating that actually repels dirt and dust. And the best way to prep that surface before coating or dress? GYEON Q2M Vinyl Cleaner!

No residue is left on the surface after cleaning with GYEON Q2M Vinyl Cleaner, leaving it perfectly prepped for a coating!

This gentle cleaning formula effectively removes all surface contaminants from all interior surfaces for a perfectly cleaned surface. GYEON Q2M Vinyl Cleaner will not dry out, fade, or discolor any interior vinyl panels, and is perfectly suitable for daily (or even hourly!) use.

Directions for use:

Step 1: Spray GYEON Q2M Vinyl Cleaner directly onto a short nap microfiber towel. Gently wipe the cleaner across the surface, rubbing gently in more soiled areas.

Step 2: Flip your towel to clean and dry side, and remove any excess product.

GYEON Q2M Preserve

GYEON Q2M Preserve is an easy-to-use formula that will restore lightly faded trim parts, and preserve all others. With superior dirt repellency, GYEON Q2M Preserve makes your trim easier to clean. Increased UV protection and anti-static properties are added after just one use of GYEON Q2M Preserve and are available in just one application! For a neutral, matte finish on your exterior trim pieces, GYEON Q2M Preserve is the way to go!

As with any exterior area on a car, trim pieces are some of the first areas to fade, discolor, and lose their luster if not properly preserved. Constant exposure to the elements will dry trim out and can even cause cracking in extreme cases. The easiest maintenance is kind that’s done before a problem occurs, and GYEON Q2M Preserve will help you with that.

GYEON Q2M Preserve will do a lot for your trim – including protect it. One thing it will NOT do, however, is create a layer of sticky ultra-shine. GYEON Q2M Preserve leaves a matte finish behind, most like the look your trim had when it was released from the factory.

In fact, GYEON Q2M Preserve can be used a car’s interior, as well as exterior, surfaces to preserve the original look those pieces had.

To preserve the look and feel of your trims original finish, both inside and out, a treatment with GYEON Q2M Preserve is all that you need!

Directions for use:

Step 1: For best results, clean the trim to be Preserved with GYEON Q2M Vinyl Cleaner prior to treatment. Make sure that the surface is cleaned of all grease before application.

Step 2: Rub a moderate amount of GYEON Q2M Preserve evenly onto the surface using a clean and soft microfiber towel and allow to dry. GYEON Q2M will dry to the touch in just a few minutes.

Comment
    The directions from the company are straightforward and easy to follow so I'm not going to try to improve upon them except to say always use clean microfiber applicator pads or towels to apply products like these and after the application of the Preserve give the surface a final wipe to ensure uniform appearance and the allow it to dry to the touch.

Here's my test car. This is a neglected 2004 Acura that I used at my May 2017 Competition Ready Detailing Class to teach production detailing. We used this car for showing how to use a one-step cleaner/wax as well as headlight restoreation. I saved the interior for GYEON reviews.

Here's the dash, there's a lot of dirty vinyl there and the door panels and center console are also all vinyl.

Dirty and dusty...

Dull and lifeless...

Dusty and dirty...

Shifter and center console are due for a little cleaning....

Here's the GYEON Vinyl Cleaner and a brand new artic white microfiber towel that I'm using on purpose to show what this product pulls off the vinyl.

The dirt and oily scum you see on 1/4 section of the towel is from only the dash.

Here's the same towel after wiping down the rest of every vinyl surface in this car... gross huh?

Next up the GYEON Preserver and to apply this to the clean vinyl surfaces I'm using a clean, microfiber applicator pad.

To show the before and after difference I will only treat a small section. I also want to show the level of sheen or shine this product leaves behind as everyone has their own preference.

Looks good to me. Now I'll treat the rest of the vinyl in the car as well as all the HARD plastic surfaces.

And here's the final results... a very nice dark natural sheen that is not greasy or oily.

Review

If you're a fan of GYEON products these two products for cleaning, protecting and beautifying vinyl and plastic surfaces won't let you down. If you don't have any loyalty to any brand for cleaning and protecting vinyl and plastic you'll love these two products.

They are super simple to use, just apply like I show in the above pictures. The vinyl cleaner cleans great and has a light lime or citrus fragrance. The vinyl preserver has a thin lotion like consistency that spreads out easy, soaks in and leaves a better than new looking deep, dark sheen without an oily or greasy surface. I couldn't tell or smell any strong scent to the preserve just a neutral scent.

Easy to use, great looking results that anyone would be proud of.

On Autogeek.com

GYEON Q2M Vinyl Cleaner

GYEON Q2M Preserve

All GYEON products

2004 Acura TSX

2. Thanks Diner thanked for this post
    Mike Phillips

Re: Review: GYEON Vinyl Cleaner and Preserver Review by Mike Phillips

***bump***

Now available on the Autogeek.com store and on the What's New Page

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Another quality product! The key is the "no greasy look"

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by idriveblackcars View Post

Another quality product! The key is the "no greasy look"

I agree.

No greasy look and just as important... no greasy FEEL

Post Thanks / Like

This stuff is also for exterior trim, Thought I should point that out. I don't know about the vinyl cleaner but I can confirm the preserve works good on exterior trim. Seems to be holding up from about 6 weeks ago. They say you can use it on tires to but I haven't tried that

Post Thanks / Like

How about vinyl stripes?

Post Thanks / Like

Mike this is a great write up. I have been using Preserve for quite awhile now and it is a great product for the interior. It leaves a nice finish. It has actually restored/revived the older interior plastics on my mom's car.

9. Likes Corfiot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks kind of shiny and uneven in the photos

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DBAILEY View Post
    Looks kind of shiny and uneven in the photos
    The uneven apearance could simply be due to the vinyl absorbing the product unevenly. Since the car is 14 years old, I'd expect the dash to be less than perfect depending on the level of upkeep over the years.

The shine bothers me too. In the right lighting conditions it could become a visibility problem for the driver which is a bigger problem than simply not being a look I go for in car interiors. I wonder if that is due to the type of dash material. I've noticed some automakers use a hard plastic on the dash areas versus a soft touch vinyl and the hard stuff is a little shiny on it's own and when treated with a protectant it's really bad.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post

The uneven apearance could simply be due to the vinyl absorbing the product unevenly. Since the car is 14 years old, I'd expect the dash to be less than perfect depending on the level of upkeep over the years.
    Also could just be the pictures - tick on the difficult side to get GREAT interior shots....

Sad to say my neighbor sold this car and I'll likely never see it again...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast