autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Makita PO5000C Orbital Polisher - Gear-driven and Free Spinning - Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
    Where did you get that little backing plate from, is it a Makita brand? Or whose? And for what model name

Any details much appreciated
    That would be perfect for mine
    I don’t have that backing plate.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    '03 Corvette Z06

Mike Phillips

Re: Review: Makita PO5000C Orbital Polisher - Gear-driven and Free Spinning - Mike Phillips

And just to bump this thread....

I don't care what people like as it relates to tools, everyone can make up their own mind.

Me?

I'm an equal opportunity exploiter.

To be more specific - if it works I'll show it in a class and use it myself. If it doesn't work, I won't show it or use it. That goes for tools, pads and products.

And just to document, I wrote this review for the Makita PO5000C polisher when it was brand new back in May of 2017 click the link below and look at the post date in the first post,

Review: Makita PO5000C Orbital Polisher - Gear-driven and Free Spinning - Mike Phillips

Fast forward to the present and here's one of my students in the recent Atlanta Roadshow Class testing out the Makita PO5000C

Pictures & Comments - Atlanta, Georgia Roadshow Class!

Click here to view the original image of 1024x768px.

Along with all the other popular tools....

You use and then you decide....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    And just to bump this thread....

I don't care what people like as it relates to tools, everyone can make up their own mind.

Me?

I'm an equal opportunity exploiter.

To be more specific - if it works I'll show it in a class and use it myself. If it doesn't work, I won't show it or use it. That goes for tools, pads and products.

And just to document, I wrote this review for the Makita PO5000C polisher when it was brand new back in May of 2017 click the link below and look at the post date in the first post,

Review: Makita PO5000C Orbital Polisher - Gear-driven and Free Spinning - Mike Phillips

Fast forward to the present and here's one of my students in the recent Atlanta Roadshow Class testing out the Makita PO5000C

Pictures & Comments - Atlanta, Georgia Roadshow Class!

Click here to view the original image of 1024x768px.

Along with all the other popular tools....

You use and then you decide....

I finally finished my jewelling on the Mercedes S Class Coupe.
    Very pleased with the Makita 6000C .. imo its better with the 5” pad, rather than the std. 6” in the UK.
    Makita UK kindly got in a batch of 5” pads ... very customer focused

For me the tool seemed a good deal at £230.
    Seems well built.
    I mainly used it in free spinning mode, and it was pretty easy to avoid any stalling.
    But I understand many have had problems and prefer gear driven mode. Each to their own I say.

Car looks nice and shiny.

The only thing I found difficult was polishing the middle of the roof. It was pretty tough going holding the tool fully outstretched and having very little pressure on the panel. It sure Feels very heavy after a while.
    Maybe if one just let the weight of the machine rest on the roof, that would have been easy ...but my goal was to really make the paint “pop” without taking off any more than the minimum clearcoat.

My PTG seemed to show less than a micron had been removed ... so I am a very happy bunny.
    It also made the waxing application of Collinite 476S .. much quicker/easier

I did use the Flex 3” pad on a few tight areas, I would say that was very useful.

Thanks for all the helpful tips ... to all who advised me ... much appreciated.

Another job done

4. Thanks RamAirV1 thanked for this post
    Likes SWETM liked this post
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789