autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: SONAX Polymer Net Shield - Closest thing to a coating without being a coating

ive been using this product alot lately, tried it out a year or so ago and teh "grabby" texture it can sometimes have really threw me off. i have been testing it out in many different ways and now i basically use it on every are i detail even if its just on certain panels or places like Mike stated. i always apply it to teh bumpers and fenders.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: SONAX Polymer Net Shield - Closest thing to a coating without being a coating

Quote Originally Posted by DBAILEY View Post
    Despite a coatings additional hardness and its longevity, I actually think that Sonax PNS actually PROTECTS the paint better than most coatings. I'm not talking about beading, which is spectacular. I am talking about its ability to resist/prevent water spots from etching, from tree sap, leaf and pine needle debris etching and staining, bug excrement and squished remains etching and staining, and bird poop.
    Use CarPro Gliss or try GYEON'S Skin Product over top of their Mohs or Q2 Pure. Even after 4 months my wife's daily driver is like day 1 Syncro was applied and it's behavior is just like a brand new Non Stick Pan.

Back to PNS; it's a great product. Like Mike, I've used it on customer cars that are done with an AIO or where they prefer just a good quality "wax" as they often say.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

3. Thanks Misterpaul thanked for this post
    Likes Misterpaul liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

How would this work on brand new wheels as a first application, if at all?
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    How would this work on brand new wheels as a first application, if at all?
    I've used them on wheels, doesn't last months and months like on paint, at least not in my experience but does a don't good job and making the cleaning job easier

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

6. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been using Megs Ultimate Fast Finish on wheels with very good durability--getting about 6 months out of one coat. It is really easy to apply to the wheels including the barrels and makes the wheels a snap to clean.

Meguiars Ultimate Fast Finish

Post Thanks / Like

PNS is great. Some folks have a problem with the “grabby” texture it leaves behind. Not me. Maintain it with BSD cut 50/50 with CG V7. BSD on its own is very thick, the addition of CG V7 makes it smooth to apply and remove to avoid marring during removal. I picked this tip up on Detailing World where they have been mixing these two for many years.

9. Thanks Diner, JustJesus thanked for this post
    Likes SWETM, Rmd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, we are all different, I have a can of it here, and after reading this I thought I'd try again, as it was entirely too grabby for me the first time around, on clean paint.

Nothings changed, I still don't like it, back to my blackfire SI02 spray, the easiest stuff I found I've put on recently…
    Glen -

11. Likes acuRAS82, VitreousHumor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    PNS is great. Some folks have a problem with the “grabby” texture it leaves behind. Not me. Maintain it with BSD cut 50/50 with CG V7. BSD on its own is very thick, the addition of CG V7 makes it smooth to apply and remove to avoid marring during removal. I picked this tip up on Detailing World where they have been mixing these two for many years.
    So I've been looking for a good mix for bds, V7...hmm , that's interesting

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Is this SiO2 based or enhanced? If not, what is it’s base (unless that’s a secret)?
    I would not get too hung up on it not having SiO2 in it. PNS is the real deal when it comes to a good form of protection. Some don't like the grabby nature of it. They always sell their own coating as well.

Quote Originally Posted by DBAILEY View Post
    Despite a coatings additional hardness and its longevity, I actually think that Sonax PNS actually PROTECTS the paint better than most coatings. I'm not talking about beading, which is spectacular. I am talking about its ability to resist/prevent water spots from etching, from tree sap, leaf and pine needle debris etching and staining, bug excrement and squished remains etching and staining, and bird poop.
    I noticed the same characteristics from the Sonax CC36 coating with the exception of having better wash induced marring resistance. It does share similar chemistry to PNS. The only downside is that it is expensive for a 1 year coating. But it did live up to the 1 year claim for me.

Post Thanks / Like

I second the BF Si02 spray, probably will still give PNS a try though.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast