autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The case against multi-year ceramic paint coatings - Road Grime = Surface Staining Daily Drivers by Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by cayenne_ksa View Post
    whats worst thing can happen if i polish a car that is coated with Cquartz for example ?
    What BudgetPlan said.

I had CQuartz UK 3.0 on, and polishing removed it, of course that was my intent LOL!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

2. Likes RamAirV1 liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Re: The case against multi-year ceramic paint coatings - Road Grime = Surface Staining Daily Drivers by Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by cayenne_ksa View Post

whats worst thing can happen if i polish a car that is coated with Cquartz for example ?

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post

You'll remove the CQuartz

I agree.

I have not come across a coating that required a compound to remove it, only a polish or a cleaner/wax - so far....

4. Thanks custmsprty, RamAirV1 thanked for this post
    Likes custmsprty liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Last night I was sitting here at about 11 with a cart full of coating products. First McKees, then Blackfire, then back to the McKees, then back to Blackfire. Watching the timer wind down on a 25% off sale and trying to decide what to do.

Then I remembered this thread.

After some good discussion with desertnate, who lives not too far from me and has used a variety of coatings in the price range I was considering I decided to stick with the same routine on my new truck that was working on my old one. An AIO in the spring, and a durable sealant in the fall. My truck gets used as a truck. It goes off road, it goes down logging roads. It gets scuffs and scratches. I need to do at least some correction every spring after it gets beat up during deer season. Instead I spent less, which keeps the Mrs. happy, and went with what I know works for me. I also find the process almost therapeutic. I can't hear the kids screaming when the polisher is running!

No matter which route I take, it's still one of the best looking vehicles in the work parking lot, and I know it's protected from the elements.

6. Likes Desertnate, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pilotpip View Post
    went with what I know works for me.
    Once ya sort thru all the opinions, preferences and recommendations, this is all that matters.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by pilotpip View Post

Last night I was sitting here at about 11 with a cart full of coating products. First McKees, then Blackfire, then back to the McKees, then back to Blackfire. Watching the timer wind down on a 25% off sale and trying to decide what to do.

Then I remembered this thread.

After some good discussion with desertnate, who lives not too far from me and has used a variety of coatings in the price range I was considering I decided to stick with the same routine on my new truck that was working on my old one.

An AIO in the spring, and a durable sealant in the fall.

My truck gets used as a truck. It goes off road, it goes down logging roads. It gets scuffs and scratches. I need to do at least some correction every spring after it gets beat up during deer season.

Instead I spent less, which keeps the Mrs. happy, and went with what I know works for me. I also find the process almost therapeutic. I can't hear the kids screaming when the polisher is running!

No matter which route I take, it's still one of the best looking vehicles in the work parking lot, and I know it's protected from the elements.

I think you came to the best solution for you and your truck.

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post

Once ya sort thru all the opinions, preferences and recommendations, this is all that matters.

Agree.

9. Thanks RamAirV1 thanked for this post
    Mike Phillips

Post Thanks / Like

I dont want a full ceramic just for the fact that I like to detail and I want to polish at least 2x a year. Coatings are good for people who don't want to do any detailing.

All these guys that love detailing put coatings on and top them 100x in a year. That's fine if you like the look and like doing it but like Mike said you still need to polish it off at least 1x a year.

That's why I'm into the hybrid stuff. I just used a ceramic wax and topped with that new pinnacle sio2 product and it looks great. I didn't even polish but u can use it over wax or wax over it. I like all that

Mike Phillips

Mike Phillips

Mike Phillips

This article is probably one of the most educational articles I've ever written as most of us drive a "Daily Driver" and thus the info describes what is happening to our cars no matter what we use to protect them.

Shared here because this car makes my point.

Review: Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Polish & Wax

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617 LastLast