autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Good rule of thumb when using an AIO - stick with foam polishing pads by Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by xabo View Post
    Can a AIO be used with a rotary?
    Meguiars D151 PRC can be used with rotary. I don’t see why the other AIO’s shouldn’t be able to.

Mike Phillips

Re: Good rule of thumb when using an AIO - stick with foam polishing pads by Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by xabo View Post

Can a AIO be used with a rotary?
    Yes but you'll leave holograms behind.

You'll see them on black paint but maybe not light colors.

Just because you don't see them on light colors doesn't mean they are not there, it's just you can't see them.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replies

Post Thanks / Like

Seems appropriate with this thread so I'll ask here. Say one starts with least aggressive. Say white pad and a polish. If the correction isn't say to "satisfaction"... do folks up the product aggressiveness or pad aggressiveness first?

For example. White pad... M210... doesnt quite get it... so would one up it to orange pad... M210... Orange with M110... white with M110 or orange with M110?...

Not sure if this makes sense but was curious as to what others thoughts were...

Ryan

Sent from my SM-G965U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goonie75 View Post
    Seems appropriate with this thread so I'll ask here. Say one starts with least aggressive. Say white pad and a polish. If the correction isn't say to "satisfaction"... do folks up the product aggressiveness or pad aggressiveness first?

For example. White pad... M210... doesnt quite get it... so would one up it to orange pad... M210... Orange with M110... white with M110 or orange with M110?...

Not sure if this makes sense but was curious as to what others thoughts were...

Ryan

Makes perfect sense. The answer is D). All of the above.

Only you can determine which combo works best.

Personally, if I really like a product (e.g. HD Speed or Griot's CC), I'll step up my pad aggressiveness first. JMO.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

6. Thanks Goonie75 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Makes perfect sense. The answer is D). All of the above.

Only you can determine which combo works best.

Personally, if I really like a product (e.g. HD Speed or Griot's CC), I'll step up my pad aggressiveness first. JMO.
    Ok. Thanks. That makes sense. For example. Tried 210 with white on this Redeye. Wasn't where I wanted so went to orange and 110 and perfect. Had to polish. Was just not quite as crisp as I like. Skipped orange and 210 but will try that in the future.

I get it is relative but I appreciate the feedback

Ryan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goonie75 View Post
    Ok. Thanks. That makes sense. For example. Tried 210 with white on this Redeye. Wasn't where I wanted so went to orange and 110 and perfect. Had to polish. Was just not quite as crisp as I like. Skipped orange and 210 but will try that in the future.

I get it is relative but I appreciate the feedback

Ryan

Yeah, It's all kind of a trail & error thing until you hit on that "sweet" combo. And for me, it was a pain to dial it in on my two vehicles.

That is why I marvel at the pro guys who see anything from pristine to trashed paint on everything from a Ford Fiesta to a Ferrari.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

9. Likes Goonie75 liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Shared on page 2 of this thread,

Newb needing some assistance

Mike Phillips

Shared on page 2 of this thread,

Newb needing some assistance

Post Thanks / Like

Polishing pads leave haze on my paint. I need finishing pads and ultrafine polish to get it perfect. I did a test spot with a yellow rupes pad and fine gel polish and that left haze compared to the white pad with the ultra fine polish.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast