autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: SONAX Perfect Finish - Fine Cut Polish for Rotary Polishers

Quote Originally Posted by Pure745 View Post
    Just got a new (to me) Porsche 911.. it has some light surface scratches on the roof and on some of the peaks of the curvy parts near the headlights. I tried M105 with no luck removing these scratches.. I'm going to try the Sonax Perfect Finish with a microfiber pad.. my question is after this step, which product have you guys had the most success with after? I was thinking a glaze to fill in any remaining swirls or light scratching would look great. Any advice? My car is metallic grey for reference, want something to really make the metallic stand out.
    What pads did you use with m105?

Don't expect that Perfect Finish gives you a higher cut than m105. If you had trouble with getting the swirls and scratches. I would look into Sonax Cutmax which is their compound. And it seems you have a very hard clearcoat or very deep defects. A mf cutting pad or LC purple wool pad is an aggressive combo with Cutmax on a DA. You would get a great cut with those pads and the m105 too.

Perfect Finish is a fine polish. So if you would use it with a mf cutting pad and get some micro marring from the combo. Finish it off with a light cut foam polishing pad or a soft finishing foam pad and PF. And you will get an awesome finish that don't need a glaze. Just chose your favorite LSP on the great finish you will get. Work it through with enough passes so it's breaks down properly. 4-6 passes per sections with normal armspeed and speed on the DA and you see that the PF clears up.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    What pads did you use with m105?

Don't expect that Perfect Finish gives you a higher cut than m105. If you had trouble with getting the swirls and scratches. I would look into Sonax Cutmax which is their compound. And it seems you have a very hard clearcoat or very deep defects. A mf cutting pad or LC purple wool pad is an aggressive combo with Cutmax on a DA. You would get a great cut with those pads and the m105 too.

Perfect Finish is a fine polish. So if you would use it with a mf cutting pad and get some micro marring from the combo. Finish it off with a light cut foam polishing pad or a soft finishing foam pad and PF. And you will get an awesome finish that don't need a glaze. Just chose your favorite LSP on the great finish you will get. Work it through with enough passes so it's breaks down properly. 4-6 passes per sections with normal armspeed and speed on the DA and you see that the PF clears up.
    Used the Lake Country Yellow cutting pad. Thinking of the PF with MF pad next. My car is a Porsche 911, it's Agate Grey (a darker metallic grey) - It's at the dealer right now getting something repaired otherwise I could post pics of the scratches I'm talking about. They are only noticeable to me or someone who would notice, to the average person, not visible, so not deep enough to get under the clear coat. I'll have the car back mid week and I can post some pictures.

Which LSP have you been using? I'm looking for something that will really look good on a metallic grey car.

Post Thanks / Like

Last summer I had Ultima Paint Guard Plus and used different QD as toppers. Sonax BSD was one of them and the water behavior from this was very coating like. Over the winter months I used Gyeon Wet Coat which made it very simple to ad a new coat of it. From spring and till now I have used a topper based on Si+ Monokisel which I have been really satisfied with. Not sold on AGO though.

I have at home waiting to be applyied Polish Angel esclate lotion and Master Sealant combo. Just needs a little polish to get the snow marks from wiped off the car. It's a law here in Sweden to get all of the snow off the car before driving it. It's like light wash indused swirls. The Kia cee'd SW I have is silver metallic paint. And like the little more warmer look the LSP can get me. Sonax BSD and Wet Coat gave a little more sharper look. And the Ultima PGP and the topper gave a little more warmer look like a carnuaba wax. That's why I got with Polish Angel Master Sealant which gives that look but with a longer longevity. Then when I feel a change is needed I will use different toppers on it. Also have Polish Angel High Gloss that will be the first topper to be applyied down the road.

Do you have any thoughts about what LSP you are going with?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Last summer I had Ultima Paint Guard Plus and used different QD as toppers. Sonax BSD was one of them and the water behavior from this was very coating like. Over the winter months I used Gyeon Wet Coat which made it very simple to ad a new coat of it. From spring and till now I have used a topper based on Si+ Monokisel which I have been really satisfied with. Not sold on AGO though.

I have at home waiting to be applyied Polish Angel esclate lotion and Master Sealant combo. Just needs a little polish to get the snow marks from wiped off the car. It's a law here in Sweden to get all of the snow off the car before driving it. It's like light wash indused swirls. The Kia cee'd SW I have is silver metallic paint. And like the little more warmer look the LSP can get me. Sonax BSD and Wet Coat gave a little more sharper look. And the Ultima PGP and the topper gave a little more warmer look like a carnuaba wax. That's why I got with Polish Angel Master Sealant which gives that look but with a longer longevity. Then when I feel a change is needed I will use different toppers on it. Also have Polish Angel High Gloss that will be the first topper to be applyied down the road.

Do you have any thoughts about what LSP you are going with?
    Ugh, my mistake I was using the M205 with yellow foam cutting pad not the 105!

My plan was to use the Sonax PF with microfiber pad, Adams Glaze, Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant, and then Wolfgang Estate Carnuba.

I was previously using Chemical Guys stuff (bought into the marketing) but on my new car, I want much better results.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Pure745 View Post

Just got a new (to me) Porsche 911.. it has some light surface scratches on the roof and on some of the peaks of the curvy parts near the headlights.

I tried M105 with no luck removing these scratches..

M105 is a VERY capable compound. I can remember using the beta version when it was first removed, so I have a tick of experience with it.

Before going down the rabbit hole of why it's not working on Porsche...

You left out some vital info

What tool did you use?

What pad?

HUGE FACTORS besides the abrasive technology.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12