autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Re: My Pad Prediction - Smaller Wool Cutting Pads for smaller rotary polishers

Quote Originally Posted by theamcguy View Post

5" pads would be great. Good call Mike.

I have both Flex cordless machines on preorder and hope the pads will be available soon.
    I tested a 5.5" wool pad last night on the FLEX Cordless, I liked the size. Have not made up my mind on the pile length as of yet.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm kind of surprised they do that already have them. You figure enough detailers work on repaints where there are small sections to cut out sanding marks.
    2016 Mazda 3 Sports GT
    2015 Lexus IS250 F Sport

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by WillSports3 View Post
    I'm kind of surprised they do that already have them. You figure enough detailers work on repaints where there are small sections to cut out sanding marks.

There's small lambswool pads, the kind that are soft and fuzzy. I'm talking about a "real" buffing pad.

Mike Phillips

***Update***

Here's some prototype pads I've been sent to test out. After last weekend's 3-day detailing class, the wetsanding training car still had sanding marks here and there that needed to be removed so I put the 5.5" pad to work.

So far I like the size but the pile length is too short. Gave feedback to manufacturer and they are sending me same size pad with longer pile length.

5. Likes Aaryn NZ, dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Look at the angle and hand position with the new cordless buffer no more worries of the cord getting in the way and falling on the paint, great article Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the update on the smaller buffer pads, hopefully they will be able to send the longer length pile soon.
    Bill Strobel
    Owner Independent Towing & Repair
    Fayetteville, NC
    Do It Right or Don't Do It At All

Mike Phillips

Thank you for the update on the smaller buffer pads, hopefully they will be able to send the longer length pile soon.
    No problemo - and they’ll be here next week.

Now I just need a worthy victim!

Mike Phillips

Simultaneously - this same discussion is on my FB page.

Link in Sig Line.

Post Thanks / Like

Mike what backing plate are you using with the smaller buffing pad on the cordless Flex rotary?
    Bill Strobel
    Owner Independent Towing & Repair
    Fayetteville, NC
    Do It Right or Don't Do It At All

Mike Phillips

Mike what backing plate are you using with the smaller buffing pad on the cordless Flex rotary?
    It's a METRIC 4" or 5" - I'd have to find my old fashioned ruler and measure.

Being one of the few guys that were given the first cordless polishers at SEMA last year, I think this is why my FLEX Cordless is metric and not U.S. Standard. They just didn't have many to bring to the U.S. that early in the production of the new tools.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast