autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Mike Phillips

On Cars.com - How to Prevent Scratches, Swirls on a Black Car - by Joe Bruzek

On Cars.com - How to Prevent Scratches, Swirls on a Black Car - by Joe Bruzek

I did an interview with Joe Bruzek on how to avoid swirls and scratches on black cars. I don't remember ever hearing back from him when the article was published or getting a link to the article? Maybe I did but just don't remember?

Regardless, while looking for an article via Google this morning I found it.

One thing I shared with Joe was that the same techniques used to prevent swirls and scratches on BLACK paint are the same techniques used to prevent swirls and scratches on ANY color of car paint.

I know people want to believe there's something magical about taking care of black paint and while it is important to use good products and good technique in any way you "touch" the paint, the big picture is that 99% of cars have a clearcoat finish.

This means there's a clear layer of paint over the colored or pigmented layer of paint and anything that would scratch the clear layer of paint over a black basecoat layer of paint would scratch ANY clearcoat over any color of paint.

And the opposite is true.

Anything that's safe or a good technique for black paint is safe and a good technique for any other color.

Here's the link to the article...

How to Prevent Scratches, Swirls on a Black Car - by Joe Bruzek

I'll send Joe an e-mail, thanking him for the interview and due credit.

Mike Phillips

Re: On Cars.com - How to Prevent Scratches, Swirls on a Black Car - by Joe Bruzek

***Bump***

Anyone ever see this article?

Anyone ever buy a car from Cars.com?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: On Cars.com - How to Prevent Scratches, Swirls on a Black Car - by Joe Bruzek

I did not see the article and actually didn't even know they had an area on their site for that type of material. Without a specific google search, I couldn't find it from their home page.

I have used Cars.com to find a car recently. I like the layout and the way they handle seller's photo's better than Autotrader. However, when hunting for a car I'll use both Cars.com and Autotrader as the volume of search results car vary widely based on brand and location.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post

I did not see the article and actually didn't even know they had an area on their site for that type of material. Without a specific google search, I couldn't find it from their home page.
    Gotcha...

I didn't know either until I was asked to be a part of the interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post

I have used Cars.com to find a car recently.

I like the layout and the way they handle seller's photo's better than Autotrader.

However, when hunting for a car I'll use both Cars.com and Autotrader as the volume of search results car vary widely based on brand and location.
    I've been using autoTEMPEST - it searches multiple car sales databases in one step. Kind of like Trivago.

Post Thanks / Like

another site to check out cars is... https://www.cargurus.com/