autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Interior Detailing - 2 Tips and 2 Tools - SCANGRIP I-View and Tornador ZV-240 Velocity Vac Dry by Mike Phillips

Interior Detailing - 2 Tips and 2 Tools - SCANGRIP I-View and Tornador ZV-240 Velocity Vac Dry by Mike Phillips

Here's 2 tips and two cool tools to help you reduce your interior detailing time while doing a better job.

Tornador ZV-240 Velocity Vac Dry

SCANGRIP I-View

The Tornador ZV-240 Velocity Vac Dry is a powerful cleaning tool that works of the suction from your shop-vac and the compressed air from your air compressor.

How it works

It blasts a tornado or circular pattern of high pressure air at the surface blowing out debris while at the same time extracting the debris into your shop-vac. This is definitely one tool you have to see to believe or take my word for it - it's amazing!

The SCANGRIP I-View is an interior detailer's best friend. It completely lights up the interior area you're cleaning so for once!!! you can actually see what you're doing.

Together these two tools make for the Dynamic Duo!

On Autogeek.com

SCANGRIP I-View

Mike Phillips

Re: Interior Detailing - 2 Tips and 2 Tools - SCANGRIP I-View and Tornador ZV-240 Velocity Vac Dry by Mike Phillips

Continued....

Interior Detailing

Cleaning the inside of your car is for the most part a mundane chore that's not very fun or exciting to say the least. Cleaning the interior of someone else's car is even less fun and exciting except if you're detailing for a business at least there's a financial reward at the end of the day.

Here's two tips to make interior detailing faster and easier.

1: Before vacuuming out the interior, slide the seats to either the extreme forward position or the extreme rear position. By doing this you'll expose the maximu floor space on one side of the seat to make it easier to remove all debris and vacuum thoroughly.

2: Before vacuuming, after moving the seats either forward or to the rear of the car, next take and blow out the underneath of the seat using one of these tools,

Air blowing tools

Tornador Blow Out Gun

Metro Blaster SideKick

Metro Master Blaster 8hp Revolution with 30 foot hose

By blowing all the gum wrappers, old dried out French fires, kids toys, hair ties under the seat to either the front of the back portion of the car you'll make it easier to remove and vacuum all this junk out of the car enableing you to do a more thorough job.

Mike Phillips

Re: Interior Detailing - 2 Tips and 2 Tools - SCANGRIP I-View and Tornador ZV-240 Velocity Vac Dry by Mike Phillips

Continued...

Bonus tip

If you do a lot of car interior detailing, get yourself a

After you use the SCANGRIP I-View ONE TIME - you'll never clean another car interior without it.

SCANGRIP I-View

Mike Phillips

Continued...

Now lets put all these tools to work and clean an car interior... the victim here is a 2004 Acura TSX 4-door that we used for exterior detailing, headlight correction at my last 3-day detailing class. We used other cars for interiror detailing so before returing the car back to the owner with clean exterior I saved it for some new product review.

There's a pretty good film on the inside of the glass, this oily film is called vinyl fog and it's also just normal accumulation of gunk from normal use.

Photography lamp
    Besides using the SCANGRIP Sunmatch Swirl Finder Light to find swirls I also use it to light up shots when I'm taking pictures for articles. The full color spectrum light emitted by this tool works great for photography work including taking pictures of the inside of a car.

This Acura has both vinyl and leather surfaces and everything is dirty from neglect over the years.

I'll be cleaning and bringing the vinyl in this car back to life with the new GYEON Vinyl Cleaner and GYEON Q2M Preserve.

Use only water and a microfiber towel?

Look at these seats...

Water only? - What?

Once in a while I see some well-meaning person tell others that,

Modern leather is coated, you don't need special products to clean, condition or protect modern coated leather. Simply wipe using a microfiber towel and some water.

Really?

These seats look dull and lifeless, even ugly. Wiping them with some water will do nothing. Zero. Zilch. You'll see these pictures in an upcoming review of GYEON Leather Cleaner and GYEON Leather Coat Q2.

The floors including both the floor mats and the floor carpeting

Dusty and dirty...

Shifter and center console are due for a little cleaning....

If the seats, dash, console and floor is dirt my guess is the door panels are dirty too....

Mike Phillips

Continued...

First remove all the larger clutter and debris that's too large to vacuum...

After you've removed all the large debris you can see, next move the seats to either the extreme forward or rearward position...

Next - blow out the underneath of the seat using a air tool like the Tornador Air Blow Out Gun

After blowing all the junk under the seat forward, carefully lift out the floor mat. It's easier to dump the dirt on the floor matt off than it is to vacuum it out of the carpet so that's why I blow out the seats first and then remove the mats but if you want you can remove the mats first and blow all the junk out onto the carpet and then vacuum the carpet.

Vacuum out the dirt and debris with your shop-vac

The SCANGRIP I-Beam

This is the coolest tool for doing interior work. With this lamp on your forehead you can completely light of the area youj're working instead of straining your eyes to see into the dark.

After vacuuming you can use the Tornador Air Blow Out Gun to blast out dirt and debris you couldn't reach with the vacuum.

This is another cool tool, the Tornador ZV-240 Velocity Vac Dry

Repeat this process to the front and back of both sides...

The SCANGRIP I-BEAM really works great to LIGHT UP your work area!

That carpet is clean enough to eat off of! But don't! I don't want you to get any crumbs on that carpet - I did just clean it after all...

Your new favorite interior cleaning tool....

The SCANGRIP I-BEAM even works great to light up the trunk!

Ambient light from the overhead florescent lights....

Light from the SCANGRIP I-BEAM!

The Tornador ZV-240 Velocity Vac Dry cleans like a son-of-a-gun...

Mike Phillips

Continued....

Clean the floor mats before re-installing

You can do this before you clean the interior so they have plenty of time to dry.

Place mats outside...

Spray down with your favorite all-purpose-cleaner...

Scrub with your favorite brush with an extendable handle....

Blast off the cleaner and all the gooey junk it loosened....

After the mats have dried and you've finished cleaning the entire interior, do a final inspection of the carpet and re-install the mats.

NOTE: For safety reasons, NEVER apply a dressing to floor mats or pedals.

And that's about as exciting as I can make cleaning the floors of a 2004 Acura TSX!

On Autogeek.com

SCANGRIP I-View

Tornador Blow Out Gun

Metro Blaster SideKick

Metro Master Blaster 8hp Revolution with 30 foot hose

SONAX Multi Star All Purpose Cleaner

Post Thanks / Like

Great job Mike! A buddy of mine bought that tornador tool and loves it.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by fly07sti View Post

Great job Mike! A buddy of mine bought that tornador tool and loves it.
    It's the only way to fly...

A person needs to hook it up and then put some time behind it and after that it's kick dirt's butt and take names later....

Post Thanks / Like

curious to see for other users if they vac's performance matches the price tag. I probably have more wasted time vacuuming than anything, so I'd love something that would cut down the time there

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I would love to see how the tornador performs on the rolling landfills that so many detailers have to deal with. Can it get dog fur and sand out of crappy carpet? I can't imagine all the hours and aches that would alleviate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast