autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Interior Detailing - 2 Tips and 2 Tools - SCANGRIP I-View and Tornador ZV-240 Velocity Vac Dry by Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie Mccracken View Post
    I would love to see how the tornador performs on the rolling landfills that so many detailers have to deal with. Can it get dog fur and sand out of crappy carpet? I can't imagine all the hours and aches that would alleviate.
    agreed.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Interior Detailing - 2 Tips and 2 Tools - SCANGRIP I-View and Tornador ZV-240 Velocity Vac Dry by Mike Phillips

What a way to get "paint guys" interested in interiors... Make cool toys to play with! Awesome write-up Mike! I love my Tornador Black.

Post Thanks / Like

Great write up Mike. I agree the I-view is a great light for interiors.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    I LOVE MINE!

Lights up nicely.

I used it for all my interiors.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

It's good to see this vac attachment come back to life.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I did a review of the wet version of the Tornador vac tool. I'm a big fan of the Tornador black but they missed the mark with that. Maybe the vac is better for its intended purpose but the shear size of the contraption makes it more of a hindrance inside the tight confines of a vehicle. I originally wanted it to remove the sand I deal with here in FL, but honestly my metro vac coupled with a sander seems to do a better job. The light looks good but the price tag would hold me back. I have the claw light bar which puts out some good light but the design will not easily attach to most cars. I'm eye balling the hand held scan grip now.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by House of Wax View Post

curious to see for other users if they vac's performance matches the price tag.

I probably have more wasted time vacuuming than anything, so I'd love something that would cut down the time there
    I agree. Cleaning dirty interiors is hard, time consuming and too often gross.

ANYTHING that makes it easier and faster is a welcome advance. As for gross... about all you can do for that is wear gloves and a mask or send the customer to your buddy.

Every detailer should have a "buddy" they can send work they don't want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie Mccracken View Post

I would love to see how the tornador performs on the rolling landfills that so many detailers have to deal with.

Can it get dog fur and sand out of crappy carpet? I can't imagine all the hours and aches that would alleviate.

After reading your comment and your question, I'll try to find something with dog fur and sand and put this tool to the test.

The Acura was filled with dried leaves and normal accumulated junk but I think I perfected my technique for using this tool and it's not slow, overlapping passes, it's fast and furious move the opening of the vacuum attatchment around and just get-r-done.

Quote Originally Posted by LSNAutoDetailing View Post

What a way to get "paint guys" interested in interiors... Make cool toys to play with!

Awesome write-up Mike! I love my Tornador Black.
    Yeah... sorry about that...

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post

It is the BOMB!

Here's the deal though from a personal perspective...

When doing this type of work I get sweaty including my forehead so I don't think I would want to share my SCANGRIP I-Beam. Sharing it with other people would turn the I-beam into the

Disease Transfer Device

So each person needs to have their own or there would have to be some sort of sanitary cover for where the back rests against your forehead.

That's just my take but I'm kind of a germ-a-phobic mostly because I hate getting sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan@TheBuffingMoose View Post
    I LOVE MINE!

Lights up nicely.

I used it for all my interiors.

I think you initially shared how well this tool works for interiors with me and that led me to using it for this and what I found out is you're right.

"You couldn't pay me to detail an interior with out the SCANGRIP I-BEAM headlamp"

And yes, you can quote me on that...

Quote Originally Posted by sweatthedetails View Post

I'm a big fan of the Tornador black but they missed the mark with that.
    Where would you improve it?

I'm sending the link to this thread to Dennis Dehn at Tornador, so he'll see all our feedback.

Maybe the vac is better for its intended purpose but the shear size of the contraption makes it more of a hindrance inside the tight confines of a vehicle.
    Yes it is kind of bulky or awkward but the way I came over this was to vacuum with it first to remove as much stuff as I could and then RE-BLOW around tight areas using the Blow Out Gun and then vacuum again and yes this took time but it also removed 99.9% of everything.

See this picture,

After vacuuming I then blew out all the dirt behind the base of the gas pedal and the after blowing everything out into the open vacuumed again.

The light looks good but the price tag would hold me back. I have the claw light bar which puts out some good light but the design will not easily attach to most cars.
    Both approaches will work. The I-Beam removes all the fumbling around with placing the claw light in position and it moves with you but whatever works best for each person is all that matters.

I'm eye balling the hand held scan grip now.

I use this light so much... I use it for

• Looking for defects
    • Making sure I removed defects
    • Looking for product smears after the job
    • Lighting up "things" before taking a picture
    • Marketing
    • Removing and replacing the engine in my 1987 Chevy Silverado. (Just did that over the course of the last few weeks)

It's handy and the battery charge lasts a long time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12