autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Mike Phillips

Video: How to apply Automotive Glass Coatings - GYEON Glass Coating System

Video: How to apply Automotive Glass Coatings - GYEON Glass Coating System

Jeff McEachran stopped by and together with Yancy we shot a new video showcasing the GYEON Q2 View.

Quartz-based protection that lasts!

GYEON Car Care offers a full range of quartz-based vehicle coatings, along with all of the tools and products needed to maintain the treated vehicle’s finish. Not only are the formulas offered the most technologically advanced, they’re also designed to be easy to use at any skill level, appealing to detailing hobbyists and professionals alike. GYEON forgoes fancy coloring and scents, providing genuine, long-lasting results that will turn heads.

GYEON is gaining a reputation worldwide as a source for the best quality car coatings. Each GYEON product is carefully crafted to provide the best results, and the best value. GYEON provides innovative solutions for high-quality surface protection that lasts longer than traditional options. That means each application yields months of protection, as opposed to mere weeks!

Long lasting protection for glass!

Gyeon Q2 View is a long lasting coating that helps glass repel water, dust, dirt, snow, and other environmental contaminants. This unique formula provides crystal clear protection and is extremely hydrophobic, so each drop of water that hits your windshield will bead up and roll off taking any dirt or dust nearby with it. Gyeon Q2 View can be used on any exterior glass including the windshield, side glass, and mirrors, and it lasts up to 12 months!

When you’re on the road one thing is for sure: you need to be able to see the road ahead. While glass cleaner may take care of smudges and fingerprints, it won’t do anything when you’re driving down the highway in a rainstorm! Windshield wipers help, but tend to simply smear things around. Gyeon Q2 View on the other hand actively helps control the amount of rain and soil that remains on your windshield and exterior glass.

Gyeon Q2 View repels rain, snow, sleet, dust, dirt, and other contaminants for an entire year with just one application. Gyeon Q2 View will even cut down on windshield wiper use, prolonging the life of your wiper blades! The extremely hydrophobic formula allows any moisture to roll away, even when the weather gets rough. Since water won’t be smeared all over the windshield, your field of vision will be more crisp and even at night, you’ll have a much better view of the road ahead.

Directions for Application

Always work on clean, dry glass. Clean glass with a high quality glass cleaner prior to application.

Use a thick applicator sponge to apply GYEON Q2 Cleanse in a circular pattern

Wipe away any residue with a clean, damp cloth. Allow surface to dry completely.

Using the included applicator, apply GYEON Q2 Repel using circular motions.

Allow to set for a few minutes, then polish lightly with a clean microfiber cloth.

Allow product to cure for a few hours prior to exposure to water.

On Autogeek.com

GYEON Q2 View - 20 ml
    GYEON Q2 View - 20 ml

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Video: How to apply Automotive Glass Coatings - GYEON Glass Coating System

Nice video guys.

I don't do heaps of glass coatings in the shop, not as much as paint coatings anyhow but it is certainly something I will always have on my own vehicles. (except my 63 Bug, it still wouldn't go fast enough.) It is always good practice to do all the required steps when coating glass too. Great work on this video team, I like it.

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Aaryn NZ View Post
    Nice video guys.

I don't do heaps of glass coatings in the shop, not as much as paint coatings anyhow but it is certainly something I will always have on my own vehicles. (except my 63 Bug, it still wouldn't go fast enough.) It is always good practice to do all the required steps when coating glass too. Great work on this video team, I like it.

Aaryn NZ.

And as always, thank you for taking the time to post and share your comments and feedback.

Post Thanks / Like

I would suggest using a glass polish after the glass cleaner. It always amazes me how much gunk I pull out of a windshield that I thought was clean. There are probably the remains of previous clear water based coating like Rain-X left after just using a normal glass cleaner. I've been using 1Z Windshield Cleaner and it cleans better than most regular glass cleaners, but there is still stuff left on the glass that a glass polish will pull out of the glass pores. If you don't have a glass specific polish feel free to use any polish (one without wax) and a clean pad and it will do the job just about as well.