autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Patented UV Protection - Optimum Car Wax - by Dr. Ghodoussi at Autogeek.com

Quote Originally Posted by 01AUDI View Post
    Anyone use this stuff on top of mckees 360 ? I just want to know if they play well together or if I will have any issue with them. I only plan on the 360 twice a year maybe and then this stuff during maintenance washes once a month or every other month.
    I'm on my 5th gallon of this stuff. I use it as a drying agent and I wash 2 of our vehicles per week. I know that once I started using it as a drying agent that it seems sufficient and the car doesn't require much else. If I feel the paint is getting in need of clay I will clay followed by 360 followed by 476s and then followed by OCW as a weekly drying agent.

One thing for sure, once I started using it as a weekly drying agent the paint always pops and beads like a mother whenever it rains. Once a week is probably overkill but it certainly is doing no harm, either.

My RS gets a different treatment because it is garaged and rarely driven except on weekends and on track days. It gets WDGPS followed by Fuzion followed by Fuzion Spray Wax as a drying agent. It only gets washed once a month because it sits in the garage most of the week. I haven't had to polish it with something like 360 yet. The paint is still perfect.

Mike Phillips

Just to add....

Optimum Car Wax Meme

My friend Alejandro Bonilla on Facebook, he's from San Jose, Costa Rica, took this picture I posted last week while on the set of "My Classic Car" and turned it into a meme

Ha ha....

Thanks Alejandro!

3. Likes JKDesign, yakky liked this post
    Mike Phillips

This post referenced here,

The World is About to Change

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Not to bring up an older thread, but how does Sonax BSD compare to the Optimum Car Wax? Sonax BSD offers some protectant, but doesn’t mention anything about UV protection.

I will be using BLACKFIRE One Step topped with Sonax PNS and then BSD for “upkeep” and touching up. This is my Miata which is the daily driver and sits outside most of the time.

There are so many products out there that it’s hard to keep up!

EDIT: After re-reading the Sonax PNS description, it looks like it too protects against UV rays and more.

“This new generation of polymers produces crisp, clear reflections while protecting paintwork from UV rays, acid rain, bird droppings, airborne contaminants and even road salt.”

Post Thanks / Like

I believe most products used for paint “protection” have UV protection to a point. The Optimum car wax just has a patented type they advertise as such

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MattPersman View Post
    I believe most products used for paint “protection” have UV protection to a point. The Optimum car wax just has a patented type they advertise as such

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    True but from my understanding, the up protection actually migrates into the clear coat and doesn’t sit on top like typical waxes or sealants. That is why it is a patented process.
    Jim

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    True but from my understanding, the up protection actually migrates into the clear coat and doesn’t sit on top like typical waxes or sealants. That is why it is a patented process.
    Yep, that's how I was reading into it as well. Well, I'm not going to let the Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer go to waste either. Maybe I'll look into this as the replacement.

Mike Phillips

Mike Phillips

Post Thanks / Like

I'm guessing that the UV protectant is a nano type of product that fills in the pores of the clear.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast